Had This Talk 2019-02-20

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
GlytchMeister

Re: Had This Talk 2019-02-20

Post by GlytchMeister »

He’s also a hot new kid who has a non-standard backstory.

That shit spreads like wildfire.

I maintain that they probably know of him, but they likely don’t know much truth about him - 90% of what they have is rumor
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

GlytchMeister wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:08 am He’s also a hot new kid who has a non-standard backstory.

That shit spreads like wildfire.

I maintain that they probably know of him, but they likely don’t know much truth about him - 90% of what they have is rumor
And we all know for a fact rumors dont spread
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Post by Dave »

oldmanmickey wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:45 am And we all know for a fact rumors dont spread
Heh. Rumor is the only known way to spread (mis)information at speeds faster than light.

(At least, that's what I heard...)
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

TazManiac wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:32 pm You know....

Castela, being a Plant based person*, could symbiotically (perhaps) merge with someone else and gain/give nutrients and 'waste gasses'...

It's a thought puzzle to work on-
how might it work, what might be the point of no return, (in terms of reversal to a previous independence), other forms of energy input instead of Sunlight, and so on...

*(I know, I know- shes a plant/animal hybrid already, but that presupposes a lot of the underlying stuff is being taken care of, within herself, already.)
Toriyama-sama has already shown us how to accomplish this feat; the two individuals must equalize their power levels, then perform the Fusion Dance. Fusion ha!

Now, would the two be called "Shawstella", or, "Cawna"? Personally, I prefer the former, it just sounds better.

Edit: Someone needs to draw, "Shawstella"; please?
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

In one of DC's "Adventures" comics - which were original stories in the style of Batman: The Animated Series - the back feature featuring Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy {which came to a seriously creepy end in the final issue} had a sequence at Arkham Asylum where Harley and Ivy wound up in a sealed two-person room because Ivy's metabolism had shifted to the point that she needed CO2 instead of O2 and {in comic-book biology} Harley breathed out enough CO2 to keep Ivy going.

=================================

I loved the "Adventures" Batman books - they had seventy-odd years of Batman continuity to draw from, but weren't strait-jacketed by some of the dumber parts like the mainline DC titles were.

Harley once came within Ames-ace of crushing the helpless Joker's skull with a portable typewriter...

{...and it wasn't her decision to not do it...}

=================

And possibly my favourite Batman story EVER - although it's a Harley Quinn story {her origin, in fact} more than a Batman story - is a a graphic novel titled Mad Love - Harley's origin story, of which i many years ago said, in an Amazon review:
It is a curiously gentle and sad story, as well, considering the violence of many of its events and the madness giggling from its pages in every panel. Harley is rather a sad clown at base; the thing she wanted that caused her to kick over the traces and turn to crime -- Joker's love and approval -- is the one thing she will never have, no matter how desparately she tries to please him, because there's room for only one love object in Joker's life... the Batman, no matter how twisted that love's expression may be.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Another thought that came to mind; symbiosis wise, was that Atsali and 'bear-twin-gal) <-- Argh!, I can't recall her Name!, anyway, when them two had their Rocketship Ride and had to survive the free fall, they coated one over the other.

I had a visualization of a Shawna wrapped in squiggly vines, maybe in Advance/Defend situations.

(Dragonball-Z always gave me the willies...)

I hadn't gotten to the point yet though, but I ferget.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Nadette, bro. XD

Her sister is Berdine.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

And their last name is Starr.

(Which makes us believe that mom's name is Brenda, but that's never been confirmed AFAIK.)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

GlytchMeister wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:39 am Nadette, bro. XD

Her sister is Berdine.
Right thanks, I recall the twist on Bernadette & Nadine... (I was purposely avoiding actively looking them up to see if the mental block would clear on its own.)

Here's something:

Shawn is a Woodland Creature type, right? Like maybe a Dryad, right? Sounds pretty compatible w/ an Animal/Plant Hybrid 'whatsit'.
Dave

Post by Dave »

TazManiac wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:49 pm Shawn is a Woodland Creature type, right? Like maybe a Dryad, right? Sounds pretty compatible w/ an Animal/Plant Hybrid 'whatsit'.
She's a Pixie, and so she probably does have some woodland associations (we don't know much about Wapsiverse Pixies, save that Paul said he looked back into some of the older versions of ourworld mythology in choosing her character.)

The thought of a hybrid with a Shawna-type array of eight or more eyes (most being visible only when she's under stress), with those eyes all being of the Castela-type floral photoreceptor variety... ((shivers))... definitely far beyond my crude artistic skills to portray!