Perfect For You 2014-10-22

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Re: Perfect For You 2014-10-22

Post by lake_wrangler »

Hansontoons wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:It would appear, Hansontoons, that you accidentally deleted a

Code: Select all

[quote="lake_wrangler"]
at the beginning of your post... Without it, it looks like the text is yours, instead of merely quoting this post...
Yessir. Obvious technical ineptitude in action, no malicious intent.

Tried to quote, got message of too many quotes, started deleting things, end result as shown. Will attempt to stay away from those in the future.
Don't stay away from quoting, just play around with it until you get used to it. I didn't figure on malicious intent, as you did leave the end quote tag there... That's why I didn't say anything like "hey, that's my text", but rather that you were missing an opening quote tag, which might lead to confusion.

One way to get around the nested quote limit is to quote each original post separately (and chronologically, of course), rather than nested. You can do that by right-clicking on the Quote button, and selecting to open in a new tab. Do that to all the posts you want to include as quotes, and then copy and paste the quotes into one single post, followed by your own content.

Good luck, and have fun!
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Wyvern wrote:That was my first guess; sirens take after raptors in many ways so it's reasonable that she's at least a little farsighted.

There's one thing we haven't discussed: either Tina hired someone new or there's a second coffee shop in Minneapolis!
Well, the boy Atsali is interested in goes to her school, so he's a paranormal. I realize there's bound to be other coffee shops with para clientele and proprietors, but , yeah, I'm hoping for Mucho Mocha.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Boxilar wrote:
Wyvern wrote:That was my first guess; sirens take after raptors in many ways so it's reasonable that she's at least a little farsighted.

There's one thing we haven't discussed: either Tina hired someone new or there's a second coffee shop in Minneapolis!
Well, the boy Atsali is interested in goes to her school, so he's a paranormal. I realize there's bound to be other coffee shops with para clientele and proprietors, but , yeah, I'm hoping for Mucho Mocha.
nope
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Well, Minneapolis is big enough to support more than one. (By Seattle standards, probably big enough for at least a couple hundred.) And even supernaturals can find it disconcerting to have a complete stranger peel their souls bare at a glance. So I could definitely see a market for a coffee shop where people with that ability aren't routinely present.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Warrl wrote:Well, Minneapolis is big enough to support more than one. (By Seattle standards, probably big enough for at least a couple hundred.) And even supernaturals can find it disconcerting to have a complete stranger peel their souls bare at a glance. So I could definitely see a market for a coffee shop where people with that ability aren't routinely present.
Good luck with that. Tabloid journalists, and reality-TV producers are everywhere these days. ...grumblemutter...
illiad

Post by illiad »

Dave wrote:
Warrl wrote:Well, Minneapolis is big enough to support more than one. (By Seattle standards, probably big enough for at least a couple hundred.) And even supernaturals can find it disconcerting to have a complete stranger peel their souls bare at a glance. So I could definitely see a market for a coffee shop where people with that ability aren't routinely present.
Good luck with that. Tabloid journalists, and reality-TV producers are everywhere these days. ...grumblemutter...
you're forgetting the MIB clean-up squad... :)
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

Boxilar wrote:Well, the boy Atsali is interested in goes to her school, so he's a paranormal.
Has anyone opened a betting book on what kind of paranormal Jacob is?

We've have werewolves mentioned in passing in recent months ... maybe that was a hint?

Or, going on 'rule of funny', if Atsali is a bird, is this Jacob some kind of cat?

hmmm ..... Cat Sith :shock: [bonus points if Jacob invites Atsali to the coffee shop with the line "we have cookies")

No, wait, put me down for 10 castlemarks on Jacob being a Mishipeshu :) (cat~ish and a Great Lakes link)
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Jacob ... weres ... cats ... why does that ring so many bells ... ?

Jacob Livingston, I presume?
perl -e 'print "Just another Perl ${\(trickster and hacker)},";'

The Sidhekin proves that Sidhe did it!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Sidhekin wrote:Jacob ... weres ... cats ... why does that ring so many bells ... ?

Jacob Livingston, I presume?
No, we're going full Twilight here, I suspect.

And do remember that part of the Twilight chronicles occur "next door" in Wisconsin.

Ooh! Ooh! I know! A were-badger!
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Wyvern wrote:There's one thing we haven't discussed: either Tina hired someone new or there's a second coffee shop in Minneapolis!
You mean that there can be other coffee shops? Is that allowed?!?
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

jwhouk wrote:No, we're going full Twilight here, I suspect.
Already went there. ;)
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Not THAT Twilight. :p
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

I don't think I'm familiar with either Twilight.

MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

Sidhekin wrote:I don't think I'm familiar with either Twilight.
Okey doke. There's Twilight (with obsessive fans who collect the books) and then there's Twilight (an obsessive fan of collecting books). Know the difference; it could save your life.
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Ah, thanks.

... though I still don't know which was which ... does MLP even have a Jacob?

MerchManDan

Post by MerchManDan »

There are no characters named Jacob, but perhaps somebody in the cast or crew...
"Give orange me give eat orange me eat orange give me eat orange give me you." - Nim the chimp
Animation courtesy of shadowinthelight (thanks again!)
Sidhekin

Post by Sidhekin »

Ah, okay. Is there a badger, then?

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

No badgers, but there is a dragon of about the same size.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Sidhekin wrote:Ah, okay. Is there a badger, then?
Badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger.
Mushroom, mushroom!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

O no, Snake!
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.