Fireworks

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

Fireworks

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Just as Maggie and Natalie had never seen a circus, leading to me remedying that omission, they hd never seen a real live fireworks display.

Well, they can cross THAT off their bucket lists.

I also took the opportunity to try out my new tripod and wireless remote for the camera. The shots you're going to see range from one to about five seconds, ISO 200, variously at f8, f11 and f22. I shot both RAW and JPG; these images are taken from the 24 megapixel "FINE" JPGs, because for this i didn't want to fiddle around with developing RAW images.

I loaded them into Paint Shop Pro, and then saved them at full resolution in PSPIMAGE, PSP native format.

I did all the editing in PSP native, then output them as PNGs The PNGs are full-resolution (the original JPGs haven't been modified), cropped to 5 x 7 proportions because i happen to have a box of 5 x 7" glossy paper on hand and will be printing them.

I resized these to (A) get them the same size on screen (they're all sorts of different sizes to fit the image portions i wanted into the 5 x 7 proportions) and (B) save bandwidth.

Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Catawampus

Re: Fireworks

Post by Catawampus »

Nice pictures.

All of the official public fireworks displays here got rained out, as we had big thunderstorms every evening this month. The unofficial fireworks displays, on the other hand, were plentiful. Not always quite legal, but plentiful.

Of course, around here a lot of people just go out and fire a couple hundred rounds of ammo into the sky instead of buying firecrackers.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

It was thundering earlier, and there was rain less than an hour before show time.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Peoria has the Red White and Boom. Pretty big deal.

We also have the "White Oak Lake "the cops totally know about it but they don't know nuttin about it" competitive redneck neighbors with potato guns, gunpowder, and highly illegal fireworks" show.

Where I used to live, I could sit on the front porch and watch.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!