Just Forget 2018-06-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Just Forget 2018-06-25

Post by jwhouk »

WTG, Hiroshi.

Get both girls who like you mad at you in one fell swoop.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Opus the Poet

Re: Just Forget 2018-06-25

Post by Opus the Poet »

You think maybe there was a good reason Hiroshi was changed into a butterfly?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:You think maybe there was a good reason Hiroshi was changed into a butterfly?
It was the closest approximation of his thought processes the girl could think of?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Opus the Poet wrote:You think maybe there was a good reason Hiroshi was changed into a butterfly?
I'm thinking he was lucky. The Fae girl didn't decide to use him as a test subject in an experiment to disprove the theory that cockroaches would survive a nuclear holocaust.
AnotherFairportfan wrote:It was the closest approximation of his thought processes the girl could think of?
Well, to be fair, we don't know for certain that he was quite that scatterbrained before she transformed him.

He could just be suffering from PLSD (post-Lepidoptera shock disorder).

(Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a good photo of this butterfly when it had its wings open. It's a Blue Morpho... the wing backs are the most amazing electric-blue color you can imagine.)
Last edited by Dave on Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Pickle is gonna do it again. Help her friend right out of a boyfriend.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Akeche

Post by Akeche »

Man, when Atsali was scatterbrained and absentminded it seemed all okay. But the comments under the comment are just slinging hate at poor Hiroshi.
AnotherFairportfan

Akeche wrote:Man, when Atsali was scatterbrained and absentminded it seemed all okay. But the comments under the comment are just slinging hate at poor Hiroshi.
The difference is that Nadette understood, and was able to deal with it.

Shawna, no matter how annoying i find her, is fragile.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Part of being driven by raging uncertainties is that you're not sure what the problem is, and you don't know how to describe it. Shawna and Hiroshi both have this to deal with, and they compound when dealing with each other. Castela, on the other hand, keeps tripping over her own certainty! Knowing how to do something doesn't mean you know how to do it well.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
AnotherFairportfan

Atomic wrote:Knowing how to do something doesn't mean you know how to do it well.
Knowing what needs to be done doesn't mean you can do it at all.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Akeche wrote:Man, when Atsali was scatterbrained and absentminded it seemed all okay. But the comments under the comment are just slinging hate at poor Hiroshi.

To be fair, it took a while for Nadette to get it. Atsali did send her home crying at least once (after the Mapimi episode), and perhaps even more than once, though I am not sure of that one.
AnotherFairportfan

lake_wrangler wrote:

To be fair, it took a while for Nadette to get it. Atsali did send her home crying at least once (after the Mapimi episode), and perhaps even more than once, though I am not sure of that one.
Mapimi weirded them both out.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

lake_wrangler wrote:To be fair, it took a while for Nadette to get it. Atsali did send her home crying at least once (after the Mapimi episode), and perhaps even more than once, though I am not sure of that one.
Mapimi weirded them both out.
True, but what hurt Nadette most was Atsali's assertion to Grandma Lily that Nadette was "just a friend", after all the overtures Nadette had shown towards Atsali. It was enough for Castela to smell Nadette's depression, via the smell transferred to Atsali by virtue of the "cat suit" incident...

If I recall, it was not long after that, that Nadette was much more overt in trying to get Atsali's attention...