New Toy 2016-11-30

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Dave

Re: New Toy 2016-11-30

Post by Dave »

Catawampus wrote:If she's been saving up money since Lanthian days, she could indeed be powerfully solvent. She could probably provide solutions to many of life's annoyances that way.
True, but her notoriously-short temper tends to interfere with the solutions. She was always rather precipitate.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Dave wrote:
Catawampus wrote:If she's been saving up money since Lanthian days, she could indeed be powerfully solvent. She could probably provide solutions to many of life's annoyances that way.
True, but her notoriously-short temper tends to interfere with the solutions. She was always rather precipitate.
I think that she's gained a bit more equilibrium lately, though.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Observations:
Dave-Cat reaction quickly reaches critical mass and becomes self-sufficient, each providing plenty of lead-in for the other to pun, with very little loss in potential for the next turn of the cycle.
No method for prematurely halting the cycle has yet been found. Best technique for damage mitigation is to evacuate to a safe distance and wait for the reaction to lose momentum and stall out. However, new Wapsi comics have an alarming tendency to provide perfect conditions for new Dave-Cat reactions to spontaneously develop.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Well, when she's not at Base she can be very Sour...
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

GlytchMeister wrote:Observations:
Dave-Cat reaction quickly reaches critical mass and becomes self-sufficient, each providing plenty of lead-in for the other to pun, with very little loss in potential for the next turn of the cycle.
No method for prematurely halting the cycle has yet been found. Best technique for damage mitigation is to evacuate to a safe distance and wait for the reaction to lose momentum and stall out. However, new Wapsi comics have an alarming tendency to provide perfect conditions for new Dave-Cat reactions to spontaneously develop.
These reactions do tend to saturate the medium rather rapidly. :mrgreen:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Is that due the the presence of a cat-alyst?

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

FreeFlier wrote:Is that due the the presence of a cat-alyst?
I'll have you know that all of the cats of my acquaintance are perfectly capable of navigating in a straight line. Not a single one of them walks with a list.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Ah, but if your cats have been successfully playing in movies, behind your back, they may just be A-listed...
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Dave wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:Is that due the the presence of a cat-alyst?
I'll have you know that all of the cats of my acquaintance are perfectly capable of navigating in a straight line. Not a single one of them walks with a list.
We had several that did . . . at least when they were at ramming speed for ankle-polishing.

If you moved at the last minute, they'd fall over.

--FreeFlier
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

TazManiac wrote:Well, when she's not at Base she can be very Sour...
Bit of an acid tongue on her, eh?
Dave wrote:I'll have you know that all of the cats of my acquaintance are perfectly capable of navigating in a straight line. Not a single one of them walks with a list.
*staggers in, flails about a bit, then keels over*

THat'S tHe lasT Time i ferMENT NePEta cATAria juiCE. . .
FreeFlier wrote:We had several that did . . . at least when they were at ramming speed for ankle-polishing.

--FreeFlier
I had a cat who would like to perch upright on a nearby stool and watch me when I was cooking. One day I tapped one of her front paws, and she lifted it up, shook it, then set it back down. So I tapped her other front paw, and she did the same thing with that one. I went back and forth that way a couple of times, and she responded the same each time.

Then I tapped both of her front paws at the same time, she lifted them both simultaneously, overbalanced, and fell forward off of the seat with a startled squawk.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Catawampus wrote: . . .
Dave wrote:I'll have you know that all of the cats of my acquaintance are perfectly capable of navigating in a straight line. Not a single one of them walks with a list.
*staggers in, flails about a bit, then keels over*

THat'S tHe lasT Time i ferMENT NePEta cATAria juiCE. . .
. . . I had forgotten this, but a friend had a (rather strange) cat who, after a party, drank the left-overs from a number of glasses* . . . eventually she gave up on trying to walk and just laid there on the floor until someone poured her into bed.

She was rather foul-tempered for a couple of days afterwards. :roll: :roll: :roll:

*Until her humans realized what she was doing and cleared all of the glasses.
Catawampus wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:We had several that did . . . at least when they were at ramming speed for ankle-polishing.

I had a cat who would like to perch upright on a nearby stool and watch me when I was cooking. One day I tapped one of her front paws, and she lifted it up, shook it, then set it back down. So I tapped her other front paw, and she did the same thing with that one. I went back and forth that way a couple of times, and she responded the same each time.

Then I tapped both of her front paws at the same time, she lifted them both simultaneously, overbalanced, and fell forward off of the seat with a startled squawk.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's mean!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw a cat go to sleep on a windowsill . . . and fall off! :lol: :lol: :lol: He was so disconcerted he couldn't even do the "I meant to do that"!

We had two cats - brothers - for a while, and they were alike in coloring . . . and almost nothing else.

The house we were living in had wide outside windowsills, and they liked to sit up there and watch what was going on inside . . . But you could tell which one had just jumped onto the windowsill without even looking around!

Thump! That was Boots . . . by the time you looked around, he'd be all tucked in like he'd been there for hours.

Thump! scrabblescrabblescrapescramble . . . when the noises stopped and you looked around, Smokey would still be dragging a leg up onto the windowsill. And sometimes the scrabbling would slide down the wall . . . or start below the windowsill and slide down . . . Smokey was a klutz!

--FreeFlier
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

" 'Twas once there two cats of Kilkenny-
each thought there was one cat too many-
so they spat and they spit
and they clawed and they bit
'till except for their nails
and the tips of their tails-
Instead of TWO cats, there 'TWERN'T ANY!" ;)
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.