Never Said 2018-01-22

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Never Said 2018-01-22

Post by lake_wrangler »

Well, that conversation started well...
Sgt. Howard

Re: Never Said 2018-01-22

Post by Sgt. Howard »

"There shall be Charley Foxtrots and rumors of Charley Foxtrots..." ... thank GOD I am not YOUNG anymore!!!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

"It's to late! I have told him of MY love! He's mine now!"

"What?"

"No! I kissed him already. THAT makes him mine first!"

"Wait. That's not how it works..."

"Ah HA! But you just declared that you're NOT in love with him, therefore you have renounced all clame. That makes him STILL mine!"

"Um..."

"I didn't say that I didn't love him, I said I hadn't said that I did love him. He's still mine!"

"You know what, I'm just going to slip away now..."

"If you can't declare your love, as I have, then you can't keep him, for my clame is stronger!"

"Why wouldn't this window open, so I can crawl out!"

"Well, we did more than kiss! I, we, er... We were mostly naked! So there! He's mine!"

" You had to tell her about that..."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Y'know, if you took an old-style "crossbar" phone exchange full of relay racks and cables and rotary switches, and turned loose in it an entire platoon of tweak-crazy amphetamine users with ADD, armed with soldering gear and a few cases of whisky, and let them run wild for a month ...

... you still wouldn't get as many crossed wires and scrambled communications as these three have managed to churn out in an hour.

It's very impressive, in a see-the-train-wreck-in-progress kind of way.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Yanno, there just aren't too many good train wrecks anymore.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Dave wrote:Y'know, if you took an old-style "crossbar" phone exchange full of relay racks and cables and rotary switches, and turned loose in it an entire platoon of tweak-crazy amphetamine users with ADD, armed with soldering gear and a few cases of whisky, and let them run wild for a month ...

... you still wouldn't get as many crossed wires and scrambled communications as these three have managed to churn out in an hour.

It's very impressive, in a see-the-train-wreck-in-progress kind of way.
In one of the stories in one of the "Grantville Gazette" series of collections of ascended fanfiction for Eric Flint's "1632/Ring of Fire" books, the fire chief in Grantville, after rescuing a kid who has manged to hang himself up from a church steeple, says "This is impressive. Wile E Coyote couldn't do better with two credit cards and a direct line to ACME..."
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

Can Castella unhinge her jaw? Because otherwise there's only so much space in her mouth for all these feet she's trying to shove in.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Its a very good thing he seems to be the sane stable on in the group
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

oldmanmickey wrote:Its a very good thing he seems to be the sane stable on in the group
That won't last long if he keeps hanging out with this bunch.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
eee

Post by eee »

It's hard to imagine things can get any worse or more confusing at this point.

But I'm sure they can. And will.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

eee wrote:It's hard to imagine things can get any worse or more confusing at this point.

This is PAUL we are talking about... certainly he can whip up more chaos should he feel the need! (Cue theme music of "it's a Mad, mad mad, mad world"
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

eee wrote:It's hard to imagine things can get any worse or more confusing at this point.

Pirta wrote:This place, like, makes crazy, right?
Sure does . . .

--FreeFlier
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Sgt. Howard wrote:

This is PAUL we are talking about... certainly he can whip up more chaos should he feel the need! (Cue theme music of "it's a Mad, mad mad, mad world"
Nobody seems to be running in circles, so it must not be a mad world after all.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: In one of the stories in one of the "Grantville Gazette" series of collections of ascended fanfiction for Eric Flint's "1632/Ring of Fire" books, the fire chief in Grantville, after rescuing a kid who has manged to hang himself up from a church steeple, says "This is impressive. Wile E Coyote couldn't do better with two credit cards and a direct line to ACME..."
Not to mention whoever wrote that has seen the movie "The Russians Are Coming, The Russians Are Coming!"

"E-MER gen-cy. Everyone to leave the streets im-MED-i-a-tely!"
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote:This is PAUL we are talking about... certainly he can whip up more chaos should he feel the need!
Betcha! There's none better.

Stay tuned for the next episode, when we learn that Hiroshi is actually the bastard child of two terribly star-crossed lovers: one of the human biotechnology researchers who genetically-engineered Castela, and an undercover Fae assassin named Kiddo who had been sent to destroy the Blackthorn project.
(Cue theme music of "it's a Mad, mad mad, mad world")
I was thinking more of Paul Anka, singing "You're Having My Seedlings"...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Dave wrote:
Sgt. Howard wrote:This is PAUL we are talking about... certainly he can whip up more chaos should he feel the need!
Betcha! There's none better.

Stay tuned for the next episode, when we learn that Hiroshi is actually the bastard child of two terribly star-crossed lovers: one of the human biotechnology researchers who genetically-engineered Castela, and an undercover Fae assassin named Kiddo who had been sent to destroy the Blackthorn project.
(Cue theme music of "it's a Mad, mad mad, mad world")
I was thinking more of Paul Anka, singing "You're Having My Seedlings"...
Nah, the whole "my lover, my assassin" thing is just sooo two Doctors ago...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Yakity Sax or Days Of Our Lives.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Dave wrote:Stay tuned for the next episode, when we learn that Hiroshi is actually the bastard child of two terribly star-crossed lovers: one of the human biotechnology researchers who genetically-engineered Castela, and an undercover Fae assassin named Kiddo who had been sent to destroy the Blackthorn project.
Yakkity Sax? Hell no! HERE's your tune, baby!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff