Crystal In The Wall 2013-07-08

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Crystal In The Wall 2013-07-08

Post by Fairportfan »

Lily is feeling a touch ... cranky. And determined.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
NOTDilbert

Re: Crystal In The Wall 2013-07-08

Post by NOTDilbert »

I wonder if we're about to hear a loud, crystal-ly smashing sound?
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Put crystal on the floor. Pull hammer from hammer space. smash crystal.

Again Lilly takes charge and acts like she knows, or guesses, what is going on. Just how many of these folks are playing in this game as movers rather than as pawns? I am beginning to wonder if maybe everyone is a player and has their own agenda.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I'm still getting the worst feeling that Lily might have gotten thupped... If Bud was smart, when Kath and Atsali get to the Library, she need to go back and ride herd on these two... No sense in letting a peon get a greater sense of worth that what they deserve. Not to mention she needs to make sure that Thup is where she should be and not taking detours.

That being said, wouldn't it be interesting if Kath took the crystal with her? It's the only tangible evidence that anything that's happened since the beginning of this adventure really happened. To prove it to Monica she'd need to have some thing tangible... some solid evidence.

Of course Monica will scare them all with her lisp...

Monica: Hey guys... whathup? :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
as363

Post by as363 »

Jonny Depp might come in handy right about now ! (Tonto - kemosabi) Any character with a dead crow as a head-dress - and he feeds it - is just the right person to handle this.
Last edited by as363 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

AH, but a few questions are in the air: does the specified crystal that Lily's talking about contain Thup imprisoned? or does it contain the computer and the data that was uploaded into Atsali, which was somehow set up by Atsali/Kat/Lily (as taught by Bud or the computer itself just recently, or even set up by Brandi (WAAY back when she put the crystals in place the first time)) to be separated OUT of Atsali during the Stargate transference procedure??

if it contains Thup... is it better to leave her/it/whatever locked up alone inside said crystal prison? (a la' the Etheitians) or would it die if the crystal were to be destroyed? thus ridding the world of at least one Nu Gui that's been around WAY too long for anyone's good? or would that just release the Nu Gui back into "the wild" to get re-cycled into a new victim, or wherever it came from before she possessed Brandi, kinda like the Demons do, when Monica's Doubt told us as them being older than our entire UNIVERSE has existed... maybe Thup's from that same "place" and will go back there if released... or... more ominously, free to possess some OTHER individual and have that person start new plans of revenge, or continue the ones already in place?

and if it contains the data from the Mapimi facility computer... is Lily going to destroy it to prevent the knowledge within from getting out? or to follow thru with the implied data-gathering Mission, and give it to the Library?

and knowing how good Paul is at Whiplash... i'll bet that NONE of those things are what's gonna' happen either!!
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

scantrontb wrote:if it contains Thup... is it better to leave her/it/whatever locked up alone inside said crystal prison? (a la' the Etheitians) or would it die if the crystal were to be destroyed? thus ridding the world of at least one Nu Gui that's been around WAY too long for anyone's good? or would that just release the Nu Gui back into "the wild" to get re-cycled into a new victim, or wherever it came from before she possessed Brandi, kinda like the Demons do, when Monica's Doubt told us as them being older than our entire UNIVERSE has existed... maybe Thup's from that same "place" and will go back there if released... or... more ominously, free to possess some OTHER individual and have that person start new plans of revenge, or continue the ones already in place?
Who knows, maybe Thup can survive to infect someone else. Pretty sure it is not a cosmically old entity, though. A nü gui is basically a corrupted soul, in this case the baby the priest used as a human shield which Brandi killed.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

A Nu Gui isn't a demon, that was stated. And I don't think it's an entity so much as a will. It directs its host's intelligence and abilities to accomplish its goals. In Brandi's case it motivated a second Brandi into existence that follow its wishes while the original Brandi was only marginally aware of it. It really is a monster from the Id, but its a parasitic monster.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Revenge time. And not just smashing the crystal. That's way too merciful. For wiping out her entire civilization and condemning her to 5000 years as a vampire, I bet Lily wants the noogey to suffer. Like leaving it trapped in the crystal, left someplace isolated, and aware of everything going on around it...
zachariah wrote: Just how many of these folks are playing in this game as movers rather than as pawns? I am beginning to wonder if maybe everyone is a player and has their own agenda.
I wonder how many of them are pawns that only think they're players?
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Hm. If that particular crystal does indeed contain the nu gui, I'm not so sure Pratt would smash it. Considering she & McBride now work for the MIB, it's likely she'll hand it over to them; this makes for a golden opportunity to study a very dangerous creature.
zachariah wrote:Again Lilly takes charge and acts like she knows, or guesses, what is going on. Just how many of these folks are playing in this game as movers rather than as pawns? I am beginning to wonder if maybe everyone is a player and has their own agenda.
In Soviet Wapsi Square, chess pieces move YOU!! ;)
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Time for another Acacia Fastball Special?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Julie

