Older pictures?

Keep your eye on this spot for the latest info for original Wapsi Square art and other merchandise.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

Re: Older pictures?

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Further weirdness: If i follow that link on my phone, i see a lot of images ... but when i download them, all i get is the thumbnails from the auction page - roughly 300 x 400...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

Well there's your problem, you're on a phone.

Click on the tiny thumbnail on the sold image, it'll take you to another page where you can click on the image again. Finally, open that in another tab to get the max resolution.
AnotherFairportfan

Akeche wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:29 pm Well there's your problem, you're on a phone.

Click on the tiny thumbnail on the sold image, it'll take you to another page where you can click on the image again. Finally, open that in another tab to get the max resolution.
Except that only my phone can see the old ones at all - this PC {it's a Surface, but it's a full Windows 10 PC} can't see therm...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

ducksbeast wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:21 am Heck, just dump the whole thing on Imgur or Mega!
Mmmm - I'm hesitant to post Paul's Copyrighted work permanently in an open forum, so let me sort out a temporary listing on my site for y'all.

Yet another HTML project....
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I had no intention of using whatever online resource permanently, strictly a limited window of opportunity type thing, then removed from ‘public’ access.

Really, it’s trying gain back what, in my case, I already had, but failed to backup before my primary storage succumbed to slings-and-arrows...
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Right-O then, me maties! I can batch file my directory, reverse sort the dates and post the lot with 20% size images for you to pick and choose. Now, where was my CSS book....

My Deviant Art scribbles
AnotherFairportfan

Got my computer working again - bad CPU - and i'll look into doing something.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

I’m going to be in ‘Place Number Two’ so to speak, for the week- which might well be advantageous now that I think of it.

I’ll run through the archives I have ‘up here’ & can perhaps contribute a meaningful amount that way...
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Hooray for Batch files and Crimson Editor:

https://www.tadpolewebworks.com/web/PW_ ... Dir00.html

Everything (some dups) in one place. If it chokes on you, let me know and I'll break it up into pages.

Edit - Broken into pages -- new link posted.
Last edited by Atomic on Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Deviant Art scribbles
ducksbeast

Post by ducksbeast »

Atomic wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:20 am Hooray for Batch files and Crimson Editor:

http://www.tadpolewebworks.com/web/PW_A ... Order.html

Everything (some dups) in one place. If it chokes on you, let me know and I'll break it up into pages.
THANK YOU. I realize this won't be up long for all sorts of reasons, but for those of us that haven't saved things/had a hard drive blow/etc it helps a lot.
AnotherFairportfan

WHen did Tina and Luci hook up?
Leak

Post by Leak »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:10 pm WHen did Tina and Luci hook up?
When Paul drew it as a commission...
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Ok folks - I'm getting helpful reports about how my throw-together web page is choking and 404-ing, so I'm going to re-do it as chunks of about 50 or so images at a go. That ought to auto-fill much better for those with smaller web tubes not clogged by excess interwebz traffic and electro-dust bunnies.

Stand by plz for the Re-Launch! Film at Eleven, Party at Noon.

Suggestions for a decent freeware web editor welcome, please! Open Office sux at webyy work, Crimson Editor is for smaller stuff, and DreamWeaver (my old pro days tool) is way too $$$ for what little I do now.

My Deviant Art scribbles
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Atomic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:38 pmSuggestions for a decent freeware web editor welcome, please! Open Office sux at webyy work, Crimson Editor is for smaller stuff, and DreamWeaver (my old pro days tool) is way too $$$ for what little I do now.
Ever tried Bluefish? I use that when editing table templates for my bicycling journals on Crazy Guy On a Bike. There are versions for Windows and Linux, so whichever you use, you can use it there.

It is not a WYSIWYG program, so you do have to be familiar with HTML to use it, but it is a decent program and works well.
AnotherFairportfan

Atomic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:38 pm Suggestions for a decent freeware web editor welcome, please! Open Office sux at webyy work, Crimson Editor is for smaller stuff, and DreamWeaver (my old pro days tool) is way too $$$ for what little I do now.
Well, i use Seamonkey to toss the basic page together and then tweak it manually. It's pretty basic, but it gets the job done a lot of the time.

This page at Gizmo's Freeware {"Best Free HTML Editor"} lists a number of decent tools, and this page {"An HTML And PHP Editor That's Totally Free"} looks a bit more closely at CodeLobster...
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Thank you for the HTML tool suggestions! I'll give them a spin.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, my primary box bit the dust with endless USB Connect/Can't Connect errors, and a Win10 Self-repair process hung. Off to the local Fix-It guy from where I bought the box.

I'll do what I can to split up the web page with my back-up box (this Win7 one) and repost when ready.

BTW - anybody have a good copy of MedusaHug.jpg? Mine is borked.

My Deviant Art scribbles
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Ok - with some brute force plus copy and paste, there are now 20+ pages of 50 or so images each. For reasons I don't understand, things start 404ing around page 11, even though the files are on the server and can be directly accessed. The web thing just doesn't like them, I guess!

Anyway, it's HERE.

My Deviant Art scribbles
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Ok - if somebody Webby wants to explain please... I simply don't understand why some of the images don't show on the pages I put up. Here are links to three files on my site. Atsali 3 doesn't work, the other two do, so it's not the space in the file name. Using FileZilla, I did a Compare and all the "missing" files are present on the server -- they simply won't display! Bah!

And, if I use the View function on the server end target file, it displays using a local temp file pulled from the server end, not the local directory file. Not a frigging clue here.

Atsali 3.jpg
Atsali 4.jpg
Atsali4.jpg

EDIT - Found an answer -- some web processes are very picky and they want .JPG vs .jpg so doing a mass search/replace for all JPG GIF and PNGs in my files! Sheesh! Now there's a trivia question for your next IT conference bar bet!

Edit 2 - And, of course (curse the Internet gods), jpg and JPG are mutually exclusive. More editing needed. GAAAHHH!!!!

Edit 3 -- Finally, they all work, as best I can tell. Let out a squeak if anything doesn't please!

My Deviant Art scribbles
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Atomic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:13 pmBTW - anybody have a good copy of MedusaHug.jpg? Mine is borked.
What are THOSE??? Balloons? :shock:

That's funny... all I foresee for you is... lower back problems. - Dominic Deegan
Leak

Post by Leak »

Atomic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:13 pm BTW - anybody have a good copy of MedusaHug.jpg? Mine is borked.
*cough*