It happened at Mucho Mocha

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

TazManiac

Re: It happened at Mucho Mocha

Post by TazManiac »

The driver actual does have more than a passing resemblance to a certain someone I know...

(PS_ During today's travels I passed by a car lot where they have a red Sunbeam parked on the 'front' row so you can see it as everyone passes by. I missed my chance to snap a picture today but I should have another chance at the end of the week...)
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

TazManiac wrote:The driver actual does have more than a passing resemblance to a certain someone I know...

(PS_ During today's travels I passed by a car lot where they have a red Sunbeam parked on the 'front' row so you can see it as everyone passes by. I missed my chance to snap a picture today but I should have another chance at the end of the week...)
Glad I got YOU somewhat right- I think in the future I will 'translate' Paul'r characters into my particular style- Tina looks damn goofy to me...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Sarge: In regards to visual art: practice, practice, practice. I went from drawing fairly crappy 2-D dragons to drawing a mediocre picture of Ezio Auditore da Firenze (I need to unlock "Student of the Creed" in my dA page so y'all can see it) just my drawing stuff.
Then I went from that to drawing "Under Control" (my avatar) with a single semester of college art.

Other cases in point: the webcomics El Goonish Shive!, Zap!, Wapsi Square itself... And the difference between your first drawing of "I am no Cat" and your second.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

She: "What are you up to now?; we just made love a half an hour ago..."

He: "Practice, Practice, Practice..."
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

TazManiac wrote:She: "What are you up to now?; we just made love a half an hour ago..."

He: "Practice, Practice, Practice..."
"... put th' lime I th' coconut an' drink it all up''- see? delightfully smutty under the right circumstances
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

:?
I've missed a reference, haven't I? I thought I heard something whizz by over my head...
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Tina seeing Stan offer his hand.
Tina seeing Stan offer his hand.
Tina.jpg (144.83 KiB) Viewed 19538 times
Playing around- I decided to try drawing Tina Guzman using my own style... rather like the result. Whatcha think?
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Moment of truth
Moment of truth
Tina- Moment of truth (2).jpg (204.47 KiB) Viewed 19529 times
Didn't like that one- how's this?
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

(blows dust off thread)

Geez, this has been so long since this was active, I don't recall when exactly this happened in the story?
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

jwhouk wrote:(blows dust off thread)

Geez, this has been so long since this was active, I don't recall when exactly this happened in the story?
This is the story where Tina meets Stan- the image shown is the moment after Stan sees Tina doing "Light's out, nobody Home," and he reaches out and touches her face to show he is not repulsed... "Moment of Truth,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

"Tina," the short girl interjected, "do the 'lights out, nobody home' routine,"
And with that, Tina's eye sockets went empty, her jaw fell slack and she more or less froze in place.

Stan's jaw dropped and his eyes went wide. It had to be the feakiest thing he had ever seen... aside of the quarter ton beast that sat next to her...

"THAT is all that remains of Tina Guzman- her personal demons are who you have been in communication with," the short one explained.

There was a flash, and Tina once more had silver eyes and a responsive face- and she looked at Stan to see his reaction with a worried expression. Stan fully understood- she was waiting to see if he was totally repulsed.
Was he? Freaked out, yes that was a given. Not quite grasping... well, let's be real here- it's not like she's ashamed of some stupid tattoo, this is rather earth-shaking.

Repulsed? Yes... but not completely. He had seen pictures of himself asleep the morning after a wild time and THAT wasn't pretty either... but here was a situation where original body and soul had parted company... and now was being run by what amounted to the doubts and fears of the original owner? THAT would take some adjustment, to say the least.
He walked over to her and stood just before her. Her eyes were pleading with his for acceptance, his own eyes full of uncertainty- finally, he caressed her face with his hand, she closed her eyes and wept, a smile breaking across her face.
"I... can make no promises at this time... but I would like to take you out for a ride again,"
She grabbed his hand and kissed it, tears flowing freely.
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Ah yes. Memorable.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

(i keep trying to get out, but they keep drawing me back in...)
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

TazManiac wrote:(i keep trying to get out, but they keep drawing me back in...)
Check yer mail
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Taz and Meadows.jpg
Taz and Meadows.jpg (136.46 KiB) Viewed 19347 times
OK- could not post this in PM either because I can't or because I don't know how- preliminary drawing of Taz talking to Mr. Meadows. Taz I need feedback- whatcha think?
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Damn near spot-on.

I cant really fill in the sides of a beard, genetically, so I usually shave the sides and grow the van Dyke. (Yours is mine but caricatured...)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facial_ha ... acial_hair <-- describes #4 as a 'French Cut', but when you click on the actual reference picture it reverts to 'van Dyke'.

I just ran across a picture of mine in Pop's archives.
I'll see what I can come up w/ in a few days.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

TazManiac wrote:Damn near spot-on.

I cant really fill in the sides of a beard, genetically, so I usually shave the sides and grow the van Dyke. (Yours is mine but caricatured...)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facial_ha ... acial_hair <-- describes #4 as a 'French Cut', but when you click on the actual reference picture it reverts to 'van Dyke'.

I just ran across a picture of mine in Pop's archives.
I'll see what I can come up w/ in a few days.

I will run with it- I have a few more illustrations to do, this one will model the rest for your face. Work is going surprisingly well and I have a local print shop that will turn it into a pamphlet with full color at a reasonable price, like a decent fast-food meal per copy.
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
I will run with it- I have a few more illustrations to do, this one will model the rest for your face. Work is going surprisingly well and I have a local print shop that will turn it into a pamphlet with full color at a reasonable price, like a decent fast-food meal per copy.
Sign me up for a couple of copies...It'll be a hoot just to have your art on paper that I didn't print. :)

Alan
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Curious how your treatment of my crazy toons would look. I should send you my drafts sometime.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

DinkyInky wrote:Curious how your treatment of my crazy toons would look. I should send you my drafts sometime.

Would love it- as of today, I am $3,742.87 away from retirement (My last debt). By Christmas I will hang up my uniform and stay home. Then I work on things because I WANT to work on them!!! Go ahead and send me your drafts- antiquegunsmith@hotmail.com - I'll see what I can do
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.