My Answers 2016-10-26

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
donoho

My Answers 2016-10-26

Post by donoho »

http://wapsisquare.com/comic/my-answers/

Wow. Castela is full of more awesome that I can even put into words.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: My Answers 2016-10-26

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Lily knows somethin'

She does NOT want Pickle to know it.

Based on what we've seen, she is a wise woman.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jeffepp

Post by jeffepp »

Somebody knows something alright. Enough to set a trap.
Dave

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Lily knows somethin'

And, she's probably a bit uncertain about the wisdom of bearding a Sphinx in her den (well, in her Library) in order to get it. Especially a Sphinx who dotes on the li'l stinkweed.
Based on what we've seen, she is a wise woman.
She knows where not to rush in. Although, in this case, it's not so much "rush in" as "be pulled along in the kid's wake." Lily seems to be desperately appealing to those on the other side of the Fourth Wall to do something fer crying out loud!

I'm remembering Dawn, breaking into the Magic Shop to get a read through Giles' diary. That did not end at all well.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

G'Ma Lily does not look particularly happy with the direction of this line of inquiry. :ugeek:
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Quick!, employ the Flying Tackle!
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

I am not sure where this is going except THAT fuse is LIT and AIN'T NOBODY GONNA SNUFF IT OUT!!!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
AnotherFairportfan

Dave wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:Lily knows somethin'

And, she's probably a bit uncertain about the wisdom of bearding a Sphinx in her den (well, in her Library) in order to get it. Especially a Sphinx who dotes on the li'l stinkweed.
...and who came *THAT* close to ripping her head off the first time they met.

Despite Phix's expressed admiration for Lily (and Suzi) during the chewing-out of M & S, she might still revert if taken sufficiently by surprise.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Poor g'ma Lily can see no way this ends well for her. Given her reaction the first time she met Cricket to learn a bit about her actual history and the fact she is older plus stronger now if she finds out she is indirectly the cause of what happened to her sister it wont be good. I dont know that a vampire and sphinx working together could stop her if she goes ballistic. Best thing she could do is call for backup and hope they react the way they did on the lethal weapon series when Riggs called for backup. "He called for backup? Send swat, send the hostage negotiator, send every damn body now!"
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

oldmanmickey wrote:Poor g'ma Lily can see no way this ends well for her. Given her reaction the first time she met Cricket to learn a bit about her actual history and the fact she is older plus stronger now if she finds out she is indirectly the cause of what happened to her sister it wont be good. I dont know that a vampire and sphinx working together could stop her if she goes ballistic. Best thing she could do is call for backup and hope they react the way they did on the lethal weapon series when Riggs called for backup. "He called for backup? Send swat, send the hostage negotiator, send every damn body now!"
Greg's phone fired off with the opening strains of "Dueling Banjos"- he activated it without looking at the number.
"Howard here," he responded.
"Sgt. Howard we have an emergency!!! Castela has learned about Atsali's actual background, how her parents got killed and..."
"Sorry that I'm not in at the moment, but if you leave your name and number and other pertinent information, I will get back with you as soon as circumstances allow- please wait for the beep- MEEEEP!"
Greg then listened to the frustrated voice at the other end and hung up.
"What was THAT all about?" Annie asked him.
"Telemarketer- nothing to worry 'bout," he replied.
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Just Old Al

Post by Just Old Al »

Sgt. Howard wrote:[
Greg's phone fired off with the opening strains of "Dueling Banjos"- he activated it without looking at the number.
"Howard here," he responded.
"Sgt. Howard we have an emergency!!! Castela has learned about Atsali's actual background, how her parents got killed and..."
"Sorry that I'm not in at the moment, but if you leave your name and number and other pertinent information, I will get back with you as soon as circumstances allow- please wait for the beep- MEEEEP!"
Greg then listened to the frustrated voice at the other end and hung up.
"What was THAT all about?" Annie asked him.
"Telemarketer- nothing to worry 'bout," he replied.
Al looked up from his desk - a familiar vibration was shaking his shirt pocket, and the strains of "Death March Of A Marionette" trilled into the air.

Ari looked up as well, surprised at the tune. "Aren't you going to answer that?"

"My dear, there are some things being the pointy end of the spear teaches one - and that is to avoid people who want to put you out there at the pointy end whenever possible." With that, they went back to the reports. Al's phone went off twice more till he pulled it from his pocket and slung it into a drawer.

Sarge, I think we have the beginning of something here... :)
"The Empire was founded on cups of tea, mate, and if you think I am going to war without one you are sadly mistaken."
eee

Post by eee »

Castela, ask yourself WHY your grandma might be BS'ing you and trying hard to keep you from getting answers. Since you know she loves you, and normally shoots square with you, that she's doing this now would suggest you're heading into dangerous territory.

Lily, be honest. Tell her what she wants to find out is going to REALLY upset her AND Atsali, and she might want to wait until she is mentally and emotionally tougher before she takes on such a massive burden of knowledge.

None of this is going to happen, of course. They're on a headlong rush towards the Truth, for better or worse.

(I wonder if Phix already knows about Atsali and Castela, or if she's never thought to look them up in the Library's records.)
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

Come on, Lily. You've been around long enough to know that you should speak plainly and be specific. Especially when dealing with children/minors.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

---

My cell phone rang - Ride of the Valkyries echoed over the ancient speaker on my LG Cosmos.

I looked down, and the contact picture showed a set of fanged teeth with the bottom of a pair of pince-nez glasses on the screen.

Oh HELL no, I'm not answering that, I thought. I clicked on "ignore" and went back to sleep.

A few minutes later, the phone rang again. This time it was a 612 number... 612-867-5309. "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun."

Oh yeah, I bet, I thought, silencing my phone again. Something must be up...

I decided to just turn off my phone at that point.
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Grantcmccormick

Post by Grantcmccormick »

I think Lilly is right to be worried, but not too worried — Castela has already stated that the Phix is in.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Pickle, be very sure you want to open that bale of snakes . . . what has been learned cannot be un-learned.

--FreeFlier
Armorlord

Post by Armorlord »

I suspect Lily knows, her reactions are too immediate and she isn't expressing curiosity of her own. She's MIB and good at her job, chances are low that that she didn't make her own inquiry into her daughter's kids. She either knows enough to be worried, or knows her inquiry ran into some scary classified walls.
My guess is the Phix does not know, while she's with the Library, it doesn't seem like she is as dialed into MIB operations. Could be wrong, but that's my feeling.
"Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience." -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Gyrrakavian wrote:Come on, Lily. You've been around long enough to know that you should speak plainly and be specific. Especially when dealing with children/minors.
Particularly when said minor is A) your own adopted granddaughter, and B) she can smell BS a mile away... :mrgreen:
AnotherFairportfan

Gyrrakavian wrote:Come on, Lily. You've been around long enough to know that you should speak plainly and be specific. Especially when dealing with children/minors.
Or Suzi McBride
Dave

Post by Dave »

FreeFlier wrote:Pickle, be very sure you want to open that bale of snakes . . . what has been learned cannot be un-learned.
I think it's already too late, in a way.

The critical moment was when Pickle got the idea to start investigating Atsali's past, and realized that the story they'd been told probably wasn't all of the truth.

That's a realization that cannot be un-done. Innocence/ignorance is gone, and the snakes are loose. If she doesn't investigate now, she'll always wonder... and, at some point, Atsali (clueless as she can be at times) will also start to wonder.

The only real questions, at this point, are "Exactly what happened?" and "Who did it?" and "What's going to be the fall-out from our learning all of this?"

[Kosh] The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. [/Kosh]