Phoenix blood 2012-10-10

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
kingklash

Re: Phoenix blood 2012-10-10

Post by kingklash »

bmonk wrote:
kingklash wrote:But I think it's more that Monica has Phoenix blood, a vastly under-represented Mythic in our little paneled contempo dramedy. The only thing Titanic about Ms V is the obvious.
Well, we know what some of the Titans were in charge of. But I don't recall any Titans specifically assigned to, ummm, titanic sexuality.
I should have quantified it as being Two obvious.

*plinkity-plunk*
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Jürgen A. Erhard wrote:I would be surprised if it wasn't. As Yamara linked above, they radiate pure sunlight.
Which seems like a contradiction in terms. Sunlight is not even close to being pure anything. Including itself.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

The 'Astral Fire' didn't burn anything in the bedroom - inert physical objects have no 'astral body'; I betcha astral fire only affects those things with a spirit - living things, reanimated Tina's, Golem Girls, Gollum, etc.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

NOTDilbert wrote:The 'Astral Fire' didn't burn anything in the bedroom - inert physical objects have no 'astral body'; I betcha astral fire only affects those things with a spirit - living things, reanimated Tina's, Golem Girls, Gollum, etc.
so, you're saying that it would it affect "The Ring"? didn't Sauron have part of his soul put into all the rings he made, in order to better control he wearers? therefore it has a spirit, technically... if I'm remembering correctly, that is.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
illiad

Post by illiad »

Bathorys Daughter wrote:
Jürgen A. Erhard wrote:I would be surprised if it wasn't. As Yamara linked above, they radiate pure sunlight.
Which seems like a contradiction in terms. Sunlight is not even close to being pure anything. Including itself.
you are being too literal!!!
have you never heard someone say "its pure heaven!!!" ??? they mean it's the absolute best thing ever...

as for sunlight.. Is there *anything* that is better than that??? not in this *solar system* there isn't... :/ just think waht would happen, if the sun dissapeared for a whole month.. go on........

also note, Tina is a demon/s ... astral fire only has an effect on demons.... just like when you blow your dog whistle, and hear nothing... but ALL the dogs can, its ear-splitting load to them!...
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

illiad wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote:
you are being too literal!!!
have you never heard someone say "its pure heaven!!!" ??? they mean it's the absolute best thing ever...

as for sunlight.. Is there *anything* that is better than that??? not in this *solar system* there isn't... :/ just think waht would happen, if the sun dissapeared for a whole month.. go on........

also note, Tina is a demon/s ... astral fire only has an effect on demons.... just like when you blow your dog whistle, and hear nothing... but ALL the dogs can, its ear-splitting load to them!...
Umm ... yes, sunlight is needed for most of the life we know of to start up in the first place, even exist. It's not all gravy though. It also contains things lethal to most life. At least if exposed in excess. Some life would not notice it's disappearance since it is based on a different energy source (undersea volcano vents). But all that's not really here nor there concerning this comic.

It's not been established what astral fire is lethal to or even effective on, other than someone with phoenix blood like Monica seems to have (and, in her case, it's a good, albeit scary, thing). We have no idea if it is lethal to demons or any being. All we know is that someone with Titan or Phoenix blood can wield it. Anything else is entirely speculation on the fans part and seems to have taken on a life of it's own. Yes, we saw Shelly waited to see to Monica's well being until things had died down, but we don't know why as yet. We don't know if it was for her and Bud's safety or just waiting for Monica to go through what she went through without interference or help in the hopes it would make a lasting impression on her. Apparently it still was not enough for her to accept her status in the supernatural world.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.