Worst Fear 2012-12-04

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Fairportfan

Worst Fear 2012-12-04

Post by Fairportfan »

"Someone get a hammer", forsooth!

EDIT to add: Wonder what that sounds like with a West Texas accent?
Last edited by Fairportfan on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not even duct tape can fix stupid. But it can muffle the noise.
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Atomic

Re: Worst Fear 2012-12-04

Post by Atomic »

"Being Dropped In" and "Being Killed By" are two very different options it seems, rather than consequences!

This is a Test. This is Only a Test. If this were really a nightmarish overextention of unbridled force and anger, entire continental forests filled with small, furry creatures with big, sad eyes would have been reduced to crispy ashes among the smoking ruins. This was only a test. Thank God.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
Dave

Post by Dave »

Well I'll be dipped in (a four-letter word)!

Somebody called it - Nudge's worst fear wasn't burning or dying, it was being immobilized and sealed away (and, perhaps, facing an eternity of the smell of burnt fur). Sort of a "Cask Of Andesite" situation, really.
For the love of demigod, Montresor!
EDIT: This seems to indicate that Monica did see or sense what Nudge's greatest fear was (volcano), but not why Nudge feared it (imprisonment). If she had known the latter point she would have realized that Nudge wasn't afraid of dying in the lava and was therefore probably not in danger of death. Interesting... wonder if this is an inherent limit on Monica's newly-revealed ability, or whether she'll get better at this with experience?
Last edited by Dave on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

I know this is wrong, being her worst fear and all, but...BWAAA-Ha-ha-haa!
Fairportfan wrote:"Someone get a hammer", forsooth!

Sorta like - "Y'all fetch me that hammer yonder, fhar-sueth!"

Edit - Texican vernacular
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Er, Dave -
"The Cask of Amontillado" was the story by Poe.... Oh, I get it now (loooong coin drop)! Andesite - not used to seeing geology jokes here. :geek:
Last edited by NOTDilbert on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Yamara

Post by Yamara »

Oh, a hammer? Shelly has one of those.

On the other hand, she has a volcano, too.

Nudge just has a perfectly understandable fear of Xenu.

T minus 17 days.
PunPalsm the fastest way to pay the pun jar

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Baal.
NOTDilbert

Post by NOTDilbert »

Jabberwonky wrote:I know this is wrong, being her worst fear and all, but...BWAAA-Ha-ha-haa!

Or imagine it said by Yosemite Sam......
"Imagination is more important than Knowledge" - Albert Einstein
"History doesn't repeat itself, but it DOES rhyme" - Mark Twain
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Syndey Scoville
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Jabberwonky wrote:I know this is wrong, being her worst fear and all, but...BWAAA-Ha-ha-haa!

Sorry - i meant Eurayle's call to the Library to deliver the Winged Victory of Samothrace ... i mean Nudge in carbonite...
=====================
Peace through superior firepower - ain't nothin' more peaceful than a dead troublemaker.
=====================
mike weber
Jay-Em

Post by Jay-Em »

I see. Apparently Nudge is fire-proof.

Buuut.. yes, for a trickster to be imobilized and isolated must be the worst imaginable situation. (It takes one to know one. Unable to resist possibilities to prank, -say, farting in an elevator right before exiting :lol: - revelling in low-brow jokes. Some of my many character-flaws :P )
but, why 42?
---------------
Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand. (S. Clemens)
Stigmartyr762

Post by Stigmartyr762 »

LMMFAO!!!!

I know it isn't nice to laugh at someone dealing with severer mental trauma, but DAMN if that isn't some funny shit!

As if Monica doesn't have enough to angst over, now she has this lovely little nugget added to the list for her demons to play with. And it's really going to suck for Nudge when they finally (Phix will probably take her sweet time) bust her out and start to pull all that cooled magma from her fur. (Ouch!)
There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

So, Nudge's worst fear was getting stoned?
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Boxilar wrote:So, Nudge's worst fear was getting stoned?
Mr Pun Jar is waiting for you by the parking lot.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
Mark N

Post by Mark N »

Stigmartyr762 wrote:LMMFAO!!!!

I know it isn't nice to laugh at someone dealing with severer mental trauma, but DAMN if that isn't some funny shit!

As if Monica doesn't have enough to angst over, now she has this lovely little nugget added to the list for her demons to play with. And it's really going to suck for Nudge when they finally (Phix will probably take her sweet time) bust her out and start to pull all that cooled magma from her fur. (Ouch!)
This would be a good time for Monica to practice her poiting things out of other things.
This message is brought to you by the "Let the artist know how much you LOVE his work" council.
nerf-dweller

Post by nerf-dweller »

Uhaa.. Hmmm.. I see.... No I don't... I don't get it. I know Monica works in a museum and all,but I just don't understand this neo-modern abstract sculptures. It just clashes with everyone, er thing, everything.

* drops 2 geodes in the pun jar
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

So Nudge is caught between a rock and a hot place. Let's rent her out as advertising for the Rock of Ages movie before she cracks up.

Seriously though why are they even thinking of staging a jail break for nudge? Drill a small hole for when you need to ask her a question and put in a bung when you are tired of listening to her. Come on guys, this is a golden opportunity.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Mark N wrote:This would be a good time for Monica to practice her poiting things out of other things.
The state she's in right now, she'd probably pull Nudge out, but leave most of her fur embedded in the lava. Imagine having a huge bandaid all across your body, suddenly yanked off all at once... yeouch!
zachariah

Post by zachariah »

Nudge: okay guys you've gotten my head free. Now why don't you start on the rest of me rather then just hitting me in the head with that thing?
Phix: I haven't finished breaking up all the rocks yet. Happy humming sound from Phix.
Monica: Take it easy Phix. If the horns break off I think it will take more than suger glue to fix them.
Ambush questions are fun. Watching the mental impact of them as they distort, or crumble, opinions based on faulty logic.
Fairportfan

Post by Fairportfan »

Fairportfan wrote:

Sorry - i meant Eurayle's call to the Library to deliver the Winged Victory of Samothrace ... i mean Nudge in carbonite...
This is what i was wondering about hearing in a West Texas accent (in my head, Euryale sounds like Mike Nesmith's older sister):

(BTW - the little flowers make it obvious that that is said the honeyed tone that any Southern male with even the most rudimentary self-preservation reflex learns to dread before age six - earlier if he has older sisters...)
=====================
=====================
mike weber
My2Cents

Post by My2Cents »

Dave wrote:
Mark N wrote:This would be a good time for Monica to practice her poiting things out of other things.
The state she's in right now, she'd probably pull Nudge out, but leave most of her fur embedded in the lava. Imagine having a huge bandaid all across your body, suddenly yanked off all at once... yeouch!
Actually it would be the other way around. Once they crack the rock how do they get it out of Nudges fur? That bandage analogy of yours comes to mind. I imagine for Nudge this has been like getting tarred & feathered.

And if Monica can’t poit Nudge out Bud certainly can.http://wapsisquare.com/comic/payattention/
While misery loves company, chaos brings along friends.
Boxilar

Post by Boxilar »

Mark N wrote:
Boxilar wrote:So, Nudge's worst fear was getting stoned?
Mr Pun Jar is waiting for you by the parking lot.
Sorry, but I took Nudge for granite.

*drops one slightly used marble tombstone with extra cheese into the pun jar*