Is It Safe 2018-09-26

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Cheesy1

Is It Safe 2018-09-26

Post by Cheesy1 »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/is-it-safe/

Oh, Pickle is loving being the purveyor of Daylla's karma! :lol:
jeffepp

Re: Is It Safe 2018-09-26

Post by jeffepp »

Too late for that. The putting of moves has already begun.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Yes, This IS quite a Pickle, ain't it?
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Looks like it's payback time... Daylla better watch herself! I think Castela has a lot of IOUs to cash in... :shock:
eee

Post by eee »

Revenge is a dish best served cold. And with a side order of sass, apparently.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Better contact the caterers, there is gonna be a major run on crow soon.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

oldmanmickey wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:27 am Better contact the caterers, there is gonna be a major run on crow soon.
:shock:
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

How does crow taste, anyway?
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Alkarii wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:22 am How does crow taste, anyway?
According to my Uncle, nasty and extremely greasy.

My mother grew up in a West Virginia farming family, and my grandfather survived four years of WW-II in demolitions (blowing up machine nests). Anyway - all the kids were raised with guns, and "you shoot it, you eat it'. My uncle decided to shoot a crow. My grandfather caught him doing it, and forced all three kids to watch, as my uncle had to clean it, cook it, and eat it.

There's a reason why 'eating crow' is considered horrible. Scavengers tend to ALL taste bad, and in the case of some of them, they can be toxic.
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.
Dave

Post by Dave »

So.. no pate de foie vautour, I guess? :cry:
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

A coworker reports bobcat to be extremely tough and foul tasting. Says it was still tough even after six hours in the crockpot.

--FreeFlier
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Bookworm wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:26 am

My mother grew up in a West Virginia farming family, and my grandfather survived four years of WW-II in demolitions (blowing up machine nests). Anyway - all the kids were raised with guns, and "you shoot it, you eat it'. My uncle decided to shoot a crow. My grandfather caught him doing it, and forced all three kids to watch, as my uncle had to clean it, cook it, and eat it.

There's a reason why 'eating crow' is considered horrible. Scavengers tend to ALL taste bad, and in the case of some of them, they can be toxic.
Finally something that don't taste "just like chicken"!
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

oldmanmickey wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:33 pm
Bookworm wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:26 am

Finally something that don't taste "just like chicken"!
Depends if you run into a pack of angry, foul-beaked chickens who carry switchblades.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Well, he should have tried a proper barbecue with the bobcat, where you cook it at a "low" temperature for 20 hours, to the point that it falls apart.

Not that I've ever been inclined to eat bobcat, however. I don't want to hurt a kitty if I don't have to.
Dave

Post by Dave »

I wonder if the classic recipe for loon soup would apply? Clean one loon, place in a kettle with three boiling stones, cover with water, add salt, bay leaves, and peppercorns. Heat to boiling, simmer over low flame for 12 hours. Discard bay leaves. Remove and discard loon. Eat the rocks.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Cougar/mountain lion/whatever-you-call-it is well spoken of...

{For that matter, it seems to me that i've read that lion is tasty. There was a butcher shop in Buckhead that sold lion - as well as other exotic meats - back in like the 70s/80...}
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Alkarii wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:45 pm Well, he should have tried a proper barbecue with the bobcat, where you cook it at a "low" temperature for 20 hours, to the point that it falls apart. . . .
I think he's going to try some added fat and 12 hours in the crockpot next.
Alkarii wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:45 pm . . . Not that I've ever been inclined to eat bobcat, however. I don't want to hurt a kitty if I don't have to.
As I understand it, the bobcat was trying to get to his stock . . . again.

So since he shot it . . .

He said the 250 pound (110kg) black bear he shot in his backyard last year was pretty good eating, though he wished he'd shot the big bear instead.

--FreeFlier
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Kind of reminds me of the recipe for dorkfish. I don't remember it entirely, but I know it involved nailing it to a piece of wood, and marinating it in Worcestershire sauce before cooking, and when you were done, you'd throw away the fish and eat the wood.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Alkarii wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:00 am Kind of reminds me of the recipe for dorkfish. I don't remember it entirely, but I know it involved nailing it to a piece of wood, and marinating it in Worcestershire sauce before cooking, and when you were done, you'd throw away the fish and eat the wood.
You catch dorkfish with corn dogs.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.