Classified Accidents 2018-07-23

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Sgt. Howard

Classified Accidents 2018-07-23

Post by Sgt. Howard »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/classified-accidents/

… been a while since I opened a topic here. 4 explosions? one involving anti-matter? My kind of woman!!!

Yes it's been a while- had to unscrew up my screw ups here.
Last edited by Sgt. Howard on Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Re: Classified Accidents 2018-07-23

Post by jwhouk »

Sgt. Howard wrote:http://wapsisquare.com/comic/classified-accidents/

… been a while since I opened a topic here. 4 explosions? one involving anti-matter? My kind of woman!!!
Don't forget to tag on 2018-07-23 there, too, Sarge.

Four explosions. Let's see, that'd be the two helicopters and the two explosions at Mapimi, right?
Last edited by jwhouk on Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Warrl

Re: Classified Accidents

Post by Warrl »

Four explosions, and her little sister does that just to release some tension.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

You might want to delete the duplicate thread and just edit the name on this one Sarge.

And yes, the two choppers at Mesa Verde and the fallout generating explosions at Mapimi. It's possible both the Mapimi explosions were antimatter. :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Maybe I missed it, but glad to see Atsali grew her hair long again. LIKE.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:You might want to delete the duplicate thread and just edit the name on this one Sarge.

And yes, the two choppers at Mesa Verde and the fallout generating explosions at Mapimi. It's possible both the Mapimi explosions were antimatter. :ugeek:
One was the power plant blowing up, i think...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Technically it's five, because she was also responsible for the mine explosion too.
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Is Atsali being her old clueless-about-people's-reactions self ... or is she winding Skylar up?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Hopefully it won't be a few weeks before these two appear again.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

And as I recall Bud's accident involved a couple of tons of unstable WWII explosives in the presence of a magical artifact. :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Opus the Poet wrote:And as I recall Bud's accident involved a couple of tons of unstable WWII explosives in the presence of a magical artifact. :ugeek:
Yup.

She sbowed up at the apartment looking like Wile E. Coyote after another Acme Event, apparently naked except for a section of pipe with a valve handle...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:She sbowed up at the apartment looking like Wile E. Coyote after another Acme Event, apparently naked except for a section of pipe with a valve handle...
Actually, I think that was the hatch door that wrapped itself around her like a burrito.
AnotherFairportfan

jwhouk wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:She sbowed up at the apartment looking like Wile E. Coyote after another Acme Event, apparently naked except for a section of pipe with a valve handle...
Actually, I think that was the hatch door that wrapped itself around her like a burrito.
Yeah. I thought of that after I posteed
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
jwhouk wrote: Actually, I think that was the hatch door that wrapped itself around her like a burrito.
Yeah. I thought of that after I posteed
And here you are.
AnotherFairportfan

Ya know - the phrase "mad, bad and dangerous to know" is bubbling up in my mind...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

But Atsali doesn't have a bad bone in her body!

(Tail taps me on the shoulder)
(turn to look)

SMACK!

...Y'know what, I rescind that comment.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

jwhouk wrote:Technically it's five, because she was also responsible for the mine explosion too.
Six, if you count ones that she's partly responsible for if not necessarily actually being present for the boom (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6), plus at least one major structural collapse, one missile launch big enough to alarm NORAD, and beating a couple of people senseless. . .even if the amount of sense some of those people had to begin with is questionable.

Not a bad score for a typical mild-mannered college gal sirenccubus.
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:Technically it's five, because she was also responsible for the mine explosion too.
Only half responsible at most for that one. Atsali handed the lantern to Katherine. Kath was the one who dropped it, starting the fire and setting off the well-aged, vintage dynamite.

Kath exclaimed that the lantern was hot... even the handle, which Atsali had just been holding without problems. So, maybe Sirens are unusually heat-resistant?

Anyhow, Atsali was definitely involved in the mine explosion, but I don't think it's correct to say that she alone was the one who caused it... she gets an "assist" resting from this evaluator. She can paint half an Earth-shattering KABOOM on the side of her helicopter for that one.