Hold On 2016-09-26

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
AnotherFairportfan

Hold On 2016-09-26

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Right.

I think Atsali has a challenger for the title of "Miss Clueless Gryphon High 2017"
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
AnotherFairportfan

Re: Hold On 2016-09-26

Also, i love the faces - but particularly Devyn's - in the last panel.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Oh, GOD. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
Dave

Post by Dave »

What's the old saying?

Something like "To every puzzle there is a solution that is clear, obvious, straightforward, compelling, and wrong."

It looks as if Abbie has found one such answer.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

'I iz Abbie, and I'z so Smart...'
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Abbie...did your parents raise any ....intelligent...children...?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Dave wrote:What's the old saying?

Something like "To every puzzle there is a solution that is clear, obvious, straightforward, compelling, and wrong."

True saying. I wish I could remember who said it.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Wait just a Skorm damned minute... Didn't someone present this as a potential solution in a previous thread?
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
AnotherFairportfan

GlytchMeister wrote:Wait just a Skorm damned minute... Didn't someone present this as a potential solution in a previous thread?
It's the "I Am So Wonderful" way she says it...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Devyn's response says one thing to me:

"I have idiots for friends."
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
TheCollector

Post by TheCollector »

Wait.. So does Devyn's expression mean Abbie is totally wrong, meaning I am too, or because of the way Abbie says the next bit?
illiad

Post by illiad »

she was going OK until the second panel, but then her GIANT EGO got in the way, sunk her foot, leg and all down her throat.... :O :O
eee

Post by eee »

It would appear that during that penny drop moment Abbie had, the penny went down the wrong slot. Either that or her ego is putting Devyn off.

Since a crush would seem to NOT be the cause of Devyn's unhappiness, we're back to "She's outraged they were treating the male teacher as a sex object" or "she can't understand their behavior and is angered by it" or " Stuff". Let's see what it is.
Aleister Crow

Post by Aleister Crow »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Dave wrote:What's the old saying?

True saying. I wish I could remember who said it.
H.L. Mencken had a variation of it- "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." The sentiment behind it probably goes back to the stone age.
Whoever coined the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys" obviously never spent an afternoon cramming the little buggers into one.
ziggy78eog

Post by ziggy78eog »

Me thinks Abbie is still not catching on as to why her friend is angry with her.
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Good thing they are well trained to hold their form otherwise that big head of hers would be overwhelming the whole panel.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

ziggy78eog wrote:Me thinks Abbie is still not catching on as to why her friend is angry with her.
That's OK... I think that most of "US" haven't caught on yet either...
Don't planto mihi adveho illac
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

oldmanmickey wrote:Good thing they are well trained to hold their form otherwise that big head of hers would be overwhelming the whole panel.
Hmmm . . . you know, I don't remember anything that indicates either Abby or Devyn is a shapeshifter . . .

Atsali, Castel, Jesse, Krystal, Monica, Phix, Shelley, Bud, Jin, Brandi, Nudge, Nudge's sister (can't remember her name), their mother, Nadette, presumably Berdine and their parents, . . . presumably Ellen and most of the other flight team members . . . Timmy and presumably his family . . . Scarlet and presumably her family . . . some of the other kindergarteners IIRC, and presumably their families . . .

But Abby, Devyn, Alexis, Mallory we've seen a fair bit over a long time, and no evidence of shapeshifting.

Aside from Shelley and Monica, all of the known shapeshifters displayed their ability fairly soon after we met them.

--FreeFlier
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

FreeFlier wrote:But Abby, Devyn, Alexis, Mallory we've seen a fair bit over a long time, and no evidence of shapeshifting.
Mallory would have to be able to do so, unless amphipteres in this setting are drastically different from those in common mythology. It could be that her paranormal form is just too inconvenient for doing anything in places that were designed to the standards of human form, so she stays in human shape.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Catawampus wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:But Abby, Devyn, Alexis, Mallory we've seen a fair bit over a long time, and no evidence of shapeshifting.
Mallory would have to be able to do so, unless amphipteres in this setting are drastically different from those in common mythology. It could be that her paranormal form is just too inconvenient for doing anything in places that were designed to the standards of human form, so she stays in human shape.
I didn't remember her type. It's also true that we've not seen as much of her as of Abby, Devyn and Alexis.

In fact, I don't think we've seen Mallory except with Abby, Devyn and Alexis, whereas we've seen them one and two at a time.

--FreeFlier