Enlighten Me 2017-12-13

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Enlighten Me 2017-12-13

Post by AmriloJim »

GlytchMeister

Re: Enlighten Me 2017-12-13

Post by GlytchMeister »

Well shit, this complicated things a bit in the fanfic. Yay.

Poor Brandi. I hope she will one day become confident her mind is her own.

I actually empathize with this. I have... displayed a talent for manipulation and such, and my male genetic donor (“father”) repeatedly called me a pathological liar, a sociopath, a psychopath, and an antisocial nutcase “just like [insert school and/or mass shooter here],” so and I try really hard not to screw with people like that, especially in close relationships - friendship or romantic. So I can understand Brandi’s concern and her choice, and I really feel for her.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Post by Dave »

I must admit, I'd been wondering how Brandi would have come to terms with the fact that she'd been so thoroughly subverted and "under control" for thousands of years, and had been the vehicle for the deliberate wrecking of yet another civilization. That's not the sort of thing that would be terribly easy to walk away from... especially for one who was (when in her right mind) so gentle she would literally not hurt a fly.

Even if everybody was sure that the Nu Gui was history (permanently locked up in non-retrievable form in a damaged stasis crystal), and was no longer actively influencing Brandi... how could anyone be certain that all of its effects were gone? that Brandi's brain doesn't still contain some sort of buried surprises?

How much can people trust her?

How much can she trust herself?

Maintaining an entourage of "early warning" guardians doesn't seem like a bad thing, all considered.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Brandi has had a serious talk with Monica about setting up some sort of emergency contingency plans. If I recall correctly, Monica still retains at least some power of Glyph command over the three GGs, even though she restored their free wills. She may still be able to shut Brandi down, if push came to planet-wrecking shove.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Pickle could also play a factor. She is pretty hard to stop if someone needed to be taken out
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long