Shoulder Update 2018-06-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Warrl

Re: Shoulder Update 2018-06-07

Post by Warrl »

I had the privilege of frequently walking behind a dedicated teenage dancer - seldom less than 3 hours of dancing a day, from about age 12 to age 17, somewhat less for 8 years prior to that. (I got this privilege by being her father.)

That level of physical activity develops serious leg muscles and glutes. In fact there were a few items of clothing she had to buy in sizes intended for fat people - while weighing 90 pounds soaking wet - because her thighs were so thickly muscled.

And you know, that experience does NOTHING to improve my appreciation of the common obsession with being toothpick-thin...
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

There are unrealistic body images for men, too, don't forget....

And speaking of dancer legs:

Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Is that leg bending backward at the knee?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Storel

Post by Storel »

It certainly appears to be. Ouch! :shock:
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

There are positions, particularly in ballet, that are really not intended for viewing at close range in a still shot.