Fan Art

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

jwhouk

Re: Fan Art

Post by jwhouk »

You knew I had to do this:

"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Boy if THAT don't scare the PUCK out of you...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

That little "dustup" deserved a coloring. I decided to go with Institution Beige for the color of the walls, but left the graying background to give it some texture.

"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

*turns cart-wheels* Well Done!
Dave

Post by Dave »

That is indeed a great eye catcher!

Although I would not call that wall color "institutional beige". It's closer to "institutional puke-green" and thus on the approved list for use in all schools and community centers.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Inasmuch as this is a nice, amusing bit, is there a reason why Atsali's tail is gray, while the rest of her skin is, well, skin coloured?
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

lake_wrangler wrote:Inasmuch as this is a nice, amusing bit, is there a reason why Atsali's tail is gray, while the rest of her skin is, well, skin coloured?
Intentional. ;)

Her "natural" skin color is the gray, but when she's in school mode, it's the Caucasian-color. Except, of course, when Mister "Cutie Tail" comes out to play. Or comes out when she's asserting her succubus side.

Like, say, when she's angry.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

jwhouk wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:Inasmuch as this is a nice, amusing bit, is there a reason why Atsali's tail is gray, while the rest of her skin is, well, skin coloured?
Intentional. ;)

Her "natural" skin color is the gray, but when she's in school mode, it's the Caucasian-color. Except, of course, when Mister "Cutie Tail" comes out to play. Or comes out when she's asserting her succubus side.

Oh, good. I knew her natural skin color was gray. But I wasn't sure if in this instance, it was intentional, or a blooper. But it sounds like you have spent some time thinking about it, to make it a rational, intentional decision.

Or, at the very least, you were able to come up with a rational explanation to cover up a blooper... :P

So, which is it? The world may never know... 8-) :lol:
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

lake_wrangler wrote:
jwhouk wrote:
Intentional. ;)

Oh, good. I knew her natural skin color was gray. But I wasn't sure if in this instance, it was intentional, or a blooper. But it sounds like you have spent some time thinking about it, to make it a rational, intentional decision.

Or, at the very least, you were able to come up with a rational explanation to cover up a blooper... :P

So, which is it? The world may never know... 8-) :lol:
That's his story and he's sticking to it.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Dave wrote:That is indeed a great eye catcher!

Although I would not call that wall color "institutional beige". It's closer to "institutional puke-green" and thus on the approved list for use in all schools and community centers.
Technically it's Mint . . . though I've never seen a mint plant that color.

And the Community Center in my home town emphatically did not use it . . . and by the time I graduated, neither did the schools. Of course, I'm not sure that one formulation of Mountain Dawn was an improvement . . . it turned a thoroughly disgusting color under fluorescent lights. Fortunately they figured it out really fast . . . only one room.

And it wasn't my home-room. :twisted:

--FreeFlier
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Atsali's normal skin colour is a slightly blue-tinted white, not a grey type hue...

just say'n.
shadowinthelight

Post by shadowinthelight »

I can't even do one.

Julie, about Wapsi Square wrote:Oh goodness yes. So much paranormal!

Image My deviantART and YouTube.
I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!
Dave

Post by Dave »

(Hums "Basketball Jones... I got a Basketball Jones...")
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

FreeFlier wrote:

Have you noticed how many things with mint oil in them are green?

It's food coloring. Mint oil looks like water.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Warrl wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:

Have you noticed how many things with mint oil in them are green?

It's food coloring. Mint oil looks like water.
Mint plants are green . . . but it's an attractive medium-dark green, just a bit off Forest Green. Where that repulsive institutional shade got associated with mint I'll never understand.

--FreeFlier
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

FreeFlier wrote:Mint plants are green . . .
Which is rather less than a distinguishing feature of them. Most non-microscopic plants have, at least, green leaves.

Another common color for combinations with mint oil, is red. A rather bright red. AFAIK there is nothing red about mint.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Warrl wrote:Another common color for combinations with mint oil, is red. A rather bright red. AFAIK there is nothing red about mint.
"Nothing red" isn't strictly correct in all cases.

And then, of course, there are those really off-the-wall sparks who have been working on a genetic fusion of spearmint, peppermint, and scorpion pepper. The resulting hot-and-cold flavor confuses the hell out of food critics (those it doesn't incapacitate immediately, that is).
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Mint plants are green . . . but it's an attractive medium-dark green, just a bit off Forest Green. Where that repulsive institutional shade got associated with mint I'll never understand.
I think it comes from things like Mint Ice Cream and other types of stuff like confections & sauces/chutneys... Their pastel nature got associated w/ 'Mint' as a color.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

TazManiac wrote:
I think it comes from things like Mint Ice Cream and other types of stuff like confections & sauces/chutneys... Their pastel nature got associated w/ 'Mint' as a color.
So be accurate and call it "Mint Ice Cream" instead.

Of course, I used to know someone who liked licorice ice cream . . . it looked like wet cement.

--FreeFlier
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

line.jpg
line.jpg (111.26 KiB) Viewed 12508 times
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.