Tea talk

Just a little nook for SteamPunk folks to talk shop, costuming/cosplay, media, and rub elbows.

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

DinkyInky

Re: Tea talk

Post by DinkyInky »

Dave wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:I was told I acted like a cross between Gollum and a dragon the way I hoarded those. Use coconut marshmallows and the tea tastes a lot like that.
Precious, Precious S'Mores! GRRARRGH! Image :lol:

My pouch arrived last night. I tried some after lunch - one heaping teaspoon full, filled the cup with scalding water from the coffee machine, stirred, waited two minutes, decanted. Added just a touch of sweetener.

It's delicious (I'm not allowed to say "Yummy Tea" in this context, right? ;) ). It's a nice smoky Lapsang Souchong, and the flavors are subtle - they add to the taste without being overpowering or obnoxious. It's sort of the flip-side version of Aztec chocolate (mostly chocolate, but flavored with various herbs and some hot red pepper).

Thanks for the pointer, DinkyInky! This will make a nice change from dark-roast office coffee.
How cute!

And the tea is very yummy. I don't care what anyone says...it is.
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Just Old Al wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:Yanno, I kinda asked for that discussing chainmail gag gifts. I ought to make and send both of you dorks a lightweight aluminum one.
Where's your order book? :twisted:
Just Old Al wrote:
DinkyInky wrote:You're Despicable.
PM sent. :)
What I've done...so far. Ran out of materials.
Attachments
Ran out of materials
Ran out of materials
IMG_20160406_1230492_rewind_kindlephoto-79518572.jpg (246.74 KiB) Viewed 26409 times
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

--Safyr Drathmir
Dave

Post by Dave »

DinkyInky wrote:What I've done...so far. Ran out of materials.
Very pretty, DinkyInky!

What's the mnemonic incantation for this one? "Knit one... pearl two... anodize two... weld four..."
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

So, once assembled- you can dip it in a strong tea solution and then run a strong electrical current through it...
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

TazManiac wrote:So, once assembled- you can dip it in a strong tea solution and then run a strong electrical current through it...
I outta flog you for that, but it's not finished.

--Safyr Drathmir
Sgt. Howard

Post by Sgt. Howard »

Dave wrote:
Very pretty, DinkyInky!

What's the mnemonic incantation for this one? "Knit one... pearl two... anodize two... weld four..."

THAT'S MINE!!! (Blacksmith at anvil) "Knit one, pearl two" grabs hammer SLAM! "Knit one, pearl two" grabs hammer SLAM! "Knit one, pearl two" looks out forth wall at viewer, "I HATE chainmail!" grabs hammer, SLAM!
Rule 17 of the Bombay Golf Course- "You shall play the ball where the monkey drops it,"
I speak fluent Limrick-
the Old Sgt.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Sgt. Howard wrote:
Dave wrote:
Very pretty, DinkyInky!

THAT'S MINE!!! (Blacksmith at anvil) "Knit one, pearl two" grabs hammer SLAM! "Knit one, pearl two" grabs hammer SLAM! "Knit one, pearl two" looks out forth wall at viewer, "I HATE chainmail!" grabs hammer, SLAM!
ROFLMAO
That's how I really knit. Take one skein of pretty yarn, one E-Z pattern, one pair of E-Z start knitting needles.
Knit one, *tangle, swear* Purl none
Knit one, *WHAM!* knitting is done!

--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Flu Bug is mid-cycle: I'm sitting here at the keyboard w/ a black cat on one hand ('the Hole in the Darkness') and a Camp Cup (enameled metal, big'n sized) on the other.

It's nothing fancy, just an English Breakfast tea-bag from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, I think it's swag from a Hotel Stay, but at least the fine print says it comes from Sri Lanka, so theres that...
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

TazManiac wrote:Flu Bug is mid-cycle: I'm sitting here at the keyboard w/ a black cat on one hand ('the Hole in the Darkness') and a Camp Cup (enameled metal, big'n sized) on the other.

It's nothing fancy, just an English Breakfast tea-bag from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, I think it's swag from a Hotel Stay, but at least the fine print says it comes from Sri Lanka, so theres that...
Not cool. One thing that can both dress up plain tea and add health benefits to it is to add orange peel. I've been doing that for so long that at first sniffle kiddo gets oranges, and the peels get used in pot after pot of tea.

--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

(haha!, Thx!) I just came back inside from harvesting Lemons from the front yard, in the dark, in my jammies...

you-so-smart, you da smartiest...
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

Between your lemons and my grapefruit and oranges, we can conquer the fruit market...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

TazManiac wrote:(haha!, Thx!) I just came back inside from harvesting Lemons from the front yard, in the dark, in my jammies...

you-so-smart, you da smartiest...
jwhouk wrote:Between your lemons and my grapefruit and oranges, we can conquer the fruit market...
The pirates will love you too. No more scurvy.

--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

*Arrrh!*

Ran across something in the semi-dormant Tea Stash that advertised itself as 'a Liver Cleanse'.... Little 'scurred but I went ahead and tried it; it tasted like it advertised: Some kind of Botanical Herb that you'd think was relegated to East Indian Cuisine. (When I get back I'll find the actual name, etc...)
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

TazManiac wrote:*Arrrh!*

Ran across something in the semi-dormant Tea Stash that advertised itself as 'a Liver Cleanse'.... Little 'scurred but I went ahead and tried it; it tasted like it advertised: Some kind of Botanical Herb that you'd think was relegated to East Indian Cuisine. (When I get back I'll find the actual name, etc...)
Eeeeew!

--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

OK, here we go:

Organic India
true wellness

Tulsi Cleanse
Daily Liver & Kidney Support
Certified Organic Healing Herbs
& Tulsi-Holly Basil

Here is a link I found via Google... https://www.naturalhealthyconcepts.com/ ... -OI18.html
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

:? :oops: :cry: :roll:
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

TazManiac wrote:OK, here we go:

Organic India
true wellness

Tulsi Cleanse
Daily Liver & Kidney Support
Certified Organic Healing Herbs
& Tulsi-Holly Basil

Here is a link I found via Google... https://www.naturalhealthyconcepts.com/ ... -OI18.html
You poor dear. Tulsi 'teas' is a very acquired taste. I have friends that swear by the brand, and sent me a bunch of different ones when I got the flu.

I turned all the herbal ones into ochazuke(hot green tea over rice, but I used these tisane instead), as it was the only way I could stomach them.

--Safyr Drathmir
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

*makes mental note to never ever try tulsi bevrages, because tea in general is an acquired taste in my opinion, and I’ve only barely acquired a taste for tea with lots of citrus juice and lots of honey*
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Catawampus

Post by Catawampus »

"Now produced with less floor sweepings, and with non-GMO certified heavy metals!"
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Catawampus wrote:"Now produced with less floor sweepings, and with non-GMO certified heavy metals!"
Whenever I see a "Natural, Herbal" etc. item that "treats" and "cleanses toxins" I think "Projectile Vomiting."
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff