It Is You 2018-03-25

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

It Is You 2018-03-25

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Re: It Is You 2018-03-25

Post by jwhouk »

"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Oookaaayyyy.
Indeed.

This almost sounds as if Daylla has slipped into a dark-mirror parallel universe of some sort... the ghost is alive, she's a ghost herself, she has a boyfriend she doesn't recognize at all, and events are not as she remembers. Or, perhaps, she's caught up in a "stone tape" replay of events which took place years (or generations) ago, involving other people entirely?

In any case, Paul seems to have kept exercising his bootlegger-turn driving muscles while he was resting his sore shoulder!
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

W. T. H.
Gaaaah!!"
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

TILT
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

O_o
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Dave wrote:In any case, Paul seems to have kept exercising his bootlegger-turn driving muscles while he was resting his sore shoulder!
The trail of transmission gears in that hallway are immense at the present time...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

TazManiac wrote:W. T. H.
Gaaaah!!"
ITYM "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Interrogative"
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

And I find myself more upset at Daylla not being gay after all then I am that she might possibly die at some point soon if this is some kind of vision of the future.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

Tag! Now you're the ghost!
donoho

Post by donoho »

Whachu talkin bout Dustin?!?
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Dave wrote: This almost sounds as if Daylla has slipped into a dark-mirror parallel universe of some sort... the ghost is alive, she's a ghost herself, she has a boyfriend she doesn't recognize at all, and events are not as she remembers. Or, perhaps, she's caught up in a "stone tape" replay of events which took place years (or generations) ago, involving other people entirely?

In any case, Paul seems to have kept exercising his bootlegger-turn driving muscles while he was resting his sore shoulder!
OK people from "our side" are ghosts over there, and "their side" are ghosts over here. Which leads to the question of where "here" and "there" really are. I mean besides inside Pablo's head.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

TheCollector wrote:And I find myself more upset at Daylla not being gay after all then I am that she might possibly die at some point soon if this is some kind of vision of the future.
Who says this Daylla isn't gay? She's not dead either so this can't be his dead girlfriend. I think this might be related to rewriting the akashic record when poiting, sometimes mistakes get through and an alternate reality is created, similar to the extra Riker in Next Gen.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

That, or this new guy is just able to pull an epic prank.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

Man oh man... the twilight zone gots nuffin on the Wapsi Zone!
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

A rather memorable sucker punch is this--- right up there with when Shelly died of plutonium exposure, or Nudge got thrown into the lava, or Monica lost the front of her face to Phix's claws.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AnotherFairportfan

"I see a dead girl."
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Opus the Poet wrote:
TheCollector wrote:And I find myself more upset at Daylla not being gay after all then I am that she might possibly die at some point soon if this is some kind of vision of the future.
Who says this Daylla isn't gay? She's not dead either so this can't be his dead girlfriend. I think this might be related to rewriting the akashic record when poiting, sometimes mistakes get through and an alternate reality is created, similar to the extra Riker in Next Gen.
Or it could be the ghost messing with her head. Note "Dustin's" first speech box is black, like when he was talking to Scarlet.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
Haylo

Post by Haylo »

Is this a sort of a ghost casting illusions to convince her that she is the ghost? If she believes it, does she take the ghost's place?