Pay It Forward 2017-12-15

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Atomic

Pay It Forward 2017-12-15

Post by Atomic »

Link
I'm starting to like this turn of events. It's time we caught up on Jaqui and Luci.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Pay It Forward 2017-12-15

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

"Angry girl with a knife"?

Wow. Shelly might have been up against something scary if Luci had relapsed...
Last edited by AnotherFairportfan on Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/preconceivednotions/
Luci is an interesting gal, (her and Becky...)
Dave

Post by Dave »

I must admit, I'd like to study the wording of that NDA.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Yea the government is not know for clear and concise wording. More just try to cover anything.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Dave wrote:I must admit, I'd like to study the wording of that NDA.
"Wait. . .what's this bit here about 'blast radius' in the third paragraph?"
Dave

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:
"Wait. . .what's this bit here about 'blast radius' in the third paragraph?"
Yeah, that's basically the sort of thing I was wondering about. How do you write an NDA that will cover the sort of situations that could arise in this case, without using language that gives away the situation to anyone who reads the NDA itself (even if they haven't signed it and aren't bound by it), and without the restrictions being so vague and fuzzy and broad that Jacquie's lawyer wouldn't say "You would be an idiot to sign this." It might be possible but it would be very tricky.

I suppose that's why Monica didn't insist on Amanda signing an NDA before being dunked into Lake Calhoun, right in the middle of the proliferating milfoil. That particular NDA would have had to include a manatee clause, and we all know there is no manatee clause.
eee

Post by eee »

It's got to be interesting. How do you say "You will disclose nothing about the fact that there are non-human, super-powered beings from myth and magic all around, and a top secret para-governmental agency running herd on things to boot" without saying that?
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

SECTION B - NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT.
1. Anything that is told to you by the agents (defined in section A) will not be disseminated, disclosed, or otherwise shared with anyone except the agents and those approved by the agents.

2. Failure to follow this agreement will result in very bad things(TM) happening.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:SECTION B - NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT.
1. Anything that is told to you by the agents (defined in section A) will not be disseminated, disclosed, or otherwise shared with anyone except the agents and those approved by the agents.

2. Failure to follow this agreement will result in very bad things(TM) happening.
That means that the agents can bind you to silence about any subject whatsoever, for the rest of your life, just by telling it to you. It's an unlimited blank-check gag order, written on pigskin (of the "pig-in-a-poke" variety). Lawyer says "Jacquie, you would be insane to sign this. You don't know what you're agreeing to."

(It also places no limits on what you could disclose if you learn of it directly (e.g. by observing Castela in person), if it's something that wasn't specifically told to you by one of the agents. So, although it's draconian, it's also inadequate.)

This is the sort of situation that a government can get away with, via an oath of secrecy or a military secrecy order.

Coming up with a workable equivalent in civil law, that would make sense for Jacquie to sign... not so easy.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Having to sign an NDA about the contents of the main NDA?

--FreeFlier
eee

Post by eee »

Oh yes, I forgot Luci thinks she has fat ankles, too.

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/justposes/

She and Castela should be able to bond pretty quickly if they start comparing their bodily defects.
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:
Catawampus wrote:How do you write an NDA that will cover the sort of situations that could arise in this case, without using language that gives away the situation to anyone who reads the NDA itself (even if they haven't signed it and aren't bound by it), and without the restrictions being so vague and fuzzy and broad that Jacquie's lawyer wouldn't say "You would be an idiot to sign this." It might be possible but it would be very tricky.
You do what my former-mole-inside-Microsoft told me that they did about Windows 10 {i think it was}; They made you sign an NDA to get to see the NDA for working on it.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

FreeFlier wrote:Having to sign an NDA about the contents of the main NDA?

--FreeFlier
Yep. See my previous comment.
AnotherFairportfan

eee wrote:Oh yes, I forgot Luci thinks she has fat ankles, too.

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/justposes/

She and Castela should be able to bond pretty quickly if they start comparing their bodily defects.
Reminds me of Ash in Misfile - trying on sexy lingerie with her girlfriend in mind {stressful in the situation, at best} in a fitting room with a poster featuring a shot of her mother modeling one of her signature line sexy bras...

{This is in a fanfic, but it's very much in character.]

Fanart:
braposter.jpg
braposter.jpg (87.48 KiB) Viewed 7793 times
=================

* In case you don't know, Ash is a teenage boy transformed into a girl and the whole world except her, another girl who has to do two years of her high school over and the angel who screwed up in the Celestial Filing Depot remembers that it was always that way...
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

You know, folks, there are sample NDAs readily available for examination
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

Dave wrote:I suppose that's why Monica didn't insist on Amanda signing an NDA before being dunked into Lake Calhoun, right in the middle of the proliferating milfoil. That particular NDA would have had to include a manatee clause, and we all know there is no manatee clause.
Someone's getting a lump of coal in their stocking for that one...
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Manatee clause? Ha! What about a Sanity Clause?
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Post by Dave »

Atomic wrote:Manatee clause? Ha! What about a Sanity Clause?
We could only dream of having one of those.

(Yes, that particular Marx Brothers bit was what I was referencing)