We Have An Answer.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

jwhouk

We Have An Answer.

Post by jwhouk »

We have an answer, Sarge and Al:

It appears that Katherine likes flintlock sawed-off shotguns.

"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
GlytchMeister

Re: We Have An Answer.

Post by GlytchMeister »

Pump-action, not flintlock, unless I’m terribly mistaken. That’s a bootleg grip, no stock, sawed off, pump action.

Flintlocks went out of fashion at least a couple hundred years ago.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Whoops didn’t see the pump action.

Does this make her Katherine Connor?
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

GlytchMeister wrote:Pump-action, not flintlock, unless I’m terribly mistaken. That’s a bootleg grip, no stock, sawed off, pump action.

Flintlocks went out of fashion at least a couple hundred years ago.
Jin found one to be fashionable enough.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Still - this one is begging for a fanfic scene to be written around it...
Dave

Post by Dave »

I do believe I see her holding her finger beside the trigger and guard, rather than inside the guard and touching the trigger.

That's a nice touch on Paul's part - showing that Kath understands this aspect of gun safety.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Recoil might be tricky in those high heels...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Recoil might be tricky in those high heels...
Ask Annie if that's ever stopped her.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Judging by proportions, that one is over 26 inches overall, and over an 18 inch barrel . . . (though probably not much over) and thus legally not a short-barrelled (aka sawed-off) shotgun. (Under US law, of course.)

--FreeFlier
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

She's carrying it legally, of course. Perk of being on the MiB payroll. (Even if the entire paycheck is getting eaten up by a plantasaurus.)
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

jwhouk wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:Recoil might be tricky in those high heels...
Ask Annie if that's ever stopped her.

The only heels she's ever worn were on cowboy boots or goat ropers.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

FreeFlier wrote:Judging by proportions, that one is over 26 inches overall, and over an 18 inch barrel . . . (though probably not much over) and thus legally not a short-barrelled (aka sawed-off) shotgun. (Under US law, of course.)

--FreeFlier
Ah, ok. Well then it’s just a bootleg.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

FreeFlier wrote:Judging by proportions, that one is over 26 inches overall, and over an 18 inch barrel . . . (though probably not much over) and thus legally not a short-barrelled (aka sawed-off) shotgun. (Under US law, of course.)

--FreeFlier
I like the legal idea that limits shotguns to 18" minimum, but you can buy snake shot for most any caliber, and there's a bunch of .410 gauge pistols out there!

Right hand -- left hand...
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Atomic wrote:
I like the legal idea that limits shotguns to 18" minimum, but you can buy snake shot for most any caliber, and there's a bunch of .410 gauge pistols out there!

Right hand -- left hand...
Technically those are .45 (Long) Colt, and they have rifled barrels, which spread the shot into a doughnut.

--FreeFlier.
Dave

Post by Dave »

FreeFlier wrote:Technically those are .45 (Long) Colt, and they have rifled barrels, which spread the shot into a doughnut.
Doughnut? Wouldn't that put those into the same "cop killer" category as bullets with hardened tips and Teflon coating?
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Dave wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:Technically those are .45 (Long) Colt, and they have rifled barrels, which spread the shot into a doughnut.
Doughnut? Wouldn't that put those into the same "cop killer" category as bullets with hardened tips and Teflon coating?
Ah yes, the <insert inflammatory adjective here> weapons! That's why we have assault rifles, assault pistols, assault shakers, assault knives, assault bullets, assault <fill in the blank>.

The overwhelming problem with a political designation is the designation is boundless because it serves political ends. It's an evil schmoo. Don't buy it.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Post by Dave »

Atomic wrote:It's an evil schmoo. Don't buy it.
That's what they've been saying about doughnuts for years... they're just starch, sugar, and fat. I know they're traditional law-enforcement fuel, but they're nutritionally awful.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Atomic wrote:
Dave wrote:
Ah yes, the <insert inflammatory adjective here> weapons! That's why we have assault rifles, assault pistols, assault shakers, assault knives, assault bullets, assault <fill in the blank>.

The overwhelming problem with a political designation is the designation is boundless because it serves political ends. It's an evil schmoo. Don't buy it.

Assault rifles have been around since 1941- we made the first, the M-2 Carbine.
Assault rifles have 4 qualities that identify them; 1) a caliber less than a standard rifle (in power) but more than a standard pistol, 2) can field strip with minimal or no tools, 3) loads from a detachable box magazine and 4) 3 selectable fire, ie 'safe', 'semi'& 'ROCK & ROLL!'- such weapons are a class III and already very heavily regulated.

Not ONE of the weapons demonized by the press or the left is an assault rifle.

I started my apprentiship as a gunsmith at age 11- that was 1965. I have since worked on flintlock to full auto and everything in between. My library on firearms outweighs your refrigerator. I also qualified 97% effective at 1klick at Ft. Benning Georgia, courtesy of your tax dollars in 1977- I have the missing molars to prove it.

In short, unlike the those who print the headlines and are quoted in the headlines, I actually know something about guns.
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Some years ago, several of Washington state's encumbrances-in-office wrote a bill that would have allowed the (Washington) secretary of state to declare any firearm a banned assault weapon.

It had to fire a cartridge having a case less than two and one quarter inches in length and having one or more of the following characteristics: having a magazine firing more than ten rounds; the ability to accept such a magazine; a pistol grip*; a muzzle break (sic); a threaded muzzle; a bayonet lug or other means of accepting a bayonet; . . . there were a bunch of other things, then finished up with "And otherwise similar except for deletion of the banned feature or difference in chambering."

(*term not further defined)

This made an 1873 "Trapdoor" Springfield single-shot rifle an assault weapon.

The legiscritters refused to change it even after the problems were pointed out . . . That made it real obvious what their goals were.

This was the same session where they tried to outlaw possession or sale any form of military surplus and any form of camouflage clothing, and of "any materials which could be used to cause an explosion".

--FreeFlier
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

...which would have put gas stations out of business.

OP NOTE: I didn't say anything about the gun Kath was holding except that we now know she prefers pump-action stock rifles.