Cheeky 2016-11-22

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Alkarii

Re: Cheeky 2016-11-22

Post by Alkarii »

Oh! No, I'm talking about within the comic itself, viewed separately from others. If I was reading a comic about lesbians, where, right from the start, it tells you it's about a lesbian community, then it would be fine.

It's kind of like taking a drink of lemonade, and expecting apple juice. Both are decent drinks, but if you get drink one thing and expect another, it won't taste right at all.
There is no such thing as a science experiment gone wrong.
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

Edit: I don't recall hitting the quote button... The heck...? I haven't smoked anything today...
Last edited by Alkarii on Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

People go on Vacation and do all kinds of things they don't want the folks back home to know about. I'm hoping this is one of those cases, not to devalue any particular type of relationship, but c'mon we just heard 'What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas' (but it's Madagascar...).

I don't think Katherine is All Of A Sudden A Lesbian, Oh My!*- instead I think she took a trip, got away from the conventional, and enjoyed the company of like minded Adults.

I'm pretty sure the members of the Chamber of Commerce would agree that 'Girls Visiting From Out of Town' need to be greeted with Respect & Enthusiasm...

Sending them home to speak highly about their trip to 'our town' is good for everybody.

*Not that there' anything wrong with that...
Warrl

Post by Warrl »

GlytchMeister wrote:Ok, y'know what, I'm vacillating on this topic. Wapsi Square might be filling a void, but then again, I'm swinging between that viewpoint and the "Wapsi Square could stand to be more representitive of the diversity of the IRL population"
I know that my consumption of media is decidedly atypical, but I'm not personally seeing any such void. Rather the contrary: cisgender monogamous heterosexual same-species - or cross-species in worlds where that is not strange - couples are significantly under-represented. (Granted, that probably still leaves them a slight majority.)

And that's after I give a pass to Rain, considering that "lgbt" is right there in the URL and it's primarily about being transgender. Its disproportionately non-cisgender/non-heterosexual cast goes with the territory.
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

TazManiac wrote:I don't think Katherine is All Of A Sudden A Lesbian, Oh My!*- instead I think she took a trip, got away from the conventional, and enjoyed the company of like minded Adults.]
Somebody on the comments at the page said:
Say, Kath is six different people. She could be straight, gay, bi, pan, ace, and trans, all at once.
Kinda like Harem at Grrl Power.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
illiad

Post by illiad »

hey, the way people are 'assuming' here, you might think ALL girls are gay!!! :D

I have two sisters, and they are definitely not, but they are VERY close, even with their girlfriends.... :P (and northern UK people much more 'open' than most... :) )

As for kath, with her past, she needs a change to relax! :mrgreen:
Alkarii

Post by Alkarii »

You know, it's entirely possible that Bryn is trans. Though, as I don't remember seeing any in the comic, I doubt it.

However, if Kath is about to get into a lesbian relationship, that could lead to some interesting awkward moments between her and Atsali or Nadette, or Bryn with either of them. Like, say, one asking the other for advice, and the advisee getting more advice than they wanted, or just not quite the advice they sought.

(Wow, now advice doesn't sound like a word...)
Deuce

Post by Deuce »

I wonder if we'll ever find out what happened the Original Wapsi Lesbian. Just what IS Heather up to, these days... I think the last time I saw her I was in high school.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Last we saw she was angsting over whether or not to move in with Vicki. I suspect that she did, after a calming talk with Shelly.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:Last we saw she was angsting over whether or not to move in with Vicki. I suspect that she did, after a calming talk with Shelly.
Which, as i recall, was also calming for Shelly...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.