Speak Only When Spoken To 2013-08-13

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
DilyV

Re: Speak Only When Spoken To 2013-08-13

Post by DilyV »

To be honest, Phix may just have stepped in it. I think Monica would allow Phix to yell at her, but punching her granddaughter (and Monica's friend) is something that I believe might be a little much for Monica to stand for.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

"Ah riot - ist an oogly ting. Undt, I tink ist joost about time dat ve hat one!"

Time to sharpen the torches and oil up the pitchforks, citizens of Minneapolis, we've got our first lynchin' since 1878! Tonight at 11:00.....
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Julie

Post by Julie »

zachariah wrote:Phix has been tough on them before but it always involved talk and reasoned argument. This is reading the riot act along with intimidation. That takes it to a different level. I find it hard to believe that Phix actually cares that much about MIB and what they do. Her position in the library is secure and she does make trips to earth but not a lot. So why get so upset about stirring up awareness on earth by Monica and Shelly? I lean toward the idea that the girls antics stirred up others in the paranormal hierarchy. People who could take drastic action against them and appointed, or gave Phix the chance, the straighten them out before taking steps. If that is the case then there have to be observers to see how the girls react. It is also likely they ones watching probably do not know of Phix's relation to Shelly. If that is the case it is no wonder that Phix shut her up so fast. This may be more about trying the cover for the girls rather than coming down on them. I expect we'll find out more shortly.
I was actually more of the opinion that she's angry because she feels responsible for these two...and their bad behavior could reflect poorly on her...I think someone else (who I don't have time to go back and find to quote) also posted that Phix isn't as removed from society as she was before. She's feeling maternal...or at least like a responsible teacher. When you look at it that way, I can totally get the whole yelling, angry thing. :)
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

DinkyInky wrote:
Boxilar wrote:Well, she kind of has to restrain herself with M.

It's a fine line.

Right now, Monica is apropriately scared and receptive to what Phix has to say. If Phix crosses the line and, say, rips her face off, or something, Monica goes from receptive scared to angry snarly Jaguar Girl. (THAT BRA COST $300!)

She couldn't hurt Phix in her Place of Power, but she's not going to be in the mood to listen to anything Phix has to say.
$350.
Maybe she has a high-volume discount these days.
Grantwhy

Post by Grantwhy »

bmonk wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:
Boxilar wrote:Well, she kind of has to restrain herself with M.

It's a fine line.

Right now, Monica is apropriately scared and receptive to what Phix has to say. If Phix crosses the line and, say, rips her face off, or something, Monica goes from receptive scared to angry snarly Jaguar Girl. (THAT BRA COST $300!)

She couldn't hurt Phix in her Place of Power, but she's not going to be in the mood to listen to anything Phix has to say.
$350.
Maybe she has a high-volume discount these days.
*looks at the page again*

No ..... Monica's volume seems to be about the same as always?
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness
Growing older is compulsory, growing up is optional
Dumb things happen to smart phones
Fnord

Post by Fnord »

Please pardon me if this has been asked/answered already, but what species is "Pickle"? I apologize for asking out of context of the thread.

Thank you,

Fnord
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Paul stated she was a plant-animal hybrid of some sort, besides being in the supernatural/paranormal sphere.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Opus the Poet wrote:Paul stated she was a plant-animal hybrid of some sort, besides being in the supernatural/paranormal sphere.
hopefully she's not a Krynoid...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

. . . or a Triffid . . .