Time Apart 2017-11-02

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Time Apart 2017-11-02

Post by AmriloJim »

FreeFlier

Re: Time Apart 2017-11-02

Post by FreeFlier »

Wise little weed.

--FreeFlier
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

It certainly appears that Atsali is growing into a better, more mature friend.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Ah, so that's how she keeps her balance... Doesn't really look comfortable on the spine, leaning back like that, but given that her other option is a hurt back from the weight pulling her forward, I suppose that leaning back wouldn't be quite as bad.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
eee

Post by eee »

So why don't you use that tremendous Blackthorn wisdom on YOURSELF, Pickle???? Or are you too busy growing flowers in your hair?

It is interesting that Atsali finds that being social energizes her now. I wonder if it's the costume and unusual setting.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

I believe in Atsalis case in previous social situations she was so worried about missing clues as to what was going on she didn't have time to have fun. Here in this setting she knows due to being in a new culture shes is going to miss some things she is actually freer to just enjoy and have fun. Plus she can let her para out to play. This could be a "para"dise for her.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
sheik

Post by sheik »

eee wrote:So why don't you use that tremendous Blackthorn wisdom on YOURSELF, Pickle???? Or are you too busy growing flowers in your hair?

It is interesting that Atsali finds that being social energizes her now. I wonder if it's the costume and unusual setting.
O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion:
What airs in dress an' gait wad lea'e us,
An' ev'n devotion!
Robert Burns
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

It will be interesting to see how well Skylar and Nadette get along when they meet (as they're bound to, eventually). Nadette may feel a bit insecure and jealous, especially given that Skylar is a succubus and we all know the stereotypes that they have.
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Cat, they have already met...Your Family 2017-09-11. Didn't appear to be any ill feelings, but there was little time for girl talk, anyway.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

AmriloJim wrote:Cat, they have already met...Your Family 2017-09-11. Didn't appear to be any ill feelings, but there was little time for girl talk, anyway.
That was before Nadette started having to live the reality of separation anxiety, and didn't involve having to do much in the way of being social to each other. I meant more like Atsali bringing Skylar home over the holidays, or Nadette visiting the campus during a long weekend.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

eee wrote:So why don't you use that tremendous Blackthorn wisdom on YOURSELF, Pickle???? Or are you too busy growing flowers in your hair?

"I can bear any sorrow- save that which is mine own," - Shakespeare... we can see other's emotional upheavals and understand, but your own leave you blind.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

I wouldn't say the costume and setting per se - but that they are part of restricting and clearly defining what sort of social interactions are acceptable. Plus more clearly defining when non-acceptable interactions merit unfriendly responses, and just how unfriendly. And that there's a pretty large range of mildly-unacceptable overtures where the appropriate response is for her to completely ignore them, as if she were unaware of them.

In other words, her limited ability to read social cues is rather less of a handicap than normal.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Warrl wrote:And that there's a pretty large range of mildly-unacceptable overtures where the appropriate response is for her to completely ignore them, as if she were unaware of them.
Or smack them upside the head with her tail...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.