When You Want 2016-09-07

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
jwhouk

When You Want 2016-09-07

Post by jwhouk »

Linky

Hee hee....
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
FreeFlier

Re: When You Want 2016-09-07

Post by FreeFlier »

You didn't know that?

or . . .

You didn't ask.

--FreeFlier
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hee hee, yeah... maybe.

Three years isn't really all that much when you're immortal. But... Bia is immortal, she's a Titan, she'll grow up to become an adult again eventually (probably), and she might just possibly decide to hold a bit of a grudge.

Outside the Library, an adult Bia could probably grab Phix's panties and tie them in a knot above her head, and Phix couldn't do anything about it.

We can hope that Bia has learned a sense of humor (a non-nasty one), in addition to all the other good stuff, during her second childhood, and that she hasn't picked up too many tricksterish ideas hanging around with Nudge for all those years.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

You know how it goes... Sphinxes are guardians... so she was guarding that secret... until the most appropriatetime, based on, well, you know: rule of funny... :lol:

(Warning: TV Tropes link... :shock: )
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Let's just hope she doesn't suddenly lose the privilege... ;)
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

Well you never asked and it just never came up. Shes not a mind reader now is she.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
TheDOCTOR
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa. via Gallifrey, in Constallation of Kastaborus

Post by TheDOCTOR »

Great now Bia can get into mischief with the other Tweens/teens. Perhaps Go out with Castela and her friends or go out with.....BOYS!
DilyV

Post by DilyV »

I'm kinda hoping that Bia stays a kid a little longer... it gives her a chance to get some growing up experience... she really didn't get a whole lot of that, seeing her whole life destroyed before her eyes...
You know that light at the end of the tunnel?

Yeah... it's a bullet. Sorry.
Grantcmccormick

Post by Grantcmccormick »

It's understandable that Bia had not learned of this from Phix, since Phix is (or was) Bia's Mother-In-Law (Assuming that Bia's vow with Brian is of the "Till death do you part" type, did Bia fake her own death, or did Bia actually die? Only in the Wapsiverse could a question such as this come up!)). But doesn't Bia talk with her father, Pallas? I'm assuming Phix knows because Pallas wrote it down somewhere. If he told Phix, but didn't mention it to his daughter, that would be rather impolite on his part!
Gyrrakavian

Post by Gyrrakavian »

But she was being so well behaved and it made it much easier to keep track of her.
"Occam's razor is a fine thing, but the universe is a Rube-Goldberg machine."
illiad

Post by illiad »

yes, the fact that she did not 'misbehave' and *try* to leave, shows she has 'grown up' a bit!! :)
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

TheDOCTOR wrote:Great now Bia can get into mischief with the other Tweens/teens. Perhaps Go out with Castela and her friends or go out with.....BOYS!
We can see the whole Castela/Timothy/Scarlet tangle being resolved by Castela and Scarlet sitting together grumbling about Timothy running off with that Bia girl.
Grantcmccormick

Post by Grantcmccormick »

Catawampus wrote:
TheDOCTOR wrote:Great now Bia can get into mischief with the other Tweens/teens. Perhaps Go out with Castela and her friends or go out with.....BOYS!
We can see the whole Castela/Timothy/Scarlet tangle being resolved by Castela and Scarlet sitting together grumbling about Timothy running off with that Bia girl.
There would be no question of what type of paranormal that Bia would be -- a cougar!
chicgeek

Post by chicgeek »

Considering the hurt Bia put on Phix-having to give up her son, then watching Bia pass herself off as human to grow up with him, marry him, and callously fake her death, devestating Shelly-I think Phix is allowed this *tiniest* bit of revenge.
"Why didn't you tell me it was lifted?"
Innocent-"You didn't know? Didn't your dad tell you?" :twisted:
I'm glad Bia is learning compassion, though. And it sounds like she and Shelly have been forging a new relationship. If so, I'm impressed with Shelly. I'd like to see them interacting sometime.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Grantcmccormick wrote:
Catawampus wrote:We can see the whole Castela/Timothy/Scarlet tangle being resolved by Castela and Scarlet sitting together grumbling about Timothy running off with that Bia girl.
There would be no question of what type of paranormal that Bia would be -- a cougar!
And conceivably a polyamorous one. The Gods and Titans were never known for sexual fidelity. We already know that Bia isn't immune to the attraction of younger men (e.g. Shelly's father) and isn't beyond using the "become young, and grow up with the guy" trick.

So, once she reaches adulthood again, she might just collect a male harem of young paras. Given her Olympian connections she's probably well-off enough to build a mansion and install each of the kids in his own suite.

(Dave walks off, casually whistling the tune of Aerosmith's "Boys In The Attic" in the direction of the Pun Jar. He segues into "Suite Emotion", watching carefully for flying bricks.)
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

I'm suddenly thinking of Garion, Polgara and Ce'nedra and a bottle of nasty medicine...

=========

EDIT to correct a name.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Bia, finally out and left to her Own Devices>

She might fall in with this crew by the end of the week...

I'm seeing her taken under the wing of Marv, the Leatherman, in her exploration of her next maturity plateau...

I'm tempted to toss in a Donna Summer radio retrospective DVD, but I found I stopped considering my reply a Pun.... huh.

Source that film.
Watch it.
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Grantcmccormick wrote:There would be no question of what type of paranormal that Bia would be -- a cougar!
That's not PARA-normal, that's just something that happens.
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

I wonder just how the restriction worked, though. What would happen if she had tried to leave without being excused? Would she just hit a barrier that physically restrains her? Would she get zapped until she went back to where she had been? Would her body lock up?
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Catawampus wrote:I wonder just how the restriction worked, though. What would happen if she had tried to leave without being excused? Would she just hit a barrier that physically restrains her? Would she get zapped until she went back to where she had been? Would her body lock up?
She just wouldn't be able to try.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.