Something's Missing

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Atomic

Re: Something's Missing

Post by Atomic »

According to Bloomburg, the Chinese government is using tiny, hidden shards of the Nui Gui crystal to subvert exported routers and other cards by haunting the systems connected to them.

Time to call an exorcist!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Hmm.. Nimrod - here are a few questions.

1) Could you get your IP for me, at least, get your ip at the point where you're getting white pages? You can get it by a search on google (whatsmyip returns an address), or whatsmyip.com, or any number of other ways.

2) What antivirus or antimalware program do you have? A bunch of those use 'predictive' scanning, where they hit every link on every page you load, to check to see if one might lead to a virus. (I consider this to be illegal behaviour, as it's deliberately and maliciously increasing the load on any server you hit, much like a DOS)

3) If you load chrome in incognito mode, or firefox in safe mode, do you get the same results?
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

Bookworm -
I will try those in the morning and see what it turns up.
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

Well -
Bookworm did the trick and now I am able to review backward and forward without any hitches. Also, the archive works so I can jump back to when I stopped reading an read through. It will be about 4 years worth. Thanks.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Let me know if it happens again, with the IP address. That way I can check the ban sheet again.
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.