Because Why 2013-06-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
MerchManDan

Re: Because Why 2013-06-03

Post by MerchManDan »

"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Guys, I just had a thought about how Lily and the other girls came to be wandering around the desert where she died. The Anasasi were hell bent on creating Golems. Step one in making Golems is to gather up some young women to terrorise, tourture, and finally murder. Lily has no memory of how she got into the desert, but she mentioned she was injured. Maybe the reason SDO decided it was time to box the Anasasi was because they had already started the Golem creation process.

They were already tourturing six young women to prepare for the transformation.

The six dolls, besides ancestor baby, are supposed to represent six Golems.

Why they were relased into the desert a thousand years after the Anasasi were out of the way is anybody's guess.

As always, this has been a a wild @$$ guess.

Edit; possibly relevant. Bud was told by the Etheitians that she was made toprotect them, implying that they told her that they made her and Brandi.
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Boxilar wrote:Guys, I just had a thought about how Lily and the other girls came to be wandering around the desert where she died. The Anasasi were hell bent on creating Golems. Step one in making Golems is to gather up some young women to terrorise, tourture, and finally murder. Lily has no memory of how she got into the desert, but she mentioned she was injured. Maybe the reason SDO decided it was time to box the Anasasi was because they had already started the Golem creation process.

Why they were relased into the desert a thousand years after the Anasasi were out of the way is anybody's guess.

Edit; possibly relevant. Bud was told by the Etheitians that she was made toprotect them, implying that they told her that they made her and Brandi.
And the seventh doll is the final golem, created by SDO, containing a gestalt of six infant souls, and needing a certain Spider-etched crystal to activate and save everyone.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
eee

Post by eee »

I am reminded of a story told about the Dick Tracy strip in which Chester Gould finally put Tracy in a death trap he couldn't get out of: Stuck at the bottom of a narrow vertical tunnel, a massive boulder falling towards him but being impeded by the roughness of the clay sides, causing it to pause momentarily until the weight would push the obstruction away and the rock would resume falling. Originally Gould submitted a strip showing the much death-trapped Tracy shouting "Gould! ENOUGH ALREADY!!" and a pencil eraser coming out and removing the boulder. Gould's editor said "No way" and Gould went back and figured something else out. I would imagine Kath and Atsali are about at the "ENOUGH ALREADY!!" stage...

(It turned out the tunnel was a ventilation shaft for an underground construction project. Tracy was able to make enough noise that some workers heard him and hacked the wall between the shaft and the project open enough for him to slip through just as the boulder fell the final few feet with a massive "SPLAT".)
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Aleister Crow wrote:
Boxilar wrote:Guys, I just had a thought about how Lily and the other girls came to be wandering around the desert where she died. The Anasasi were hell bent on creating Golems. Step one in making Golems is to gather up some young women to terrorise, tourture, and finally murder. Lily has no memory of how she got into the desert, but she mentioned she was injured. Maybe the reason SDO decided it was time to box the Anasasi was because they had already started the Golem creation process.

And the seventh doll is the final golem, created by SDO, containing a gestalt of six infant souls, and needing a certain Spider-etched crystal to activate and save everyone.
Even crazier, along those lines, Katherine is the Golem made from those six lost infant souls. She was dormant, was reactivated by Owen Millar and went into a "default human" mode smililar to Jin's current state of being. Since she was a blending of six unborn children, her form likely would have been that of a very young child. The crystal currently stuffed down Suzi's bra likely contains the programming to bring her to "fully armed and operational" status.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

MerchManDan wrote:Shinguards! :mrgreen:
I really really want to know more about Daran, now that you reminded me.

Like why she walks a few inches above the ground.

(I don't think she does that in present time stories...)
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Dave

Post by Dave »

Boxilar wrote:Even crazier, along those lines, Katherine is the Golem made from those six lost infant souls. She was dormant, was reactivated by Owen Millar and went into a "default human" mode smililar to Jin's current state of being. Since she was a blending of six unborn children, her form likely would have been that of a very young child. The crystal currently stuffed down Suzi's bra likely contains the programming to bring her to "fully armed and operational" status.
And, in this case, Katherine's "fully armed and operational" golem status will be truly invulnerable. She will not have the one nasty weakness which is traditionally required to be present when you use that phrase.

Why not? Well, the crafty planner who did up her design, was clever enough to install that troublesome gas-exhaust port on an auxiliary "satellite" golem where it won't present a security problem... it's "hidden in plain sight" by the Purloined Letter technique.

And so we now understand Oscar's role in things. :twisted:
Julie

Post by Julie »

I'm with whoever it was who said "Brandi to the rescue." :)

On another note...it seems that the Silent Zone won't be very silent here in a little bit. :shock:
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

That was a perfectly acceptible epithet. In a similar situation, I probably would have used, "Because my life ain't interesting enough, that's why!!"
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

ruh roh.....

cant dial home.... ET phone HOOOOOOOOMMMEEEEEE

now what going to happen first the fail safe triggers, next the gate breaks,atial learns how to swear like a sailor?... wait that's not right

Murphy working over time here....

/pun jar throws a unabridged copy of Murphy laws: how not to trigger them
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

Boxilar wrote:
Aleister Crow wrote:

Even crazier, along those lines, Katherine is the Golem made from those six lost infant souls. She was dormant, was reactivated by Owen Millar and went into a "default human" mode smililar to Jin's current state of being. Since she was a blending of six unborn children, her form likely would have been that of a very young child. The crystal currently stuffed down Suzi's bra likely contains the programming to bring her to "fully armed and operational" status.

that wouldn't work remember this Kathrine is a skin suit for few demons that inhabit it, the real Kathrine died in that accident that caused are lovable jaguar girl to go thru all this in the first place, so unless the real Kathrine that is in the cellar of the coffee house can come back to life there be noway she could be a golem

now the the vampire twins that may be more convincing since she is actually older then she actually knows and is having memory flash backs
Last edited by Sphinx-Napped on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Sphinx-Napped wrote: that wouldn't work remember this Kathrine is a skin suit for few demons that inhabit it, the real Kathrine died in that accident that caused are lovable jaguar girl to go thru all this in the first place, so unless the tina that is in the cellar of the coffee house come back to life there be now ay she could be a golem
I think you are confusing Katherine with Tina.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

Mark N wrote:
Sphinx-Napped wrote: that wouldn't work remember this Kathrine is a skin suit for few demons that inhabit it, the real Kathrine died in that accident that caused are lovable jaguar girl to go thru all this in the first place, so unless the tina that is in the cellar of the coffee house come back to life there be now ay she could be a golem
I think you are confusing Katherine with Tina.
if i am confused then its because Kathrine looks almost identical to are demon barrister
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Nice idea except the torture was not needed to make Golems. It was used to make pain, fear and helplessness into a weapon they could control, the Chimera. That is until Jin spoiled the brew and the creature was sent out of their control. I would guess that all of the ashes were mixed together into the Chimera and later it was separated into the individual girls. The technique to make golems was used but had additions made for the Chimera. :geek: At least that is my thought. :roll:
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Sphinx-Napped wrote:that wouldn't work remember this Kathrine is a skin suit for few demons that inhabit it, the real Kathrine died in that accident that caused are lovable jaguar girl to go thru all this in the first place, so unless the real Kathrine that is in the cellar of the coffee house can come back to life there be noway she could be a golem

now the the vampire twins that may be more convincing since she is actually older then she actually knows and is having memory flash backs
UM... nope, you are mixing the names up...TINA it the Demon Conglomerate that runs the Mucho Mocha (current space-time co-ordinates for the Confusion Corner) and Katherine is the one here, that is the shell-shocked, fish-talking Indiana Jones-ish person... i reserve judgement as to whether or not she's the six-baby-compact, or a new Golem Girl, but i wouldn't put it past Paul to try that angle...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

The confusion corner will be having a special on two for one headache remedies, or fig newtons and scotch for you traditionalists. Sign up sheets for the massage loungers are by the popcorn wagon.
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Sphinx-Napped wrote:that wouldn't work remember this Kathrine is a skin suit for few demons that inhabit it, the real Kathrine died in that accident that caused are lovable jaguar girl to go thru all this in the first place, so unless the real Kathrine that is in the cellar of the coffee house can come back to life there be noway she could be a golem
I'm sure i'm not the first to point this out, but that's Tina, not Katharine.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Fairportfan wrote:I.

Hate.

That.

Song.
It's been eons (sort of) since I last heard that song. Late some evening in the 70's listening to Dr. Demento...
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

I have friends who sometimes sing it.
=====================
=====================
mike weber