What Bikinis Do 2020-11-12

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

What Bikinis Do 2020-11-12

Post by Dave »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/what-bikinis-do/

"Ok, bikini... you have just one job to do..."
Drakkenmensch

Re: What Bikinis Do 2020-11-12

Post by Drakkenmensch »

Castela.exe has encountered an error and needs to restart.
thehappyman

Post by thehappyman »

There's a lesson for everybody hear. Always have a backup.

So improvised bikini then maybe? However I seem to remember that the portal can be some distance above the sea. This could all go very well.

But hang on it's Thursday. So that's it until at least Monday. Oh bother.
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Shawna is so wise beyond her years. She knows that bikinis are there for one purpose, and one purpose only, and that is to turn the hormones on to 11.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

"Mom! Where did my collection of: First edition comic books / Polly Pockets / Magic the Gathering cards / RatFinks / Grateful Dead Albums / Autographed Rock Star T-Shirts / Baseball card collection / Precious mementos of special events ... go?"

"Oh, you're too old for those, so I threw them out!"

.........g.....rr.....r.r.r.rrr....r.r.r.r.r.rrrrrrrr..........

There went issue #1 of Doom Patrol, among others....
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

Atomic wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:28 am "Mom! Where did my collection of: First edition comic books / Polly Pockets / Magic the Gathering cards / RatFinks / Grateful Dead Albums / Autographed Rock Star T-Shirts / Baseball card collection / Precious mementos of special events ... go?"

This is why the remaining first edition Charizard cards are worth so much.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

"Here, wear this raincoat instead. It's waterproof!"
Drakkenmensch wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:55 am
Atomic wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:28 am "Mom! Where did my collection of: First edition comic books / Polly Pockets / Magic the Gathering cards / RatFinks / Grateful Dead Albums / Autographed Rock Star T-Shirts / Baseball card collection / Precious mementos of special events ... go?"

I wonder how many parents now obsessively hoard all of their kids' outgrown toys and things.
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

Catawampus wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:10 pm "Here, wear this raincoat instead. It's waterproof!"
Drakkenmensch wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:55 am

I wonder how many parents now obsessively hoard all of their kids' outgrown toys and things.
Those parents would be those who lost priceless antiques through careless parenting themselves. "Mom threw out my Action Comics #1, I will never throw out my kid's Collector's Item Captain America Says Hail Hydra comic!"
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

My t-shirt from Fairport Convention's 25th Anniversary Cropredy Festival ... which i had kept for twenty-eight years - disappeared in this latest move.

At least i found the scan of the front that i did when i was looking for something else altogether on the computer the other day:

"Three moves equals one fire,"
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
thehappyman

Post by thehappyman »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:48 pm My t-shirt from Fairport Convention's 25th Anniversary Cropredy Festival ... which i had kept for twenty-eight years - disappeared in this latest move.
Well there's a bit of common ground/field. ( I had assumed the Fairport in your 'name' was a town or team, not that bunch of aging folk rockers.)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I know I keep bringing this song back up, it's certainly heavily relying on studio production tricks, but it's what popped in my head for Shawna in panel one...

https://www.premiumbeat.com/royalty-fre ... f-the-game
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

thehappyman wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:08 pm
AnotherFairportfan wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:48 pm My t-shirt from Fairport Convention's 25th Anniversary Cropredy Festival ... which i had kept for twenty-eight years - disappeared in this latest move.
Well there's a bit of common ground/field. ( I had assumed the Fairport in your 'name' was a town or team, not that bunch of aging folk rockers.)
"Fairport" actually was the name of founding member Simon Nicol's house in London's Muswell Hill neighbourhood - a couple of blocks from where Ray and Dave Davies, founders of the Kinks, grew up - where they got together to plan the band - hence "Fairport Convention"...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Atomic wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:28 am "Oh, you're too old for those, so I threw them out!"

"Well, mom, those were worth enough on the nostalgia-collectors market that I was counting on being able to sell them to pay my tuition for the next couple of quarters."

It might not be true, but who can pass up the opportunity for a good reverse parental guilting? 8-)
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

A lot of my furniture and some of my kitchen gear originally was my great-grandmother's. My dad said that his mom's family never threw away a single damned thing in 60 years--except his antique marbles and baseball cards. :mrgreen:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

Typeminer wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:30 am A lot of my furniture and some of my kitchen gear originally was my great-grandmother's. My dad said that his mom's family never threw away a single damned thing in 60 years--except his antique marbles and baseball cards. :mrgreen:
This is not a new thing either. When I was in high school (and that was back in the 80's!) my best friend's dad told me that while he was away for his military service, his mom threw out all of his comics, including a full run of the original Captain Marvel comics. Yes, the pre-Shazam Fawcett comics.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:48 pm
"Three moves equals one fire,"
By that standard I have had 9 fires. Not counting the time Mrs the Poet set the kitchen on fire.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Talking about collectibles, my mom just recently mailed me some DVDs back which I had lent her some time ago, among which was the movie Blast From The Past, with Brendan Fraser. I just watched it, after getting home from work. It was still as amusing and entertaining as the first time I watched it.

This time around, I did notice that the sleazy ex-boyfriend of Alicia Silverstone was played by Nathan "Captain Hammer" Fillion...