Post by Julie »

Wow...very interested to see where this is going! :D
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

MerchManDan wrote:Hm. If that particular crystal does indeed contain the nu gui, I'm not so sure Pratt would smash it. Considering she & McBride now work for the MIB, it's likely she'll hand it over to them; this makes for a golden opportunity to study a very dangerous creature.
zachariah wrote:Again Lilly takes charge and acts like she knows, or guesses, what is going on. Just how many of these folks are playing in this game as movers rather than as pawns? I am beginning to wonder if maybe everyone is a player and has their own agenda.
In Soviet Wapsi Square, chess pieces move YOU!! ;)
I can't see Lilly letting it get anywhere near Brandi ever again. The long connection between the two might enable the Nu Gui to escape the crystal and return home, so to speak. MIB is the last place it should go. I like the isolation idea but it needs to be a safe place where no one will ever be able to use it again. I wonder if the star gate has locations off world out in empty space. Put it in deep space and just leave it floating there for all eternity. Even if it drifts back someday the grid should still keep it away from the earth.

In Wapsi Square when a pawn makes it to the 8th rank it says King me and becomes a miss-o-logical being. It's called Chesskers. A new game that anyone can play.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I don't know what Lily is about to do with the crystal... but she does appear to be implacably determined to do it!

I suppose that having the opportunity to get your hands on the being who murdered your unborn children, left you to die in the desert, condemned you to thousands of years of undead existence, wiped out all of your relatives and friends, and conned its way into position to write you an undeservedly-bad performance review with your new employer, would do that to you. Most of us have surely wanted to strangle The Boss at least once or twice in our careers, but Lily has more reason than usual.
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Aleister Crow wrote:Revenge time. And not just smashing the crystal. That's way too merciful. For wiping out her entire civilization and condemning her to 5000 years as a vampire, I bet Lily wants the noogey to suffer. Like leaving it trapped in the crystal, left someplace isolated, and aware of everything going on around it...
Not to mention the thousands of people Lily murdered in very gruesome ways over the centuries to sustain herself. Perhaps even more to cover up the murder of those or whatever. Life is sure to throw a lot at a vampire. Who knows what scale of evil she engaged in before finding a conscience. Lots of suffering to go around.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Fairportfan wrote:Time for another Acacia Fastball Special?
That would be my suggestion....

Thup: "Wheeeeeeeeeee... I'm going on a trip!!!! Uh... wait. Is it getting hot in here? What's that big orange ba............"
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

DilyV wrote:
Thup: "Wheeeeeeeeeee... I'm going on a trip!!!! Uh... wait. Is it getting hot in here? What's that big orange ba............"
The Nu Gui''s name is not Thup. Since it was shrinking the internal gasses had to go somewhere and that was the sound of the final bit being force out. Now it is nothing but a has bean.

Deposits a gas mask into the pun Jar. That was an SPD.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Depending on what the crystal contains, I wonder what the plan is?

If it's the data from the computer, they can try to "accidentally" delete the golem and chimera recipies, and hand over the rest, which should include a metric fark-ton of info on the Anaszi/Ethetians that may be absent from the Library shelves, ready to be printed as hard copy, and thus into permament storage for perusal.

If it's Baby Creeps-You-Out, then I hope there's at least a containment unit (when the light is green, the crystal's clean) to keep it in until something can be done to either dissapate it, or perform some sort of purification/konsho/exorcism on it, and give it some sort of final Peace.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

DilyV wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:Time for another Acacia Fastball Special?
That would be my suggestion....

"I wonder if it will be friends with me?"

Or,

"Oh, no, not again."
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Crystal, crystal in the wall ...
... who's the best chess player of them all?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!