Just Remember 2018-07-26

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
ChattaStarhawk

Just Remember 2018-07-26

Post by ChattaStarhawk »

jwhouk

Re: Just Remember 2018-07-26

Post by jwhouk »

Cue TazManiac drooling...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

From that last panel, one can infer that those are flotation devices.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

Tina? More like Ten-a!
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

jeffepp wrote:Tina? More like Ten-a!
Not seeing a problem.
I dont think the girls are gonna be happy when they pop back and instead of lunch do a 25 foot high dive
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
eee

Post by eee »

Whoa, Tina's gotten in better shape since the time she had trouble fitting into her pants. She's in her 40's, isn't she? It would appear that a bunch of demons fusing into a single entity while inhabiting the body of a dead woman brought back to life, makes for a very vigorous combination.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

oldmanmickey wrote:
jeffepp wrote:Tina? More like Ten-a!
Not seeing a problem.
I dont think the girls are gonna be happy when they pop back and instead of lunch do a 25 foot high dive
Nope . . .

. . . though I wonder if we're not being led astray . . .

--FreeFlier
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

eee wrote:Whoa, Tina's gotten in better shape since the time she had trouble fitting into her pants. She's in her 40's, isn't she? It would appear that a bunch of demons fusing into a single entity while inhabiting the body of a dead woman brought back to life, makes for a very vigorous combination.
The timeline would suggest she's closer to Kath's (relative) age than Monica, so she might just be pushing 50.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

What was that Bud? Hilarious foreshadowing, as someone steps through the portal, expecting to be stepping on a dry beach? I am starting the pool! My money is on Monica, herself!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:
eee wrote:Whoa, Tina's gotten in better shape since the time she had trouble fitting into her pants. She's in her 40's, isn't she? It would appear that a bunch of demons fusing into a single entity while inhabiting the body of a dead woman brought back to life, makes for a very vigorous combination.
The timeline would suggest she's closer to Kath's (relative) age than Monica, so she might just be pushing 50.
Tina was already working as a psychologist when she was killed in Monica's fourteen-year-old freakout.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
jwhouk wrote:The timeline would suggest she's closer to Kath's (relative) age than Monica, so she might just be pushing 50.
Tina was already working as a psychologist when she was killed in Monica's fourteen-year-old freakout.
That would be my point. Monica (at least in the original timeline) was born sometime around 1982, which would mean freakout/bus crash happened sometime around 1996. Take it that someone who was a psych would probably have to be around 28-30 at a time like that, and you're talking someone who's about 50-52.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

jwhouk wrote:Cue TazManiac drooling...

He's not alone...
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

It's easy to be in great shape when you can just reboot yourself healthy!
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Drakkenmensch wrote:
It's easy to be in great shape when you can just reboot yourself healthy!
That's more Monica's prerogative...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Drool, yes. But i slurped it all up again before it got to be too much of a mess.

I was thinking also that Tina was much more healthier than she had been at one point.

One could also say the same thing about the evolution of Katherine too; she was pretty puny and shrunken, one might say, when first introduced.

I'm think she just wasn't up to feeling good enough to actually take good care of herself, only later to have her life blossom back out into something where she's taking care of more than just herself- and having interpersonal relationships of an adult nature, too boot.

In Tina's case, we've seen her dealing with being more than a coffee slinging barista w/ a wicked sense of insight as to your drink-of-choice. 'Seeing' in a way more like the rest of us do, if only for a bit, and dealing with Sleep & Dreams... And again, in her own way taking care of more than just herself, I'm thinking she's got both a more active life and an appetite to match.

In my head I have her and Stan finding a great deal of exercise while hiking & picnicking through the woods; often with an intense game of 'Tag' in there somewhere.

(Stan hates jogging and detests most walking when he can ride a bike instead, but there is a certain something to cross-country over broken terrain, and in pursuit of a that (in)famous badunkadunk of Tina's that makes it a horse of a different color, indeed.)
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

TazManiac wrote: a horse of a different color, indeed.
Leave my wife out of this.

:) :) :)
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Dear Sir, I've always had the most success with one at a time, and frankly- there are just too many.

Blessed be, the wide expanse that is Geography, our mutual Saviour...
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Just Old Al wrote:

You married a horse...? Is that even legal?
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Alkarii wrote:
Just Old Al wrote:

Read the fanfic....loooooong story. Ping me offline for the Cliff Notes version.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Alkarii wrote:
Just Old Al wrote:

Just Old Al wrote:Read the fanfic....loooooong story. Ping me offline for the Cliff Notes version.
I have to admit, I was puzzled too, at first. Until you mentioned the fanfics, that is. Then it hit me (but probably not as hard as those blueprints rolls would...)

Boy, do I feel sheepish, now... :oops:
I've read all the fanfics you guys put out so far. I should have caught on. :roll:

*Goes and hides in a corner, in shame...*