Domestic Tumult

All off topic conversation held here. Have fun and play nice. =)

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

AnotherFairportfan

Domestic Tumult

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

Steve and Helen took the girls to get their ears pierced a while back; apparently Natalie has slacked off somewhat on the proper follow-up, and on at least one ear the flesh has grown over the backing.

This was just (19:00 EDT) discovered - apparently as a result of one of Maggie's earrings losing its backing when her hair snagged it while they were playing.

So, after a period of screaming and yelling about how much it hurt when her parents tried to get it loose, Natalie is off to the Immediate Care center to get that seen to. She has pretty well calmed down.

Maggie, OTOH, is into a full-fledged state of panic over Natalie. I mean crying, fretting, afraid that her sister's ear is going to be permanently damaged...

Steve pointed out (perhaps a bit unhelpfully) that the earlobe is pretty much vestigial, that you don't need it, so even if it were bad enough that she lost it, it wouldn't really be all that bad.

Whereupon Maggie began worrying that maybe they'd have to cut off part of Natalie's ear...
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
Dave

Re: Domestic Tumult

Post by Dave »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:Whereupon Maggie began worrying that maybe they'd have to cut off part of Natalie's ear...
Owww. :( So sorry they're going through such a scary bit of "wake up to some of the harsher aspects of reality".

As Giles said, "I understand that ice cream is called for, at times like this."

(I suppose you shouldn't play them "A Boy Named Sue" with its lyrics about "... he came up with a knife, and cut off a piece of my ear ...")
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Yes, apply it liberally to the earlobe, it should make the swelling go down...
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic earlobe. Natalie's earlobe will be that earlobe. Better than it was before. Better, stronger. . .lobeier.
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Catawampus wrote:Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic earlobe. Natalie's earlobe will be that earlobe. Better than it was before. Better, stronger. . .lobeier.

... with icecream?
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Catawampus wrote:Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic earlobe. Natalie's earlobe will be that earlobe. Better than it was before. Better, stronger. . . lobeier.
You mean, they'll turn her ear into a grocery store??? :shock: :?
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

lake_wrangler wrote:You mean, they'll turn her ear into a grocery store??? :shock: :?
Hey, that way the food supply will wax more often than it will wane.
Typeminer

Post by Typeminer »

Catawampus wrote:
lake_wrangler wrote:You mean, they'll turn her ear into a grocery store??? :shock: :?
:!: :?: :shock:
Saccharomyces cerevisiae is the linchpin of civilization.
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

Typeminer wrote:
Catawampus wrote:
:!: :?: :shock:
I think I just got it, myself... ear wax, right?