Any Of This 2017-10-17

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Any Of This 2017-10-17

Post by Dave »

Would that have made it any easier in the long run, though?

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/any-of-this/
JSStryker

Re: Any Of This 2017-10-17

Post by JSStryker »

Maybe Scarlet they were waiting to see if the ability actually manifested in you before filling you in on the particulars.
Vive la weird!
donoho

Post by donoho »

Dave wrote:Would that have made it any easier in the long run, though?

I think, yes. Even if it had skipped her as well, knowing of the possibility gives whoever it does hit the opportunity to skip the "am I [going] crazy?!?" bits.
Last edited by donoho on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thor

Post by Thor »

This sort of completely wrecks Pickle's club though, doesn't it?

CASS: Here we are at a new location, to see if it is haunted!
SCARLET: Three ghosts on the first floor and two in the basement. The two in the basement were murdered. The three on the first floor all died of smallpox. The murdered ones want a proper burial for their remains, so I've texted the MiB. The smallpox ones are sticking around because they've gotten hooked on cable TV and aren't bothering anyone. Okay, that's done. Where to next?
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I don't think it works like that, but it would be nice if it did.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Yep! Haunted.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

So Scarlet is a furry Jennifer Love Hewitt?
Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

donoho wrote:
Dave wrote:Would that have made it any easier in the long run, though?

I think, yes. Even if it had skipped her as well, knowing of the possibility gives whoever it does hit the opportunity to skip the "am I [going] crazy?!?" bits.
Weird . . . I had a post disappear.

Well, try again . . .

It might not work that way . . . just let you choose between options knowing that either might be bad.

I had one where they made sure to tell the kids about the possibility of inherited lycanthropy . . . then one of the twins changed, and the other didn't. The one that didn't change basically went evil (long story) and caused all sorts of problems.

So the next generation didn't tell the kids until they started showing signs . . . which led to a werewolf who was terrified of werewolves because "werewolves eat people!" (The family didn't understand how profound the phobia was, and didn't understand she was subconsciously suppressing the change.) The change didn't manifest until a crisis occurred . . .

(Fortunately, all three of the close friends that were with her during the change had their own defenses to prevent her from endangering them in an attack. One of them introduced her to her preferred prey , roundthing-that-flies!)

--FreeFlier
eee

Post by eee »

Because it hasn't come up before this, Scarlett. If you didn't have it there wasn't much sense mentioning it, and if you did have the Gift, then waiting until it manifested would make explanations easier and less inclined to be dismissed as some sort of family fairy tale.

Also, kids seldom get told what their ancestors were up to, back in the day. For all Scarlett knows her grandfather was the para-equivalent of James Bond and Monica's G'Pa's best friend.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

eee wrote:Also, kids seldom get told what their ancestors were up to, back in the day. For all Scarlett knows her grandfather was the para-equivalent of James Bond and Monica's G'Pa's best friend.
Oh, no, now you've done it. We're going to have to write that out, aren't we?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

jwhouk wrote:
eee wrote:Also, kids seldom get told what their ancestors were up to, back in the day. For all Scarlett knows her grandfather was the para-equivalent of James Bond and Monica's G'Pa's best friend.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

--FreeFlier
eee

Post by eee »

jwhouk wrote:
Go for it!

I note Scarlett's mom has a name, now...
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

eee wrote:I note Scarlett's mom has a name, now...
Somehow I knew that name would not appear in Dette's lineage.
ShirouZhiwu

Post by ShirouZhiwu »

You have to make sure it's not the kids over active imagination. Tell a little kid they may start seeing ghosts that no one else can see and they will transmutate their imaginary friends into ghosts in their heads.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Families sure are different. In mine i grew up hearing about the many exploits of various members of my family dating back to prior to the civil war. Of course in Scarlett's case It might be more like, "no hon 'the legend of hell house' is the story the ghosts tell about your grandmother.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

ShirouZhiwu wrote:You have to make sure it's not the kids over active imagination. Tell a little kid they may start seeing ghosts that no one else can see and they will transmutate their imaginary friends into ghosts in their heads.
I might call Scarlett a lot of things but little is no longer one of them.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Post by Dave »

"Don't worry, child" says Grandma. "It hain't so bad. You don't have to feel blue."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

eee wrote:
jwhouk wrote:
Go for it!

I note Scarlett's mom has a name, now...
Aw, crap...

(runs over to the Horse Sense thread and does some judicious editing...)
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

Is Scarlet turning into the Monica of her group? I guess every generation needs someone who can see ghosts and spirits.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Drakkenmensch wrote:Is Scarlet turning into the Monica of her group? I guess every generation needs someone who can see ghosts and spirits.
Whew, at first i thought you were trying to say her boobs got bigger, and i'm like "NOPE!, Atsali has THAT locked down for this generation"... then i finished READING the sentence, and went, "oh, Yeah i guess that IS her role now: Jaguar Kitten"...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac