Get to the questions 2017-10-06

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

Get to the questions 2017-10-06

Post by Opus the Poet »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/get-to-the-questions/

There seems to be a ghost resembling Timothy.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Get to the questions 2017-10-06

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Um, either Scarlet knew the ghost was there all along ... or she's assuming that's Timothy talking from behind her.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Drakkenmensch

Post by Drakkenmensch »

dun dun DUUUUUUUN!!!
donoho

Post by donoho »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Um, either Scarlet knew the ghost was there all along ... or she's assuming that's Timothy talking from behind her.
Wow, didn't even consider that she didn't know there was a ghost behind her. I assumed the strong feelings she's recently displayed were based on them playing around with something she's had to deal with extensively. Also, I assume Tim's voice is squeakier than the ghost guy behind her. I assumed a Lot in that one panel. :lol:
AmriloJim
Location: 35ºN 101ºW (for the GPS-challenged, that's Amarillo TX)

Post by AmriloJim »

Also, the apparition is a lot taller than Timmy.
Cassie and Day haven't picked up on Scarlet's direct answer to the spirit. e.g.: "Who are you talking to?"
Armorlord

Post by Armorlord »

In hindsight, of course the cat can see ghosts.
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
eee

Post by eee »

I note Ghost Boy doesn't appear to have a name, yet...
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

I have often wondered if ghosts are standing around some of these ghost hunter teams you see on tv asking WTF?
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
wwf

Post by wwf »

My guess is that Ghost Boy is Scarlet's twin brother.
Scarlet seems to have known the ghost for some time and that the ghost was with her.
They seem to be the same age and height.
They seem to have the same neck, shoulders and ears. But these features are not much different than Daylia and Castela's.
Their thick eyebrows, nose and posture match and are different that the other girls appearance.
Or maybe I am just seeing things.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

No name for ghost boy? Then until Paul gives him a name, we shall call him Mervin. (because it sounds funny.)
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

oldmanmickey wrote:I have often wondered if ghosts are standing around some of these ghost hunter teams you see on tv asking WTF?
Nah, usually they're making scary faces at the hunters and giggling hysterically.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

No wonder Scarlet is so freaky about ghosts . . . Is she The Ghost Whisperer?

--FreeFlier
eee

Post by eee »

Now that I think about it, their next words are obvious.

"Spectral Being! Do you mean us harm?! We wish to communicate with you!"

If George can do it, they can do it! :lol:
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Thing is, we haven't seen Timothy since his brownie munching. Is it possible he has this "side effect" of being semi-spectral?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

jwhouk wrote:Thing is, we haven't seen Timothy since his brownie munching. Is it possible he has this "side effect" of being semi-spectral?
That depends very much on just what was in those brownies.

However, the ghost is shown as being about as tall as Scarlet. Timmy is much shorter than she. So, I don't think it's him... a student's ghost from his clothing style, but not Timmy.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Dave wrote:So, I don't think it's him... a student's ghost from his clothing style, but not Timmy.
So we're not gonna need another Timmy?
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Just Old Al wrote:
Dave wrote:So, I don't think it's him... a student's ghost from his clothing style, but not Timmy.
So we're not gonna need another Timmy?
Or, perhaps, we already have one. We don't know who "our" Timmy was named for.

It doesn't look as if the ghost died in a school laboratory explosion, but who really knows? (Other than Paul, of course).
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Aleister Crow wrote:
oldmanmickey wrote:I have often wondered if ghosts are standing around some of these ghost hunter teams you see on tv asking WTF?
Nah, usually they're making scary faces at the hunters and giggling hysterically.
You've seen that too? It's either that or unplug something useful and make it look accidental.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

So, it's some sort of a law of spookiness that ghosts can only speak when spoken to, except when speaking to certain specific people? I wonder how rule-bound they are, and who enforces such rules? Or are they just natural laws that they can't break?
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Um, either Scarlet knew the ghost was there all along ... or she's assuming that's Timothy talking from behind her.
Yeah, I was wondering which case it was. Either way could get very interesting very soon.
FreeFlier wrote:No wonder Scarlet is so freaky about ghosts . . . Is she The Ghost Whisperer?
Ghost Snarker?
Dave wrote:
jwhouk wrote:Thing is, we haven't seen Timothy since his brownie munching. Is it possible he has this "side effect" of being semi-spectral?
That depends very much on just what was in those brownies.

However, the ghost is shown as being about as tall as Scarlet. Timmy is much shorter than she. So, I don't think it's him... a student's ghost from his clothing style, but not Timmy.
Unless Timmy looks taller because the brownies made him high. . .