Now What 2012-12-14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
donoho

Re: Now What 2012-12-14

Post by donoho »

Fairportfan wrote:
Mark N wrote:Looks like she has not gotten into Suzi's little hobby. But now I see what Tsillah meant by "we will cover things up for you". I am betting that she knew Suzi was trying to prevent more vampires and is all for it.
Considering what Morgue Guy said and the way he said id, Suzi's been doing this for a while.

I'm surprised Lily doesn't already know, given that being cop partners is very often a closer relationship than being married.
Based on Suzie's actions this week, I'm seeing her as more passionate and misunderstood than the worse fuckingest partner ever. Though I am admittedly biased...
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Hello Pratt, meet TMB, Your future employers. As far as Suzy is involved, could You please look into this light... :P
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Jay-Em wrote:Hello Pratt, meet TMB, Your future employers. As far as Suzy is involved, could You please look into this light... :P
Actually, they already work for the MiB, remember?
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
as363

Post by as363 »

And now - the week-end discussion - brought to you by the letter "P" .
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

Fairportfan wrote:
Jay-Em wrote:Hello Pratt, meet TMB, Your future employers. As far as Suzy is involved, could You please look into this light... :P

Actually.. No, I don't remember. The flashback/no flashback got me completely confused, so, I gave up. :cry:
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Julie

Post by Julie »

Boxilar wrote:I'm just tickled that someone in universe has jumped all over them conclusions the way some of us fans do. :P
This. :)

And also, poor McBride...it has to suck being such a known "screw up" that even your partner immediately assumes the worst.
"Just open your eyes
And see that life is beautiful."
RunningBull

Post by RunningBull »

What if this is Jane Doe #2 ?
"You're not going crazy! You're going sane in a crazy world!"
- The Tick
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

Theodemus wrote:
Bathorys Daughter wrote:Or, for that matter, Jane rise and do everyone in. I have a sickly feeling one of the latter may occur.
That's exactly what I am half suspecting has happened. Look at yesterday's last panel. That somewhat ominous and creepy depiction of Jane's - apparently - lifeless corpse. That could be seen as the calm before the storm.

Then, today, next we have have this hard cut to a scene that suggests (at least to my eyes) that something may have gone horribly wrong.

I think there's a decent possibility that Jane has indeed risen - not necessarily as a Vampire. I'm eager to see where this will lead.
One thing I meant to mention yesterday was the fact that Jane's eyes seemed to be opening. If you compare Dec. 12th comic with Dec. 13th, it appears that Her eyes were closer to closed in the Dec. 12th one. Creepy.

Just an observation. Given the female-centric nature of the series, I'm kind of surprised Paul didn't make one of the agents a WIB. Or at least one of the gurney attendants a woman. Maybe both. It would just seem appropriate given the fact female characters started and run it and are the go-to beings when there are problems. But, then I'm probably biased. I wonder if the MIB agents can call in someone like Brandy if they need help? After all she would be just a poit away.
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Jay-Em wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:
Actually.. No, I don't remember. The flashback/no flashback got me completely confused, so, I gave up. :cry:
Right after Suzi ate the Bad Guy they got a Mysterious Transfer.

Tsillah (after cheerfully terrorising them for a bit, on the recommendation of their old boss) welcomed them to the MiB.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
bmonk

Post by bmonk »

Fairportfan wrote:
Dave wrote:My first thought in seeing this, was that Pratt is clearly looking for trouble. She's absolutely inviting it.

I mean... carrying what look like two full beverage cups (possibly hot) by holding them by the lids?!?

Not a good idea at all. You're just begging to have parboiled feet (or sugary-beverage-soaked socks, or bloodstained toes, depending on your beverage of choice) when the weight of the liquid pops the lids right off of the cups and they go kersploosh.

Not the best way to make a positive impression on a dapper Man In Black. Yeah, it looks rather cool and insouciant when you're carrying them along, but you can't get away with this forever, and it will end badly.

Just use the cardboard cup-insulators... they're provided for a good reason. :roll:
Heh. watch any institutional-setting-male-centric TV series (cop shows, NCSI, etc.) and see how many times you can tell by the way they handle them that the coffee cups are empty.

One of the tells is casually carrying them by the tops that way.
Maybe that's one of the secrets they teach in the police academy/agent training: Carrying coffee by the lids 101. Along with How to kill the bad guys without getting shot yourself 201.
LittleOne

Post by LittleOne »

If this is the "usual pickup," I would hate to see an unusual one!
kingklash

Post by kingklash »

Let's not jump to conclusions here, folks. they could be delivering Lilly's Christmas present.
Wdot

Post by Wdot »

Okay, first it's SOP for two people to pick up a body for the funeral home. MIB field agents wouldn't be the ones picking up the body, but they may be providing security to the guys picking up the body.

Second,the apartment building is probably full of supernaturals. Brandy and Bud are head of the MIB. I think Brandy could engineer that supernaturals would wind up in the same apartment building. They might not even know that their neighbors are supernaturals. Of course not all supernaturals would be in just one apartment building, there are probably several scattered throughout the city. Also, there are a bunch not accounted for that are living unsupervised and unobserved, which could lead to problems.

Third,I think McBride has been finding the identities of people for years without Monica's help. However, maybe she'll have trouble with this one and she'll have to brave seeing M to get the information to identify and name Jane Doe. Good thing her boss is working with M.

As cliff-hanger Fridays go, this one isn't agonizing, but we still have questions. I know I'm probably wrong, but part of the fun is guessing.
Make the wrong things difficult, and the right things easy. Notice the smallest change and the slightest try and reward him.
----Ray Hunt
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

But my doubt is standing behind me talking in a quiet, calm voice. 'But...what if something were to go wrong?'

He's a right bastard sometimes.
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Jabberwonky wrote:But my doubt is standing behind me talking in a quiet, calm voice. "?gnorw og ot erew gnihtemos fi tahw...tuB"

He's a right bastard sometimes.
FTFY.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Oh, my Doubt know that telling me "?gnorw og ot erew gnihtemos fi tahw...tuB" would lead to a five minute 'Who's on First?" like conversation that would leave us both exasperated...
:P
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Jay-Em wrote:
Fairportfan wrote:

Sure signs of Neuralizer overdose.......
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Hmmmm.....

What do you suppose that is stuck to the driver's side windshield of the Van in Black? :lol:

(Heh, heh) (clink, clink)
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

I think it's a flyer for "Fermented Banana", looks like they're playing a gig Friday night...

Edit: Flyer not fly...(This falls fly season has been the fuckingest worst I've ever encountered)
Bathorys Daughter

Post by Bathorys Daughter »

How do you pronounce Suse? Is it a variation of Suzie like "Soos-e" instead of "Sooz-e" or more like "Soos?"
A society should not be judged on how it treats its outstanding citizens but by how it treats its criminals... ~ Fyodor Dostoevsky.