Oops 2018-03-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
TazManiac

Re: Oops 2018-03-06

Post by TazManiac »

Top Posting for Visibility:

Meanwhile, Elsewhere... (Mar 2018 Edition)

The Ball is in Play...
jwhouk wrote:The door to the room opened slowly, letting the exterior light in briefly - enough that the solitary figure could see enough to find the light switch.

A set of fluorescent bulbs illuminated the room from the ballast fixtures overhead, revealing the long table with chairs alongside them.

Satisfied, he walks around to the back of the room, and over to the doorway next to the scroll window, separating the kitchen.

The door opens, and another light switch illuminates the kitchen - immaculately clean. Emerauld, he thought. She must have cleaned up after the last time. This was confirmed by the plate of seed cake that was sitting neatly wrapped on the counter.

He went to the fridge to check stock - candied carrots, abuelita chocolate, a few two-liters of vanilla Coke, several bottles of seltzer water. The freezer had a few gallons of ice cream, along with one of orange sherbet.

Closing the fridge back up, he checked the pantry. Rosalita out did herself. Enough feed in here to keep us going until Pablo returns.

He returned to the main room. A smile came across his face, considering that the main storyline of the comic was about the shenanigans in the Gryphon activity room. That place has nothing on this setup, he thought.

He went over to the wall, flipped a switch that turned on an electronic whiteboard. Using his finger, he simply wrote:

OPEN FOR BUSINESS DURING RENOVATION
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

I'm double jointed, and I can assure you that you can still strain the ligaments and tendons if you're not warmed up. In fact, if you're double jointed, you can actually have a harder time _not_ being strained, as your joints want to drop apart. You have to use the muscles to lock your shoulders in order to carry heavier objects without the ball dropping out of the socket.

Mind you, when someone says "Can you give me a hand?", I usually get some disgusted looks when I grab my wrist, pull it out, then give it about an eighth of a turn, while saying "Hang on a second."
I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

The solution to Anthony Boucher's mystery Rocket to the Morgue turns on a physical trick that Boucher was known to fellow SF/mystery authors and SF fans for being able to do...

A number of the characters in there are based on SF writers of the day; one of them is named "Anthony Boucher" {the book was originally published under his alternate pseudonym "H.H.Holmes"}; the victim is a recognisable caricature of an annoying Southern California fan of the day {late Thirties/early Forties}.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Thor

Post by Thor »

JSStryker wrote:Been there, done that and it isn't any fun at all. :( Take your time healing and we will see you around the 12th +/-
19th now. It's so easy to underestimate the amount of time it takes to heal, since as we grow older, it always takes longer than it previously had.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Thor wrote:
JSStryker wrote:Been there, done that and it isn't any fun at all. :( Take your time healing and we will see you around the 12th +/-
19th now. It's so easy to underestimate the amount of time it takes to heal, since as we grow older, it always takes longer than it previously had.
Painfully longer.

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

Oh, come on.

When Atsali dislocated her shoulder she was able to fly a helicopter less than an hour later...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Oh, come on.

When Atsali dislocated her shoulder she was able to fly a helicopter less than an hour later...
She's a siren/succubus mix. Pablo isn't.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

jwhouk wrote:She's a siren/succubus mix. Pablo isn't.
As far as we know.
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

Having seriously hurt my right arm on more than one bicycle accident, I can attest that real recover takes a lot of time.

So here's some warm wishes to Paul for a pain-free recovery and return to normal! <HUGS>
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Drakkenmensch wrote:Having seriously hurt my right arm on more than one bicycle accident, I can attest that real recover takes a lot of time.

So here's some warm wishes to Paul for a pain-free recovery and return to normal! <HUGS>
Just don't hug him too hard... we do want him to heal, after all... :P
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Air Hugs, maybe? That should do it!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Speaking of Atsali... I kind of miss her old hairstyle.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

The sweep-forward style?

The problem with it, at least in her eyes (I think) is that it made her look like a little kid.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

jwhouk wrote:The sweep-forward style?

The problem with it, at least in her eyes (I think) is that it made her look like a little kid.
Plus she probably used up the entirety of the MiB's Strategic Hair Products Reserve maintaining it. She has to give them a chance to restock their warehouses.
Thor

Post by Thor »

jwhouk wrote:The sweep-forward style?

And also that it was based in non-Euclidean geometry.

Like Mickey Mouse's ears, the direction it was pointing varied with where the camera was located.
Cortanis

Post by Cortanis »

GlytchMeister wrote:From Facebook, I think he said he was trying to prise a speaker from something or pull the speaker box itself apart, Hulked out just a bit too much... so when the thing finally yielded, his arm flew backward and popped loose. That’s a weird way to dislocate a shoulder, going backward like that.

Anyway, the docs put it back and he’s already feeling better, but yeah, he’s being careful and taking a week to rest.

Oh, and no, it wasn’t his drawing arm, though he does use his offhand to hold the drawing board and stuff.

Note to self: stop using Sith Strength (anger -> fuel -> energy -> force -> work) when I get old. Don’t want to rip myself apart.
Ok, now onto the other important question... did anyone take pics? I want to see the aftermath of mini hulk here and what he was doing.
AnotherFairportfan

Cortanis wrote:
GlytchMeister wrote:From Facebook, I think he said he was trying to prise a speaker from something or pull the speaker box itself apart, Hulked out just a bit too much... so when the thing finally yielded, his arm flew backward and popped loose. That’s a weird way to dislocate a shoulder, going backward like that.

Anyway, the docs put it back and he’s already feeling better, but yeah, he’s being careful and taking a week to rest.

Oh, and no, it wasn’t his drawing arm, though he does use his offhand to hold the drawing board and stuff.

Note to self: stop using Sith Strength (anger -> fuel -> energy -> force -> work) when I get old. Don’t want to rip myself apart.
Ok, now onto the other important question... did anyone take pics? I want to see the aftermath of mini hulk here and what he was doing.
That's just a cover.

He really ran over it parallel parking.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
Cortanis wrote:Ok, now onto the other important question... did anyone take pics? I want to see the aftermath of mini hulk here and what he was doing.
That's just a cover.

He really ran over it parallel parking.
Nah. He was building a backyard jungle-jim modeled after the Wapsi Square character relationship chart.

It was his attempt to add an extra dimension to represent the Shelly/Monica analogs from the 56 earlier time loops that popped his shoulder out of joint.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_2005-05-12.gif
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_2005-05-12.gif (75.54 KiB) Viewed 8921 times
Hulking out causes bad things to happen...

(Not even sure if that image will upload and post correctly from my phone...)
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

Alkarii wrote: Hulking out causes bad things to happen...
Except we like Monica when she's bouncy!