Oh, Momma, am I here all alone?

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Typeminer

Oh, Momma, am I here all alone?

Post by Typeminer »

*Cricket . . . Cricket . . . Cricket . . .*

No posts in over 4 days. No place to lurk, even.

My gods. What excuse have I got for not working now? :o
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
jwhouk

Re: Oh, Momma, am I here all alone?

Post by jwhouk »

No, it's just the hiatus has us all finding other things to do.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

... stuck without a wapsi with the lonesome blues again..
Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Wed May 23, 2018 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Post by Dave »

And I be wondering,
as I be wandering,
whether the change of the Wapsiverse
from mostly-digital to purely-digital
means that we're going to have even more trouble with the razzle-frazzéd portals in the clubroom?!?

At the very least I think I need to dig out my sweep generator, and make sure they haven't drifted out of alignment. Without an occasional physical drawing to act as a pilot signal, I have a horrible feeling they may lose lock and start to dump incoming readers off in the hinterlands of Li'l Abner or Gasoline Alley.

I suppose we could always use Paul's pin-up art to provide the pilot signal, as he says he'll still be drawing it with pen and marker. I'm not sure that would be a good idea, though... doing so might automatically upsize the boobs of every Wapsi fan to visit the clubroom.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I would have started a movies thread, but I don't think very many would have liked the only new movie I'd seen recently. Though, there's another movie I intend to see, which will have to wait until Monday or Tuesday, so maybe then?
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
AnotherFairportfan

Alkarii wrote:I would have started a movies thread, but I don't think very many would have liked the only new movie I'd seen recently. Though, there's another movie I intend to see, which will have to wait until Monday or Tuesday, so maybe then?
What film did you see?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

And I need to busy myself with packing (moving on June 16), and on learning 8 or 10 songs for a choir which needed a bass singer for one concert coming soon...
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I saw Deadpool 2. It was better than the first. I'd also just learned of a film called Upgrade that hits the theaters tomorrow, but I work this weekend, so I have to wait until Tuesday or so to go see it. From what I gather from the trailers, some guy's wife is murdered in front of him, and he's left severely crippled. Then someone comes along with a special chip that goes into his brain stem, and he 's able to move again, and goes after the bad guys.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
AnotherFairportfan

Personally, i found Deadpool mildly amusing {a bit too much pandering to the "R" rating fans}; i anticipate being less impressed with 2.

OTOH, i have MoviePass, so i'm not losing any money, even if i absolutely hate it.

I'm more likely to see Solo before i see Deadpool 2, though.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

When I hear Deadpool 2 is better than the original, I have to pause a bit to wonder who is making the statement. I'm still going to go see it, and would have, but the grow'd-kid who's my wingman for these types of flicks gave me a rain-check.

Some folks don't care for the Deadpool film(s) they are after all, so sooo far tongue-in-cheek that it transcends the stuff I usually don't like in crass humor. (Like I can't stand 'Dumb & Dumber', stuff like that. Hate it. Or as another example- most of John Candy's work, dislike it.) And it's not the out and out violence in DP I'm drawn too, but there is a certain quality of effort, even in the ugliness it portrays, that I can find 'done decent', to quote vernacular.

As far as films are coming down the pike, it's going to be the traditional Summer Blockbuster season we're entering into; only thats no longer confined to post-Memorial Day, is it? I saw the latest 'Infinity Wars Pt1', and I see trailers for the 'Towering Inferno 2018', er 'Skyscraper' w/ D. Johnson in it, more power to him, and a film out now called 'Breaking In' about a Momma Bear defending against home invasion & kidnap, that looked mildly interesting- if just to see what's being bent and twisted with the memes...

'Solo' though... I should be more excited for it, but I don't seem to be...

edit'd fer clarification and capitalization as needed...
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

PS- In response to the hiatus... viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3551
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

*sees the thread title*

Mama mia, Mama mia
In the forum here alone
We all must wait
For another update to Wapsi
Wapsi
Wapsiiiiiiiiiiiii
*headbanging guitar*
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
AnotherFairportfan

TazManiac wrote: I see trailers for the 'Towering Inferno 2018', er 'Skyscraper' w/ D. Johnson in it...
That was my immediate thought first time i saw the trailer.

Then there's The Meg. A preview of upcoming summer movies on RottenTomatoes said:
It’s got Jason Statham.

It’s got a giant shark.

Its tagline is “Pleased to eat you.”

You know exactly what you’re getting into here.
And, if MoviePass doesn't die under me, ill almost certainly watch it.
ShneekeyTheLost

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

I'm done with the entire movie entertainment industry. The sheer number of facepalms has reached a point where it can no longer be stored in a LONGINT variable.