Too Bad 2019-04-05

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Too Bad 2019-04-05

Post by jwhouk »

"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Re: Too Bad 2019-04-05

Post by Dave »

Owww. :shock:

Why do I hear someone singing "Movin' On" in the distance?
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Wasn't Daylla just talking to Castel? :?: Then where did she go or who was Daylla talking to?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Daylla has been standing there with her brain locked up for a while...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Talk about being caught in an endless loop
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
eee

Post by eee »

Vengeance is a dish best served cold, but with great relish.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

eee wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:21 am Vengeance is a dish best served cold, but with great relish.
That's because it's a pain in the ass to heat it evenly in the microwave.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

I take it from her expression, that Daylla did not read the memo. This is what happens, when you do not read the memo.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

It's still possible D could make the trip, we shall see what develops...
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

TazManiac wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:42 pm It's still possible D could make the trip, we shall see what develops...
I figure that, now that she's had her fun, Castela will help her.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

I guess that that was covered in some of the other club e-mails that Daylla skipped over.

And now it looks as though we might not get to hear Daylla's reasons for getting back in touch with Castela. First she was interrupted by Castela getting pounced by Shawna, then by repeated mental meltdowns. We may never know!
jwhouk wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:30 pm Final dagger, delivered.
Ah, but is it truly the final one?
AnotherFairportfan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:56 am Daylla has been standing there with her brain locked up for a while...
So Daylla was indeed in a coma, it was just a retroactive one.
TazManiac wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:42 pm It's still possible D could make the trip, we shall see what develops...
With the portal system available, it would be hard for them to really keep her from showing up if she were so determined. Unless the Library chose to block her access for its own reasons. Then she might have to settle for mailing herself overseas as a crate of machinery parts or something.
Thor

Post by Thor »

Catawampus wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:58 pm With the portal system available, it would be hard for them to really keep her from showing up if she were so determined. Unless the Library chose to block her access for its own reasons. Then she might have to settle for mailing herself overseas as a crate of machinery parts or something.
Or Pickle could just ask her Aunt Monica. She'd owe her one, but I doubt that the Jaguar Girl would say no.

Between the Library and Monica, there is no reason that anyone couldn't go anywhere at any given time.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Or Jin, or Bud. I don’t know if Brandi is letting herself have personal attachments due to her fear of still not being entirely under her own control. I think Jin still has the teleport power, and Bud is still a complete Golem.

May and Tepoz can do it too, but I don’t know how close Castela is to those two.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

I wonder if Castela may be missing a safety issue here.

They're going to investigate a haunted castle. The one haunting they've investigated, at the school, was due to a malfunctioning World Grid anchor, and a serious bleed-through involving one or more alternate quantum realities (timelines).

If the Club finds another haunting in Europe... will it be due to the same basic sort of cause? Another weak spot in the quantum barrier between alternate worlds?

’cause, if it is, they're going to encounter it without the assistance of the one Club member who has "crossed over" and survived and returned.

That might not be the wisest course of action.

(and I wonder if we'll learn anything which plays on the speculation that there might be a relationship between the alternate quantum "many worlds" timelines, and the now-defunct Calendar Machine)