Scare For Fun 2013-12-30

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
zachariah

Re: Scare For Fun 2013-12-30

Post by zachariah »

My2Cents wrote:
zachariah wrote:Pickle and her classmates are just playing a game. Monica is right though, Pickle should have told her. Though Pickle set the bar pretty high for the next show and tell. How are they going to top the Jaguar girl?
Pickle can top it if the door to the room is big enough, and IF she can talk Shelley to walk in as her full size sphinx form with a scowl on her face. Probably won't be a dry pair of pants in the class.

Not going to happen though, it wouldn't set the good example Shelley is trying to be. I would like to see her show up, in human form, as a volunteer to shepherd the class on a trip to the 'zoo'. Bet she would want a chance to hold a baby griffin too. Wouldn't you?
Only with a good suit of armor. At that age they don't know not to scratch yet, just like kittens. I've had a 8 week old kitten try and climb my leg and it isn't fun. I can't imagine what it would be like from a griffin, or having one pounce on your toes when you're taking a nap.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
cmdrpowers

Post by cmdrpowers »

My2Cents wrote:
jayessell wrote:What's with Monica's hair?
She's a few fruits short of a Carmen Miranda.
And why the dye job?
Monica is naturally dark in her JG form. The only thing cooler would have been the whole fur and spots. No idea why the 'do' but it could just be the usual warped M sense of weird. 8-)
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

zachariah wrote:
My2Cents wrote:
zachariah wrote:Pickle and her classmates are just playing a game. Monica is right though, Pickle should have told her. Though Pickle set the bar pretty high for the next show and tell. How are they going to top the Jaguar girl?
Pickle can top it if the door to the room is big enough, and IF she can talk Shelley to walk in as her full size sphinx form with a scowl on her face. Probably won't be a dry pair of pants in the class.

Not going to happen though, it wouldn't set the good example Shelley is trying to be. I would like to see her show up, in human form, as a volunteer to shepherd the class on a trip to the 'zoo'. Bet she would want a chance to hold a baby griffin too. Wouldn't you?
Only with a good suit of armor. At that age they don't know not to scratch yet, just like kittens. I've had a 8 week old kitten try and climb my leg and it isn't fun. I can't imagine what it would be like from a griffin, or having one pounce on your toes when you're taking a nap.
I would be, in the words of Jar Jar Binks, "A Brisky Mornin' Munchin'..." Not fun to be sure.
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

cmdrpowers wrote:
My2Cents wrote:
And why the dye job?
Monica is naturally dark in her JG form. The only thing cooler would have been the whole fur and spots. No idea why the 'do' but it could just be the usual warped M sense of weird. 8-)
I wonder though... in Jaguar "Girl" form, she has complete control. The last time we saw her in spots she was quite a bit more feral. I wonder if she's had any practice getting that aspect of her under control?

DilyV

Post by DilyV »

JSStryker wrote:That little boy better watch that tongue so he doesn't step on it! :lol: The little girl on the left is silently Squeeeing.
Oh yeah... there is some serious hero worship going on in those eyes... the squeeing hasn't reached the surface yet at this point I think but is due soon. You can almost hear the OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG going on and on in her head. hehehe :D :lol:

Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

My2Cents wrote:
And why the dye job?
It happens when she goes aspect.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
meisdadoo

Post by meisdadoo »

I don't know, the Jaguar girl/demon Shepard is pretty scary, but there are scarier things in the wapsiverse.
After all what is scarier, a supernatural being that could end your existence, or a supernatural being that sees you as a tasty snack? ;)

Kids these days, still the same as always. . .
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

This strip shows that Monica's JG aspect has a bit of persistence in that her hair and other markings didn't immediately revert to human basic when she entered panic mode after thinking she scared the children. And I know, run-on sentence.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

zachariah wrote:Though Pickle set the bar pretty high for the next show and tell. How are they going to top the Jaguar girl?
Hmmmm. . .
Sphinx-Napped

Post by Sphinx-Napped »

The boy will be a faithful friend to everyone all his life. I wonder if Tim Burton had any influence on how the two center kids were drawn?
i think the only thing that can top pickles show and tell.... is if one the kids bring in actual titan....

and no paul your not allowed to make bai pop in the room, that would be cheating
Punjar repair man, that recently up graded the pun jar to 2.0 now with self defense and and evil ai that will try to kill you, if you even try to hurt it for doing its job...
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

zachariah wrote:
My2Cents wrote:

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/little-castela/
Sounds more like the equivalent of 2 weeks than 8 weeks if they would let young paranormals hold them. At that age the most important things in their lives are a full stomach and a warm spot to sleep, they are barely active.
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
sheik

Post by sheik »

If this is what Castela is like at such a young and tender age, what kind of unholy terror is she going to be as a teenager?
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

sheik wrote:If this is what Castela is like at such a young and tender age, what kind of unholy terror is she going to be as a teenager?
She shouldn't be that bad. After all she will be thinking about pollinating, current music trends, and changing her name to Briar Rose or something. I don't think she will have the mood swings normal for that age human. While she
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

zachariah wrote:
sheik wrote:If this is what Castela is like at such a young and tender age, what kind of unholy terror is she going to be as a teenager?
She shouldn't be that bad. After all she will be thinking about pollinating, current music trends, and changing her name to Briar Rose or something. I don't think she will have the mood swings normal for that age human.
Or........... she discovers she can extend/manipulate her vines like a rope and decides to become a superhero. Kind of a combination between Spider-Man and Poison Ivy. :shock: At least, I would hope for superhero. If some higher up at the Library/MIB were to cause harm to come to Atsali or Katherine........ again......... super-villain wouldn't be entirely out of the question. :twisted:
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes."
-The Laughing Man; GITS:SAC (originally from Holden Caulfield; Catcher in the Rye)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

I really think that one little girl is another Whatsit - i'm trying to remember whether Castela said she was the only one, or the only one she knew about.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Wyvern

Post by Wyvern »

GuySmiley wrote:Or........... she discovers she can extend/manipulate her vines like a rope and decides to become a superhero. Kind of a combination between Spider-Man and Poison Ivy. :shock: At least, I would hope for superhero. If some higher up at the Library/MIB were to cause harm to come to Atsali or Katherine........ again......... super-villain wouldn't be entirely out of the question. :twisted:

So, like Rowan Atkinson's Spider-Plant Man?
You should be reading the Wapsi Square Wiki.
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Now, I really want to see what Castela's typical school day is like!
GuySmiley

Post by GuySmiley »

Wyvern wrote:So, like Rowan Atkinson's Spider-Plant Man?
I have to admit that was a little frightening. :shock:
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes."
-The Laughing Man; GITS:SAC (originally from Holden Caulfield; Catcher in the Rye)
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Catawampus wrote:
zachariah wrote:Though Pickle set the bar pretty high for the next show and tell. How are they going to top the Jaguar girl?
Hmmmm. . .

AAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUGGHHHHH!!!!!

DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Fairportfan wrote:I really think that one little girl is another Whatsit - i'm trying to remember whether Castela said she was the only one, or the only one she knew about.
She might be Stone Gargoyle... She looks more carved from stone than tumble-weedish...