In Charge 2016-12-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Opus the Poet

In Charge 2016-12-07

Post by Opus the Poet »

My nose is running! Linky http://wapsisquare.com/comic/in-charge/
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
jeffepp

Re: In Charge 2016-12-06

Post by jeffepp »

It's karma from all those prank calls she made. Because, we all know she made them.
Swedish Chef

Re: In Charge 2016-12-07

Post by Swedish Chef »

Her next nickname will be Miss Potato-Head
Lurk lurk lurk!
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

then two is serious otherwise she would have done ripped his head off
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Dave

Post by Dave »

jeffepp wrote:It's karma from all those prank calls she made. Because, we all know she made them.
Will a pancake-flattened nose, if squashed and rolled out, make a can suitable for holding Prince Albert?
oldmanmickey wrote:then two is serious otherwise she would have done ripped his head off
He'd get better. He'd probably go for a walk...
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Could be worse... her refrigerator could have been running... I once dreamt that I was onboard a B-17 on it's way to Germany with nothing more on my body than a ratty set of longjohns. And the crew was laughing at me. It was weird...
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Dave wrote:
jeffepp wrote:It's karma from all those prank calls she made. Because, we all know she made them.
Will a pancake-flattened nose, if squashed and rolled out, make a can suitable for holding Prince Albert?
oldmanmickey wrote:then two is serious otherwise she would have done ripped his head off
He'd get better. He'd probably go for a walk...
I (think) I understood that reference...

(What I'm thinking you're referencing is this scene, and then Alucards enthusiastic walks... his very enthusiastic walks :twisted: )
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Dave

Post by Dave »

GlytchMeister wrote:[I (think) I understood that reference...

(What I'm thinking you're referencing is this scene, and then Alucards enthusiastic walks... his very enthusiastic walks :twisted: )
No, actually, it was two references from Monty Python and the Holy Grail: the villager who claimed that the "witch" had turned him into a newt ("I got better.") and the old man who insisted he was still alive and shouldn't be thrown on the cart of corpses ("I'm not dead yet! I feel happy! I think I'll go for a walk.")
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

The following personal story is not a joke.

Well, it is a joke, but it happens to be true.

About 20 years ago, I had this strange dream that I was treed by a rhinoceros. Never had dreamed about a rhinoceros before. Woke up disoriented, and wondering what the hell that was about.

A few days later, I came down with a really bad cold. I don't get many colds.

And then it hit me:

Colds are caused by rhinoviruses.

My ex says this explains something about me. But she won't say what. :mrgreen:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Although no one has mentioned it, I'm sure someone has noticed that Justin, just like Kevin, a few days ago, has been on the receiving end of a design restructuring.

Here's my theory, on this:

Some time after their last appearance, all the males were put on a bus*...

And somewhere, along the way, the bus had a terrible accident! However, it was not enough to kill the passengers, but they were, however, disfigured! Consequently, they were the recipients of some Magic Plastic Surgery.

Henceforth, Justin will now be known as Justin (2.0?), and Kevin will be known as Kevin (2.0?)

Either that, or real life kept Kevin and Justin busy, forcing Paul to pull a The Other Darrin... :P

*Warning: TV tropes will ruin your life!
Dave

Post by Dave »

lake_wrangler wrote:Although no one has mentioned it, I'm sure someone has noticed that Justin, just like Kevin, a few days ago, has been on the receiving end of a design restructuring.[/url]
Yeah, I did notice that.

This may be Pablo's way of reinforcing the fact that a few years of strip-time have slipped by since we last saw them. Kevin's appearance could be expected to change over that time. We know Justin is effectively immortal, but it's certainly possible that his appearance also changes over time (perhaps as part of the Masquerade).

(On the main site, Jabberwonky commented that "You’d think an actual Titan and the Sage of the Forest could afford a better apartment than Shelly’s back alley ‘efficiency’…". It's possible that Pablo is simply telling us that her flat isn't just on any alley, but actually overlooks Minneapolis's version of Gasoline Alley.)
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Dave wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:Although no one has mentioned it, I'm sure someone has noticed that Justin, just like Kevin, a few days ago, has been on the receiving end of a design restructuring.[/url]
Yeah, I did notice that.
We're talking about the guys, but look at Shelly. He's emphasising the musclulature more and more - some of the art for sale on eBay has her almost grotesquely muscled. I think we're looking at an evolution.
(On the main site, Jabberwonky commented that "You’d think an actual Titan and the Sage of the Forest could afford a better apartment than Shelly’s back alley ‘efficiency’…". It's possible that Pablo is simply telling us that her flat isn't just on any alley, but actually overlooks Minneapolis's version of Gasoline Alley.)
If i might suggest - what if it's a loft in the same building with the garage?
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

AnotherFairportfan wrote: If i might suggest - what if it's a loft in the same building with the garage?
i doubt that, because then she wouldn't need to worry about her car the time that Heather asked her out on the date. it implied that she was driving into work from elsewhere.
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Having been to the uptown Minneapolis area, I'd say her apartment isn't quite an efficiency.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin