Trash Talk of the Titans 2013-08-09

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
kingklash

Re: Trash Talk of the Titans 2013-08-09

Post by kingklash »

Wapsi wrote:
NOTDilbert wrote:Now me am cofuzzled....

Monica flying - yea or nay? Or TI Hulk jump-flying, or ? I Don't think she could have covered that much lateral distance without a squirrel suit just falling - esp. if she only had 2-3 stories up to start....?
It's not flying, it's called "Parkour" and the Hulk does it often. =)
I have no idea what you could call what The Tick does.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Sphinx-Napped wrote:i think the big cats need to go back to silent cat landings school, Even my cat that can jump from a 3 story house land and on her feet are more quiet then those cats!
and she younger then those 2
The smallest cat we have in the house (Rocket) lands like a ton of bricks even from just a countertop.

Junior (by far the biggest) jumps down from the top of a book case and goes "thip".
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
as363

Post by as363 »

WHAM....BHAM..... Thank you mam - I'll have a double with water on the side.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

kingklash wrote:
Wapsi wrote:

Monica flying - yea or nay? Or TI Hulk jump-flying, or ? I Don't think she could have covered that much lateral distance without a squirrel suit just falling - esp. if she only had 2-3 stories up to start....?
I have no idea what you could call what The Tick does.
Crash and dash?
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
txmystic

Post by txmystic »

Wapsi wrote:

Still gotta be safer than "planking"...

BTW, Monica just revealed that she is now 31. Is this relevant? I mean, if she (like Shelly, for that matter) is a supernatural being now (I note both are now sporting fangs), is age even an issue? Are they now not also immortal beings?
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

txmystic wrote:
Wapsi wrote:

Waaay safer...
derpy-hoof-stick.jpg
derpy-hoof-stick.jpg (69.57 KiB) Viewed 6259 times
txmystic wrote:BTW, Monica just revealed that she is now 31. Is this relevant? I mean, if she (like Shelly, for that matter) is a supernatural being now (I note both are now sporting fangs), is age even an issue? Are they now not also immortal beings?
Just because you're immortal doesn't mean that crossing the Thirties Threshold isn't traumatic...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Jabberwonky wrote:
txmystic wrote:BTW, Monica just revealed that she is now 31. Is this relevant? I mean, if she (like Shelly, for that matter) is a supernatural being now (I note both are now sporting fangs), is age even an issue? Are they now not also immortal beings?
Just because you're immortal doesn't mean that crossing the Thirties Threshold isn't traumatic...
Especially since you have to die to get younger...
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
illiad

Post by illiad »

txmystic wrote:
huh??? surely "planking" is just being stiff as a board, and doing nothing??? :roll:
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Jabberwonky wrote:Damn these Friday cliffhangers! Who's buying the first round!?

And Dave, it's your fault now...
:P
I'll buy,if "I" get to make the drinks... :twisted:
bmonk wrote:If they wore spike heels, they could properly stick the landing.
ba-dum ching!
illiad wrote:
txmystic wrote:
huh??? surely "planking" is just being stiff as a board, and doing nothing??? :roll:
Berwyn!
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

illiad wrote:
txmystic wrote: Still gotta be safer than "planking"...
On top of moving cars and such like.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Moving cars?! That's news to me; then again, I haven't paid much attention to planking ever since I heard of it.
Jabberwonky wrote:
derpy-hoof-stick.jpg
Dammit Scotty, I said "Beam us ABOARD!!"
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Fairportfan wrote:
Sphinx-Napped wrote:i think the big cats need to go back to silent cat landings school, Even my cat that can jump from a 3 story house land and on her feet are more quiet then those cats!
The smallest cat we have in the house (Rocket) lands like a ton of bricks even from just a countertop.

Junior (by far the biggest) jumps down from the top of a book case and goes "thip".
I knew petite 4'6" girls who can walk down a hall at 100 decibels. And 6'2", 250 pound men who could startle you out of two years growth by walking up behind you.

A lot is in how you smack your heel (or toes) down.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

bmonk wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:

I knew petite 4'6" girls who can walk down a hall at 100 decibels. And 6'2", 250 pound men who could startle you out of two years growth by walking up behind you.

The type of sole on your shoes helps a lot as well. A woman's high heels can make a lot of noise on a hard surface while soft flats make little sound. A good reason why sneakers have their name.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Mark N wrote:
bmonk wrote: I knew petite 4'6" girls who can walk down a hall at 100 decibels. And 6'2", 250 pound men who could startle you out of two years growth by walking up behind you.

The type of sole on your shoes helps a lot as well. A woman's high heels can make a lot of noise on a hard surface while soft flats make little sound. A good reason why sneakers have their name.
Gummo Marx got his nickname because he "gumshoed" around backstage and startled people.
=====================
=====================
mike weber