Moment 2019-02-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Drakkenmensch

Moment 2019-02-07

Post by Drakkenmensch »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/moment/

You keep dreaming about the day, and then it happens for real and it's even more wonderful than you'd hoped it would be!
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Moment 2019-02-07

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Oh, look!

It's Little Orphan Pickle!
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

They did it (for a flexible definition of "it") :ugeek:

EDIT: It appears the action in the last panel was initiated by Shawna, judging from Castel's reaction. Go Shawna, get through that neutronium skull.
Last edited by Opus the Poet on Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

We're having a heat wave,
A para girl heat wave,
The temperature's rising,
It isn't surprising,
She certainly can can-can.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Thor

Post by Thor »

Jeez, Pickle. When someone is kissing you, the polite thing to do is close your stamen-holes and enjoy it.
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

-dies-
please let this go well, please let this go well, please let this go well

I really hope Cas' eyes going big there isn't a bad sign, like her about to freak out or something, I want this to go well so so much <3
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

TheCollector wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:10 am -dies-

I really hope Cas' eyes going big there isn't a bad sign, like her about to freak out or something, I want this to go well so so much <3
I think all her hesitations so far have been her doubting that Shawna would ever be interested in her. This kiss should melt away those doubts!
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Drakkenmensch wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:17 am

I think all her hesitations so far have been her doubting that Shawna would ever be interested in her. This kiss should melt away those doubts!
And possibly her tonsils as well.

--FreeFlier
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

This magic moment...
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

jeffepp wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:33 am This magic moment...
Do you want to get banned from the pool? Because that's how you get banned from the pool!

(Well, maybe not... Nobody was pretending to drown so they could put the moves on the lifeguard.)
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

… One...Zero... LIFT OFF! WE HAVE A LIFT OFF!! Cardio/respiratory rates are approaching critical, phenome count is approaching redline. Blush-factor now off the charts. Readership reaction is … stunned... another artfully placed sucker-punch by our favorite author!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Sorry, Sarge, but that was about as unpredictable as the general direction of sunrise.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

Alkarii wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:15 am
Do you want to get banned from the pool? Because that's how you get banned from the pool!

(Well, maybe not... Nobody was pretending to drown so they could put the moves on the lifeguard.)
...OK, then. I think?
Thor

Post by Thor »

Okay, so if Pickle is 15, and Shawna is Hiroshi's age and therefore IIRC two years ahead of Pickle's Posse, that makes her 17.

And we found out from Atsali and Nadette drinking the spiked eggnog that in the Para world, you are an adult at age 17, so does this mean that Shawna is going to be sent to para-prison for inappropriate physical contact with a minor?

And more importantly, who creates Para laws anyway? And how can they possibly enforce them? And how ridiculously overbuilt would a para-prison have to be?
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Warrl wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:50 am Sorry, Sarge, but that was about as unpredictable as the general direction of sunrise.
Yes, but it made several people’s heads explode with Squee.

Besides, I can’t be the only one who expected another few months of faffing about.
Last edited by GlytchMeister on Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Thor wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:02 am Okay, so if Pickle is 15, and Shawna is Hiroshi's age and therefore IIRC two years ahead of Pickle's Posse, that makes her 17.

And we found out from Atsali and Nadette drinking the spiked eggnog that in the Para world, you are an adult at age 17, so does this mean that Shawna is going to be sent to para-prison for inappropriate physical contact with a minor?

And more importantly, who creates Para laws anyway? And how can they possibly enforce them? And how ridiculously overbuilt would a para-prison have to be?
Drinking age, not legal adult.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The over-Tsundere line says this won't go well. Just sayin'...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

jeffepp wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:05 am
Alkarii wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:15 am

...OK, then. I think?
In the early 90s, there was a movie called The Sandlot. One of the main characters had a crush on the lifeguard at the local pool, and pretended to drown so he could put the moves on her.

The moment he kissed her, that song you quoted played.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Looks like the next chapter in the life of Castela Enora Gilchrist is about to start. Although, being the more impetuous of the two, I would have thought that Cass would have been the one to initiate the kiss, with Shawna being the one with the look of surprise; guess I would have lost that bet. The next strip should be something like this;
- the first panel we see Katherine preparing dinner, and Cass announces, off panel, that she is home
- second panel we see Katherine turning around, and asking Cass how her day was, and is stops, mid-sentence
- third panel, Katherine's face shows a look of surprise/mild curiosity
- fourth panel we finally see Castella, with an embarrassed face, and sheepish grin, holding hands with Shawna, saying, "weeeeeelllllllll..."
It will also be fun to see how Atsali reacts to this; knowing her, she will not notice it until someone points it out to her. And none of you fret for Hiroshi; I am sure that Paul will find him a nice Para to hook him up with. ;)
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

GlytchMeister wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:23 am
Warrl wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:50 am Sorry, Sarge, but that was about as unpredictable as the general direction of sunrise.
Yes, but it made several people’s heads explode with Squee.

Besides, I can’t be the only one who expected another few months of faffing about.
I was expecting both of them to go "She can't possibly want me, she's not even into girls because she was trying to date Hiroshi!" for a while until their friends finally set them straight (so to speak)