By The Nose 2017-07-13

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Catawampus

Re: By The Nose 2017-07-13

Post by Catawampus »

eee wrote:I can't see why anyone would tape their nipples, though.
To keep them from falling off. Perhaps this is another quirk of succubus physiology (similar to the prehensile tail with a mind of its own), and Atsali is in for yet another shock when that aspect of her heritage starts to manifest itself.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Or, more simply: It's a way to publicly expose the breasts without getting in trouble for having her nipples showing. And part of that is to be enticing without showing everything. Kind of like how some women go for wearing bikinis with the tiniest amount of fabric possible.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

Alkarii wrote:Actually, as I'd stated in another thread, that isn't electrical tape, but nipple tape. It has a weaker adhesive, and probably a different material as well.
um, Maybe... I'm an electrician IRL so i have to use the stuff every day, and the adhesive on normal electrical tape is actually pretty weak when only in contact with your skin, after about an hour or so, depending on exertion levels causing the skin to sweat, and humidity/moisture content around the location of the body you put the tape onto, it'll fall off on it's own. for example, if I'm in a tight spot, or a long way away from a med-kit, and i accidentally cut myself with the wire cutter/knife at work, i just use my electrical tape as a temp band-aid; and if you don't wrap it completely around the injured area (ie, finger) and make it stick to itself, it WILL fall off before too long, so that idea of nipple tape having a WEAKER adhesive, I'm not too sure about that, I'd say that it is a Stronger adhesive, or at least a formula that is maximized for skin contact rather than itself, like the glue used for special effects make-up/latex masks and stuff like that... YMMV... but in real life, i can buy a fifty yard roll of vinyl electrical tape for less than a buck practically anywhere, and I'll bet that your so called "nipple-tape" is a hell of a lot more expensive for a hell of a lot LESS length, AND only found in certain "Adult" stores. Stores that I'll bet she's still too young to legally enter... therefore, Occam's Razor says that the pics we've seen are more than likely Electrical Tape than anything else...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

scantrontb wrote:
Alkarii wrote:Actually, as I'd stated in another thread, that isn't electrical tape, but nipple tape. It has a weaker adhesive, and probably a different material as well.
um, Maybe... I'm an electrician IRL so i have to use the stuff every day, and the adhesive on normal electrical tape is actually pretty weak when only in contact with your skin, after about an hour or so, depending on exertion levels causing the skin to sweat, and humidity/moisture content around the location of the body you put the tape onto, it'll fall off on it's own. for example, if I'm in a tight spot, or a long way away from a med-kit, and i accidentally cut myself with the wire cutter/knife at work, i just use my electrical tape as a temp band-aid; and if you don't wrap it completely around the injured area (ie, finger) and make it stick to itself, it WILL fall off before too long, so that idea of nipple tape having a WEAKER adhesive, I'm not too sure about that, I'd say that it is a Stronger adhesive, or at least a formula that is maximized for skin contact rather than itself, like the glue used for special effects make-up/latex masks and stuff like that... YMMV... but in real life, i can buy a fifty yard roll of vinyl electrical tape for less than a buck practically anywhere, and I'll bet that your so called "nipple-tape" is a hell of a lot more expensive for a hell of a lot LESS length, AND only found in certain "Adult" stores. Stores that I'll bet she's still too young to legally enter... therefore, Occam's Razor says that the pics we've seen are more than likely Electrical Tape than anything else...
More likely the nipple tape is hypoallergenic, so she won't have an allergic reaction to the tape or adhesive.

And she can buy it mail order . . . assuming her mom doesn't buy it for her.

--FreeFlier
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

From what little I'd just seen online, yes, you CAN use electrical tape, but it has to be the high end variety, up to $15 a roll. However, you can also go with purpose made covers or tapes that are actually cheaper.

Edit: And after doing a little more research, apparently it's rather common to see covers designed in the cross shape. There are both disposable and reusable varieties available, as cheap as a few cents per pair, although sold in multiple pairs for a couple bucks. One of the functions of these is to allow a woman to go braless without having her nipples showing, and also to protect them from friction with the shirt, which apparently is a problem for joggers/runners that can lead to bleeding.

As for having to get it from an adult store... One, either she's legally an adult in those pics (which I think is safe to assume), or, her mother is also a succubus, and has no qualms getting it for her if she was underage. Hell, her mom could very well have helped her shop for the outfits.
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

Unrelated but mildly amusing tape incident... I needed to buy some specialty tape that's rather expensive. The shop didn't have any in stock, but they could order some... nearly $90 for a 50-inch roll.

Now granted, the stuff is 6 inches WIDE, but still... and I needed 10 feet of it.

And something was bugging me about it...

... as we walked up to the counter to write up the order, I remembered that I'd bought some before. At a shop that would cut four feet from a stock roll and sell it to me. So the roll was much longer than 50 inches. And it was expensive, but well under a dollar an inch.

I said that before they wrote up a $270 order for three rolls, I wanted to actually look at the catalog myself.

There's a huge difference between 50" and 50'. Rather larger than the difference between single and double quotes.

I decided to order only one roll.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Warrl wrote: Now granted, the stuff is 6 inches WIDE, but still... and I needed 10 feet of it.
{innocent} Damn big nipples for THAT tape.... {/innocent}

I'll get me coat.
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
Dave

Post by Dave »

Just Old Al wrote:
Warrl wrote:Now granted, the stuff is 6 inches WIDE, but still... and I needed 10 feet of it.
That's enough exotic nipple tape to ensure the modesty of a small herd at a dairy.

A bovine chorus line? Cows and effect? "An Udder Scandal" screamed the headlines!

Gary Larson would be proud.
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

6 inch wide nipple tape eh? Well, try this one on for size....

Family story -- back in the 1950s, my parents were newlyweds and I wasn't around yet. They had been invited to a swanky party, and mom wanted to try a strapless dress. The latest fashion thing were stick-on bra cups! Well, they worked, and the dress looked great. Party success, social standing approved, etc, etc.

Then came the time to take them off. Oops. Did I mention they were Stick! On! (tm)!

Half an hour with vegetable oil, mineral oil, turpentine, paint thinner, and finally Ronson Lighter fluid later....

Yeah, it hurt. Mom never used those again. But her nipples were safely hidden!
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Stick-on bra cups, where our motto is that you'll never have to worry about accidental uncoverings...

I guess they didn't believe in "wardrobe malfunctions", back then... :lol:
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Just Old Al wrote:
Warrl wrote: Now granted, the stuff is 6 inches WIDE, but still... and I needed 10 feet of it.

I'll get me coat.
Perhaps:

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

I miss Giant Girl. :(
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

jwhouk wrote:I miss Giant Girl. :(
Me, too. :(

Have you seen her (NSFW) Spying with Lana crossover? I'm gonna miss that, also. :mrgreen:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
AnotherFairportfan

Typeminer wrote:
jwhouk wrote:I miss Giant Girl. :(
Me, too. :(

Have you seen her (NSFW) Spying with Lana crossover? I'm gonna miss that, also. :mrgreen:
"Spying with Lana" doesn;t do much for me.

Of course, there was the Wapsi/Giant Girl crossover...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Do they make 8-ball shirts that big?
AnotherFairportfan

Alkarii wrote:Do they make 8-ball shirts that big?
They make Magic 8-ball shirts in ANY size.

Have you seen how tiny Monica's before she puts it on?
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

True one-size-fits-all.

--FreeFlier