Inside Track 2018-02-01

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

Inside Track 2018-02-01

Post by jwhouk »

"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
FreeFlier

Re: Inside Track 2018-02-01

Post by FreeFlier »

Scarlet, dear . . . you're going to get a headache doing that . . .

And you're going to need to be thinking clearly - you have a decision to make: Do you go along with it in hopes of being able to deal with whatever disaster they create, or do you wash your hands of it?

--FreeFlier
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

shouldn't it be "takes the spotlight off my stupidity"?
Lee M

Post by Lee M »

Warrl wrote:shouldn't it be "takes the spotlight off my stupidity"?
I believe it should.
The paper maker is the basest of all creatures. He deprives the beggar of his rags to make white sheets for editors to lie on.
--early 20th century school essay, from Fresh Howlers, ed. H. Cecil Hunt (UK, 1930)
Dave

Post by Dave »

So, who is going to organize the betting pool on the question of just exactly how this situation will go badly?

Not whether it goes badly... just how.

10% of the proceeds shall go to a charitable cause... and I suggest that the Tylenol fund for Scarlet would be a good choice. She's definitely going to need it.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

One good thing seems to be those of the group that were just running in circles feeling all angsty are now united in a single pursuit of exploring the here-after for ghosts and stuff...
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

TazManiac wrote:One good thing seems to be those of the group that were just running in circles feeling all angsty are now united in a single pursuit of exploring the here-after for ghosts and stuff...
ITYM
TazManiac wrote:One good thing seems to be those of the group that were just running in circles feeling all angsty are now united in a single pursuit of driving Scarlet completely 'round the bend...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

She will be there to protect Timmy. In fact every time i think of the poor kid i keep seeing that video off facebook about the difference between males and female lions picking something to eat, move bitch get out the way.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
eee

Post by eee »

Of course, since they are making their plans in their club-room, apparently the center of the haunting itself, it's not as if the ghost or ghosts won't know they're coming...

RE my earlier suggestion that the group should research the history of the room, further consideration has lead me to see obstacles. I don't think we've seen any evidence of a school or para community newspaper, back issues of which might have spoken of what happened in the room. There are no grizzled school custodians who know more about what's going on in the school than the principal. And all the teachers seem relatively young. Whatever information there is about that room might therefore be present only in - and carefully locked up in - school and/or MiB files.

If Principal Andersen takes time out from canoodling Kath to forbid Castela and friends from staying in the room overnight, we'll know she knows something and it's not good.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

I would say that canoodling requires a noodle, but from some of the things I've seen on the internet, substitutions are frequently made.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Alkarii wrote:I would say that canoodling requires a noodle, but from some of the things I've seen on the internet, substitutions are frequently made.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

And Dave wins again! Double points because it's sitting right there handy to the Pun Jar! :mrgreen:

And that image is way more disturbing than anything supernatural the kids are gonna find. :shock:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

eee wrote:There are no grizzled school custodians who know more about what's going on in the school than the principal.
That's because Erza works at the Library, not Gryphon.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Dear Lord - Gluten/wheat free spaghetti? Well, it has been worse for some:

Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Post by Dave »

Atomic wrote:Dear Lord - Gluten/wheat free spaghetti?
Yeah, I was wondering about that. Seems like an idea that's somewhere between bad, and implausible.

My first reaction is seeing the image of that can was "Ugh. Must be earthworms in ketchup sauce. The very sort of thing that Calvin would have tortured Susie Derkins with, at school lunch."

The manufacturers claim these noodles are made from corn and rice flour. Sounds almost as bad as the allergen-elimination diet my wife got stuck with for a couple of weeks, some years ago: white rice, tapioca, and bread made from Lima bean flour. :(
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Dave wrote:
Atomic wrote:Dear Lord - Gluten/wheat free spaghetti?
Yeah, I was wondering about that. Seems like an idea that's somewhere between bad, and implausible. . . .
It beats never being able to eat spaghetti ever again.

Or suffering weeks of intestinal agony if you do.

--FreeFlier
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

- Is it true McDonalds makes it's buns from Potato Flour?

- A well informed Elder (long involved in Healthy and True Farming) says He thinks that the seemingly recent 'Gluten Upset' thinks that the problem is due to the RoundUp built into the (mono-culture) Wheat being sent to market these days. (In other words, the Wheat we got 'in the Old Days' ain't the same as we get today...)

- Spaghetti in a Can. Need I say more?
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

TazManiac wrote:- Spaghetti in a Can. Need I say more?
That's how they handle the overflow when there's been a good spaghetti harvest!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Atomic wrote:
Great to see the historic documentary footage, but that was traditional natural spaghetti. I think they exported the surplus to Casablanca, where it was canned under the Franco-American label.

The stuff in the can Dave found is gluten-free spaghetti, a genetically modified Frankenfood.
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Atomic wrote:
But what they neglect to say, for reasons that I don't fully understand, is just why the spaghetti weevil was no longer a problem. Like many other species of weevils, beetles, and insects-in-general, the spaghetti weevil is quite edible and nourishing... they're quite tasty when toasted with just a pinch of garlic salt. The canny Swiss spaghetti farmers had realized that they could create a very nice secondary income by collecting the weevils, freezing them, and exporting them to South America, where the Eurocentric bias against eating insects isn't an issue.

I suppose the filmstrip publishers didn't want to risk an "ewww" reaction from the English movie-going audience for which this short seems to have been made. No sense putting the customers off of their suet pudding.