Needs Intell 2017-12-20

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Needs Intell 2017-12-20

Post by AmriloJim »

AnotherFairportfan

Re: Needs Intell 2017-12-20

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Five minutes after i was wondering where it was...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Would Katherine do that?

Shelly - yeah.

Bud - probably.

Monica - quite possibly.

Katherine?

Wouldn't surprise me - especially after that stunt she and Nadette pulled on Atsali in Tokyo.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/not-real/

... just remember, we met her here. And would Katherine do that? An ex-Air Force Warrant? IN A HEARTBEAT!!!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AnotherFairportfan

Sgt. Howard wrote:Best Family Portrait ever-

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/ready-for-the-world/
I was thinking i had done a mod with that one, but it turns out to be this one:
hug.jpg
hug.jpg (251.11 KiB) Viewed 9714 times
Dave

Post by Dave »

Sgt. Howard wrote:Best Family Portrait ever-

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/ready-for-the-world/
When I first saw that, I thought of what Katherine had been through ...

... how far she had come back, so quickly, to reclaim her life and take back her personal power ...

... and then jump in, and refuse to allow Atsali and Castela to remain orphaned in The System ...

... and I cheered. I think I hollered YES!!!!

That's one hell of a fine character, and a fine character portrayal.
AnotherFairportfan wrote:I was thinking i had done a mod with that one, but it turns out to be this one:
Nice!

I did one with that same base image. Somebody posted a comment, concerned that Paul might be setting the new adoptive family up for some sort of disaster in the near future. Somebody else said s/he didn't think Paul would do that.

AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:I was thinking i had done a mod with that one, but it turns out to be this one:
Nice!
The background is across the street from our house, the previous Autumn.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Good comic.
Who needs sleep anyway?
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
eee

Post by eee »

Way to go, Kath! Use the resources of the MiB to find out those things your daughter won't tell you!

Still, it is impressive Castela can pinpoint how many agents are keeping watch on her, and probably where they are. We knew her Blackthorn sense of smell allowed her to read humans like a book; perhaps she has other senses far beyond human ability as well.

I wonder if she can detect the electronic surveillance that's probably also aimed at her...
sheik

Post by sheik »

eee wrote:Way to go, Kath! Use the resources of the MiB to find out those things your daughter won't tell you!

Still, it is impressive Castela can pinpoint how many agents are keeping watch on her, and probably where they are. We knew her Blackthorn sense of smell allowed her to read humans like a book; perhaps she has other senses far beyond human ability as well.

I wonder if she can detect the electronic surveillance that's probably also aimed at her...
She's probably loaded with detection gear, the question is when will she mature enough to employ it all?
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

I am not sure anyone including Pickle knows her full range of abilities. Any parent that had access to that kind of surveillance would use it on their kids, lord knows i would have.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
AnotherFairportfan

oldmanmickey wrote:I am not sure anyone including Pickle knows her full range of abilities. Any parent that had access to that kind of surveillance would use it on their kids, lord knows i would have.
Heh.

My brother has a character named Anton Zilwickie.

ZIlwickie has two daughters.

The elder is in the Navy, and has been one of the central characters in several books.

The younger...

Zilwickie is retired from the Navy, and runs one of Manticore's top private security firms - and is a top intelligence type in his own right.

Super spook.

Berry, the younger daughter, laments the fact that, when she reaches dating age, having Super Spook in person as a father is going to make things ... difficult.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Of course, Katherine won't even have to intentionally try to embarrass her teenage daughter. All that she has to do is to be her parent, or worst of all make any sort of acknowledgment regarding her daughter and Hiroshi even knowing each other.
eee wrote:Way to go, Kath! Use the resources of the MiB to find out those things your daughter won't tell you!

I doubt that they'd go as far as elint and the like, as I don't see Katherine or Bud or Brandi really being okay with that level of invasion of privacy. They probably don't go with anything more than some agents hanging around the area wherever Castela is wandering about.
eee

Post by eee »

Catawampus wrote:Of course, Katherine won't even have to intentionally try to embarrass her teenage daughter. All that she has to do is to be her parent, or worst of all make any sort of acknowledgment regarding her daughter and Hiroshi even knowing each other.

I doubt that they'd go as far as elint and the like, as I don't see Katherine or Bud or Brandi really being okay with that level of invasion of privacy. They probably don't go with anything more than some agents hanging around the area wherever Castela is wandering about.
Now that I stop to think about it, I'm not sure all this surveillance is completely innocuous. The billionaires who funded Castela's creation all wound up with their heads on the floor of Congress as a gentle warning, Para to human world; but the scientists and secret agency forces that had a hand in it, we don't know what happened to them. Someone might know enough about the Pickle to think that recruiting or eliminating her might be a good idea. MiB and Kath may be justifiably nervous about Castela being out in public like this...
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:I am not sure anyone including Pickle knows her full range of abilities. Any parent that had access to that kind of surveillance would use it on their kids, lord knows i would have.
Heh.

My brother has a character named Anton Zilwickie.

ZIlwickie has two daughters.

The elder is in the Navy, and has been one of the central characters in several books.

The younger...

Zilwickie is retired from the Navy, and runs one of Manticore's top private security firms - and is a top intelligence type in his own right.

Super spook.

Berry, the younger daughter, laments the fact that, when she reaches dating age, having Super Spook in person as a father is going to make things ... difficult.
I remember that . . .

Also that it wasn't enough.

He'd have probably preferred a boyfriend to what she and Ruth got up to!

Of course, given the Anton and Victor show . . . :roll: "Hey look, Victor's improvising again!"

--FreeFlier
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

I think those MIB agents are functioning on three levels. Keep an eye out for boys as a favor to Kath, a secondary mission of keeping an eye on Pickle to provide an early warning for if she goes supercritical, and their primary mission is to keep watch for recruitment, kidnapping, or assassination attempts.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

And I also think, for all her senses and powers and wisdom, Cas might still be outclassed by the chessmaster elite that is Brandi, who also happens to have at her disposal the resources of an entire, well-funded, highly powerful, clandestine agency.

I think the 13-year old might be overestimating herself.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

GlytchMeister wrote:I think the 13-year old might be overestimating herself.
Isn't that the case with pretty much every 13-year old? :P
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

GlytchMeister wrote:And I also think, for all her senses and powers and wisdom, Cas might still be outclassed by the chessmaster elite that is Brandi, who also happens to have at her disposal the resources of an entire, well-funded, highly powerful, clandestine agency.
It remains to be seen if Brandi's skills were purely a manifestation of the Nu Gui, or an amplification. Without her subliminal master in the driver's seat, Brandi might be just another air-head. I'm not sure where in her history the Nu Gui moved in.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff