No Knowing 2019-02-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

No Knowing 2019-02-15

Post by Dave »

Did somebody suggest that these two are nerds?

They are nerds! Say it out! Say it proud!

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/no-knowing/
AnotherFairportfan

Re: No Knowing 2019-02-15

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Ten quatloos says the short one has blue hair and the tall one's a blonde.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Oh god, I seriously hope neither of these two are replacing Cass as the main character, I hate them both already. lol

I mean there's being a nerd, which I so am. And then there's being creepy which these two are really coming off as. Also kinda out of touch with reality.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

TheCollector wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:36 am Oh god, I seriously hope neither of these two are replacing Cass as the main character, I hate them both already. lol

I mean there's being a nerd, which I so am. And then there's being creepy which these two are really coming off as. Also kinda out of touch with reality.
I’ll be over here, enjoying my Schadenfreude.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

I shall be watching these two with great anticipation while contemplating second breakfast
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
eee

Post by eee »

Dave wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:48 am Did somebody suggest that these two are nerds?

They are nerds! Say it out! Say it proud!

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/no-knowing/
They're SUPER nerds! The highly concentrated version! Hopefully they'll ease off a bit in the future or they'll be hard to take...

I am assuming the tall blonde is Barbara and the other, Mindy. Let's see what the sight of Hiroshi's male pulchritude does to them.
Dave

Post by Dave »

eee wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:15 am They're SUPER nerds! The highly concentrated version! Hopefully they'll ease off a bit in the future or they'll be hard to take...
What was Otter's line, during the pledging scene? Something along the lines of "When I was a freshman, I was so obnoxious that the upper classmen would beat me up daily."

In the case of the Ghosthunting Club, I imagine that the beating up would be metaphorical, involving witty sarcasm and rolling eyes, rather than literal. Scarlet would surely prefer the use of trenchant literary references rather than truncheons.

Ridicule (responding to Lord of the Rings references by quoting from The Sword of Shannara) might get the point across... cruel but fair.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:58 am Ten quatloos says the short one has blue hair and the tall one's a blonde.
Here ya go:
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Yes, you must go and fetch a shrubbery! In fact, you must go forth, and bring us TWO shrubberies, with one being slightly taller than the next, to create that two level effect, and create a path! And once you have done that, you must go and chop down the mightiest tree, with, a herring! Ni! Ni! Ni! NI! Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni! Ni!
Dave

Post by Dave »

And, what's with the tall young lady's eyes? They've gone even more swirly than Tina's.

Is this just due to sheer amazement at Scarlet's awesomesauce nature, or is it a key to her nature as a Para, or is it just an arptical allusion?
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Dave wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:05 pm And, what's with the tall young lady's eyes? They've gone even more swirly than Tina's.

Is this just due to sheer amazement at Scarlet's awesomesauce nature, or is it a key to her nature as a Para, or is it just an arptical allusion?
Yeah, I was looking at her eyes also. I'm still wondering 'what they can do', but I'm ok if it doesn't get revealed right away.
Armorlord

Post by Armorlord »

High level nerds, armed with quotations, one has spec'd into the swirly glasses prestige class. Approach with caution and a distractionary icosahedron.

I'm ok with this. :ugeek:
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

TheCollector wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:36 am Oh god, I seriously hope neither of these two are replacing Cass as the main character, I hate them both already. lol

They are not creepy, they are Super Nerds!
eee

Post by eee »

jwhouk wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:29 am Here ya go:

<snip>
YAY!!

Mindy's hair is strange, regardless of color.
AnotherFairportfan

I wonder how many of us picked up the reference.

I often wonder how much f an outlier i am.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Perhaps the shorter of the two is a hobbit, then?

They may be falling back into this sort of thing as a nervous reaction to meeting new people and starting a new set of social interactions, falling back on familiar stuff.

Or they could just be trying too hard. Or just be seriously geeky.
AnotherFairportfan

jwhouk wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:29 am
AnotherFairportfan wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:58 am Ten quatloos says the short one has blue hair and the tall one's a blonde.
Here ya go:
For those who the reference to hair colours went whizzing by, meet Jolene (the shorter one) and Nina from Between Failures:
j and n.png
j and n.png (202.79 KiB) Viewed 10645 times