Out Of This World 2017-12-14

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Atomic

Out Of This World 2017-12-14

Post by Atomic »

Linky!

So - Jaqui has been busy the past few years!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Re: Out Of This World 2017-12-14

Post by Dave »

Atomic wrote:So - Jacqui has been busy the past few years!
And probably won't freak out too badly when introduced to the truth. It may not be exactly the truth she was expecting, but it won't be outlandish to her.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Okay, that explains the paranoia . . .

(Conspiracy theorists in the wild can be fun.)

And I think Luci's comment should be "Oh, wait, is she in a witness protection program and needs to be kept secret?"

--FreeFlier
Thor

Post by Thor »

It seems like almost everyone--including most of the normal humans--had completely forgotten how normal humans interact with each other.

I'm really not sure why Shelley didn't just ask Jacqui and Luci about it like a normal favor for the daughter of a friend. But I suppose there would be no wacky hijinx then. Either that, or there is some other shoe that has yet to drop that would justify this complicated ritual of seeming inanity.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

And, they take both pills, and dive into the rabbit, whole.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Thor wrote:I'm really not sure why Shelley didn't just ask Jacqui and Luci about it like a normal favor for the daughter of a friend. But I suppose there would be no wacky hijinx then. Either that, or there is some other shoe that has yet to drop that would justify this complicated ritual of seeming inanity.
They might be trying to stave off trouble further down the road.

My guess is that they've decided to induct Jacquie and Luci into the ranks of those In The Know, and tell them at least some of the truth about Castela. Brandi's offer to help Jacquie with UFO research sounds to me like a lead-in to a "Ok, you want to know what's really out there?" chat.

Doing otherwise could be problematic. Pretending that Castella is just a normal human girl could put an additional burden on her... she'd have to maintain a 100%-perfect Masquerade glamour at all times when she was at Punk Yoga, even when meditating. It's possible that she's not up to that at the moment... one stray thought about Hiroshi at the wrong moment and she'd be blooming roses and orchids. She's been fortunate that this has happened only in para-friendly locations so far, and not out among the mundanes.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

I think its a prep thing as well. All Pickle has to have is one oops and those two especially Jacqui would be talking.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

I'd imagine that thoroughly teaching Castela useful relaxation techniques would involve a good bit of talking through her problems with her. It would be difficult for the kid to give answers that are true enough to be useful yet also vague enough to not tip off Luci and Jacqui about the whole paranormal aspect.

Though on a plus side, perhaps they can all just introduce Castela as a visiting alien. That would keep the reality still a secret, yet let Luci and Jacqui know that Castela has secrets to be kept and powers to be controlled.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Remember how Amanda was brought into the fold? I have the feeling Shelly is going to Sphinx out on them, then scrape them off the ceiling, and explain the kind of person they'll be helping. You know ambulatory WMD having teenage emotional problems including sudden outbursts of anger. Then ask Castel to show the carved stones she made with her fingertip discharges, and explain "We need to keep her this angry or less."
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Opus the Poet wrote:Remember how Amanda was brought into the fold?
I took the panel where Monica poited her back from the lake and modified it to include the back half of a large fish sticking out of her cleavage...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
I took the panel where Monica poited her back from the lake and modified it to include the back half of a large fish sticking out of her cleavage...
I don't think that's legal bait for fishing...

(That is, fishing for actual fish. Fishing for certain other critters, yes.)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Warrl wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:
I don't think that's legal bait for fishing...

(That is, fishing for actual fish. Fishing for certain other critters, yes.)

Yeah, but there's a certain Sushimi 'Nom-Nom-Nom' going on there...