Club Room 2017-10-03

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
lake_wrangler

Re: Club Room 2017-10-03

Post by lake_wrangler »

FreeFlier wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:Except for the fact that Castela and Co. are not in Japan, but at Griffon High School...
We know that Castela lives in Minneapolis, but we don't know for sure where Griffon is . . . given the way they pop through gates, Griffon could be in Japan too.

--FreeFlier
True, although we never got the vibe that it was. But that does not prove it is not.

I have to admit, though, that I personally always thought Griffon High was, indeed, in Minneapolis, and that the girls used the portals merely to not alarm anyone who would have seen them on their way to school, particularly before Castela was able to hold her human form (or those times when Atsali had difficulty controlling her paranormal attributes, like her wings or her tail...)
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

[nitpick] Gryphon Middle School [/nitpick]

As for the room being haunted, I'm with you guys.
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:True, although we never got the vibe that it was. But that does not prove it is not.

I have to admit, though, that I personally always thought Griffon High was, indeed, in Minneapolis, and that the girls used the portals merely to not alarm anyone who would have seen them on their way to school, particularly before Castela was able to hold her human form (or those times when Atsali had difficulty controlling her paranormal attributes, like her wings or her tail...)
Well, Berdine said that she and Nadette had transferred to Gryphon from "out west", and Berdine also said she'd heard that the new Fae kid (Calista) was from "back east". Calista has a rather pronounced New York accent and was apparently a fan of "(her) New York style pizza" according to what she must have told Krystle.

All of that suggests to me that Gryphon itself is located somewhere in the middle of the country, east of out west and west of back east. As you say, it's not proof, but it feels like Occam's Razor to me.

(This doesn't explain how Cricket ever got ahold of decent New York style pizza, though. She's a rich kid, literally a princess, from a rich and influential Wall Street Fae family. There are no decent pizza parlors on Wall Street, land of the vested interests. Yeast is yeast, and vest is vest, and never the twain shall meet).
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Influential Wall Street types have concierges that can get anything.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Dave wrote:, and never the twain shall meet).
Mark my words, it WILL happen...
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

TazManiac wrote:Naw, there was Fire alright, but not written history- you had to sit around the fire and get the verbal narrative from the village griot...
Today you sit around the television and get the verbal narrative from the village idiot. So things haven't changed all that much.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Dave wrote:and never the twain shall meet).
Actually, that's why birds don't incorporate centaur hair in their nests...

... never the mane shall tweet.

sending the pun vault a tent-caterpillar nest picked clean of its original inhabitants and converted into a bird nest. (Yes, I really saw this happen.)
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

s-o wrote:
TazManiac wrote:Naw, there was Fire alright, but not written history- you had to sit around the fire and get the verbal narrative from the village griot...
Castela: “I am Griot!”

[ Don't Be: ] (sorry)
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Dave: Just because her family lived on Wall Street (or had some influence there) doesn't mean they (or whoever they sent to get it) couldn't leave Wall Street, or that the pizza places wouldn't deliver to Wall Street.

Unless, of course, there's some rule in New York that you can't have pizza in certain areas of the city. In which case, I won't go to New York, ever. (Not that that was likely; I never had a reason to go...)
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.