A Mortal Descendant 2013-05-28

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

A Mortal Descendant 2013-05-28

Post by Dave »

Chessmaster Oduya seems to be getting off on the experience of pushing pieces (people) around on the chessboard.

That does not bode well for the chesspeople.
shadowinthelight

Re: A Mortal Descendant 2013-05-28

Post by shadowinthelight »

OK, someone is a wee bit too happy while looking at the massively destructive explosion.
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

...*iz thoroley comfuzled*
davids4250

Post by davids4250 »

If everything is on track, that means that the six extra babies were intended to go into the same crystal. Oduya is a real piece of work. And she is enjoying the explosion way too much.

EDIT: Also, if I recall correctly, Bia DID get an immortal heir in Shelley. Is this whole thing just a cat fight between Bia and Brandy?
No trees were harmed in sending this message, however, a large number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced
MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

davids4250 wrote: Is this whole thing just a cat fight between Bia and Brandy?
It's certainly looking that way. Brandi - rather, Ms. Oduya - must have one massive axe to grind, if she's starting this much trouble to keep the Gods & Titans off of Earth...or to keep Bia ON Earth.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

davids4250 wrote:Is this whole thing just a cat fight between Bia and Brandy?
Well, Brandi is the feline part of the chimera after all...
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

shadowinthelight wrote:
davids4250 wrote:Is this whole thing just a cat fight between Bia and Brandy?
Well, Brandi is the feline part of the chimera after all...
Tina will be getting Monica a laser pointer for Christmas.

This does make me wonder what Phix will think of the whole thing. (This is before the time loops, apparently before Phix became Librarian, and certainly before she had "time to get busy." Only now does it occur to me that Phix must have had, and in previous cycles used, a plan to bail out the rambunctious little guy before the 2012 reset - maybe to the Library or the Time Forest.) Bia, as we know, is not Phix's favorite titan.
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
Timotheus

Post by Timotheus »

I'm a' gonna sit here in my reclinin' massager in the confusion corner with a beer and a brat' and keep rereading the last couple years of this here plot line until something clicks or I have to make more popcorn, coffee, or change a tapper.

While I have no doubts Brandi can handle it herself isn't there any concerns on her part that the command center will be overwhelmed with lava?
If I Knew What I Was Doing I'd Be Dangerous.
Nov shmoz ka pop?
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

I think if I could stand and watch at ground zero of an exploding supervolcano, I'd have much the same reaction.
Timotheus wrote:I'm a' gonna sit here in my reclinin' massager in the confusion corner with a beer and a brat' and keep rereading the last couple years of this here plot line until something clicks or I have to make more popcorn, coffee, or change a tapper.

While I have no doubts Brandi can handle it herself isn't there any concerns on her part that the command center will be overwhelmed with lava?
The volcano is off the coast of Japan, and the command center is presumably in Mapimi. Lava shouldn't be a problem.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Aleister Crow wrote:
Timotheus wrote: While I have no doubts Brandi can handle it herself isn't there any concerns on her part that the command center will be overwhelmed with lava?
The volcano is off the coast of Japan, and the command center is presumably in Mapimi. Lava shouldn't be a problem.
"...all over the planet."
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
eee

Post by eee »

I have to say, I'm finding Senior Director Oduya somewhat... disturbing. And perhaps not as likeable as she might be. :o
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Fairportfan wrote:
Aleister Crow wrote:
Timotheus wrote: While I have no doubts Brandi can handle it herself isn't there any concerns on her part that the command center will be overwhelmed with lava?
"All over the world"
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Fairportfan wrote:
Aleister Crow wrote:
But was that the truth?

The extent of Ms. Oduya's influence is an unknown here. We don't know that the eruptions were accidental. It's too convenient an excuse to stuff the Etheitians in storage, which seems to be part of the long term game, as was the six-babies-in-a-crystal incident. If the eruptions were planned, it would be easy enough to choose a location where there wouldn't be any danger. Obviously there was no extinction event, and the Earth's climate wasn't destroyed. Coming back from being unable to support life would have taken far longer than a thousand years, if it came back at all.

We can't even take for granted that what Good Brandi said was real. Her systems may have been tampered with by her other personality. She may have fully believed it was real, but it only happened on her screens- after all, why would they be wrong?

Only one person knows the truth behind all of this, or what game is being played. Good luck getting a straight answer from her. 8-)
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

eee wrote:I have to say, I'm finding Senior Director Oduya somewhat... disturbing. And perhaps not as likeable as she might be. :o
...and she wears too much makeup.
=====================
=====================
mike weber
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

eee wrote:I have to say, I'm finding Senior Director Oduya somewhat... disturbing. And perhaps not as likeable as she might be. :o
I don't think she's supposed to be likeable. She's a cold, manipulative B**** - which is what she needs to be to get the job done.
Fairportfan wrote:...and she wears too much makeup.
Can't argue with that one though. :lol:
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Welp.

Monica was right. She WAS a pawn. Her part was to stop the calendar machine so that Shelly could finally "become immortal."

And I have two wild speculations out of this:

1. Bia might have been involved in the events that led to Brandi's capture and creation as part of the chimera.
2. Shelly and Kath might be distant relatives.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

"Ray has gone 'Bye-bye', Egon." ;)
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

MerchManDan wrote:
davids4250 wrote: Is this whole thing just a cat fight between Bia and Brandy?
It's certainly looking that way. Brandi - rather, Ms. Oduya - must have one massive axe to grind, if she's starting this much trouble to keep the Gods & Titans off of Earth...or to keep Bia ON Earth.
So - revenge is best served cold, after a 12,500 year wait?

Maybe she was hidden in the stacks and had a thoroughly enjoyable giggle when Phix punched out Bia!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Julie

Post by Julie »

Is it just me or is the Senior Director a little scary-crazy? :shock:

Just sayin'.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

One heck of a long game going on here, isn't it? But the plans of mouse, man, and other sentient beings oft go on screaming tangents through brick walls. Think about how fantastic the predictions were from the turn of the 20th century compared to the recent one. Just factoring in Human Nature, and War, and the resulting advancements/setbacks that result can generate Unicron-sized headaches for just normal people. It's scary to think that Bradi's enjoyment of the 'splosion may actually be a result of things going right.