Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Dragon Hostler

Re: Raging Daughters theme park

Post by Dragon Hostler »

by Atomic » Tue May 14, 2013 7:29 am

The Big Douche!
Fun for the Whole Family

Yeah -- I'd stand in line for that one....
I knew someone would bite on that one. :)
Not "The Big Douche" though that would be appropriate for many water park rides, and probably overly-appropriate for a park called Raging Daughters, just a big douche, pardon my French... ;)

I owe the pun jar for that one, but not a drop of vinegar.

BTW; Ya gotta climb a lotta stairs to ride "The High Colonic".
"Please remember to exit the pool immediately, restrooms are to the left."

OK, Ever seen an uphill water slide?
A line of nozzles [similar to the jet exhaust on an F117] creates a high speed film of water that will push a moving victim, um rider, up a slope. After entering the slide, one of several sets of nozzles triggers, pushing you out of a plenum zone [possibly circular] over a hump and into one of the diverging slides. No moving doors to jamb, no diverging vee near the rider to get crotched on.
Kinda like the coin drop funnel someone mentioned, except inverted. In near the center, out at the rim.
Born Again Heathen
Hostling dragons is similar to hostling horses, but ya need a bigger shovel, oh, and bigger nose plugs. Don't forget the nose plugs!
Dragon Hostler

Post by Dragon Hostler »

Another midway game; Acacia's Anchor Toss.
Born Again Heathen
Hostling dragons is similar to hostling horses, but ya need a bigger shovel, oh, and bigger nose plugs. Don't forget the nose plugs!
Dragon Hostler

Post by Dragon Hostler »

I'm still having fun with this thread, so...

Stinky plushies of course.

Phix's Cookies of the Sphinx. A riddle in every one.

Aaand leap just now...Wapsi Square animal crackers.
Born Again Heathen
Dave

Post by Dave »

Based on recent events in Minneapolis, I think we need to add a good parkour course to the Park. We might even be able to get some celebrity runners to come show us how it's done.

The same area would provide plenty of obstacles for paragliding and wingsuit stunts. I wonder if we can find sphinxwing suits off-the-shelf, or whether they'll have to be custom-made?

Stella's Fish Cafe will, of course, have to be invited to open a location in the Food Court. Having at least one high-end place like Stella's should be good for business.
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

Dave wrote:Based on recent events in Minneapolis, I think we need to add a good parkour course to the Park. We might even be able to get some celebrity runners to come show us how it's done.

The same area would provide plenty of obstacles for paragliding and wingsuit stunts. I wonder if we can find sphinxwing suits off-the-shelf, or whether they'll have to be custom-made?

Stella's Fish Cafe will, of course, have to be invited to open a location in the Food Court. Having at least one high-end place like Stella's should be good for business.
Let's not forget a Mucha Mocha location with Becky's sinful treats to go along with. Enter there, and leave through the theme park(because after eating a few treats, you'll wanna work off the calories...:p).
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

Dave wrote:The same area would provide plenty of obstacles for paragliding and wingsuit stunts. I wonder if we can find sphinxwing suits off-the-shelf, or whether they'll have to be custom-made?
Something like this?
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

As an alternative to the spooky U-Boat, have a spooky Nether house?

Y'know those slingshot rides? Theme one after a jumping spider.

Library Skydiving! No need to get onto a plane! ... I wonder what's under the Library... Hmm... I've just had a really interesting idea for one of Glytch-the-character's future adventures...

Hmm.

Ooooh! Chop the Sacred Tree! Get a big Sphinx Shelly plushie if you can do it in one slice.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Jabberwonky

Post by Jabberwonky »

GlytchMeister wrote:As an alternative to the spooky U-Boat, have a spooky Nether house?

Y'know those slingshot rides? Theme one after a jumping spider.

Library Skydiving! No need to get onto a plane! ... I wonder what's under the Library... Hmm... I've just had a really interesting idea for one of Glytch-the-character's future adventures...

Hmm.

Ooooh! Chop the Sacred Tree! Get a big Sphinx Shelly plushie if you can do it in one slice.
The Nether Haunted House is a great idea...and Digits Spider Jump even better. I like the Sage's Tee Chop, too.
BASE jumping from the Library would automatically exclude all the normals and bite into ticket sales. (Although I can see that as an adrenaline rush for some of the braver para-teens...)
Hmmm...
"The price of perfection is prohibitive." - Anonymous
Dave

Post by Dave »

And, after all these years, Paul himself has provided the theme for another ride for the park.

The Touchdown.

(Damn, I wish Photobucket hadn't gotten all revenue-hungry and started charging a zillion for image hosting. Jabberwonky, if you're listening... do you have those great images archived anywhere? I could host'em myself if necessary...)
Dave

Post by Dave »

OK... I managed to get past the third-party-hosting block on Jabberwonky's Photobucket, and downloaded the two images he'd done for Raging Daughters back in 2012. I put 'em on my own hosting server...

Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Found a fix for the Photobucket created hotlinking problem. I run Firefox and it works great.

For Firefox

For Chrome

Don't know how well the Chrome thing works, but it was linked from the Firefox version.

Happy Fan Arting again!

I also posted this in the Fan Art thread.
Don't let other peoples limitations become your constraints!

My Deviant Art scribbles
The Atomic Guide to Basic GIMP Stuff
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

NEW at Ragin Daughters:

The Portal Drop!
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin