All Together Now 2016-01-21

Need to talk about the day's episode of Wapsi? This is the place to do it. Play nice! ^_^

Moderators: Bookworm, starkruzr, MrFireDragon, PrettyPrincess, Wapsi

Forum rules
When two threads are posted for a day's comic, the thread posted first becomes the starting post. Please delete the second thread and add your post to the first thread. When naming the thread: Comic Name YYYY-MM-DD
Thanks guys! This keeps the forum nice and neat.
Catawampus

Re: All Together Now 2016-01-21

Post by Catawampus »

jayessell wrote:The temperature is only temporary.
Assuming that you can weather it long enough.
Dave wrote:Perhaps... but that wouldn't entirely explain the way in which Monica has repeatedly been clobbered by improbable bursts of winter snow, year after year. She felt she was being picked on and specifically singled out. Her poiting of the snow down to the Caribbean (and onto the deck of the Spoiled Princess) was a temper-driven "snap back" at Winter.
Though given the way time has been played with on occasion by various individuals, there's no guarantee that cause would precede effect.

I do agree, however, that this is probably not somebody getting back at her for the cruise ship incident.
illiad

Post by illiad »

Catawampus wrote:
Though given the way time has been played with on occasion by various individuals, there's no guarantee that cause would precede effect.

I do agree, however, that this is probably not somebody getting back at her for the cruise ship incident.
Its most likely the gods having fun with monica...
jayessell wrote:Hopefully the MiB is ok.
What was that...A reverse entropy bomb?
The release of some Maxwells' Deamons?
(Does that mean a different area of the island is now too hot?)

The temperature is only temporary.
Dave is right, you need to do an archive binge, it's all there....;) :P
oldmanmickey

Post by oldmanmickey »

It could also easily be someone playing a practical joke on those two, i would not rule M out.
Dear, don’t bore him with trivia or burden him with your past mistakes. The happiest way to deal with a man is never to tell him anything he does not need to know. L. Long
CPUGuy1

Post by CPUGuy1 »

Snerk!
Mother Nature Strikes Again!

Don't think even the MIB's could stop that from happening ...
Is The Earth On A Diet?
With just one million people losing weight,
so after each one had lost 'one pound' ...
will the earth weigh 1,000,000 pounds less?
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

Personally, I think ALL the times she has been inundated with a sudden burst of snow is someone playing a prank on her and not a random act of nature. Probably one of the Golem Girls. Or maybe Tepoz. Just getting her back for all those times she was mean to him. There are a number of candidates. All in all, my money would be on Tepoz since he has been around her from the start and has reasons to prank her from time to time. Now it's a tradition so he can't just stop.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
jwhouk

Post by jwhouk »

KnightDelight wrote:Personally, I think ALL the times she has been inundated with a sudden burst of snow is someone playing a prank on her and not a random act of nature. Probably one of the Golem Girls. Or maybe Tepoz. Just getting her back for all those times she was mean to him. There are a number of candidates. All in all, my money would be on Tepoz since he has been around her from the start and has reasons to prank her from time to time. Now it's a tradition so he can't just stop.
You know, I was going to say that I think that happened before she met Tepoz - but it actually happened right after she sent him to Utah...
"Character is what you are in the dark." - D.L. Moody
"You should never run from the voices in your head. That's how you give them power." - Jin
AnotherFairportfan

Post by AnotherFairportfan »

jwhouk wrote:
KnightDelight wrote:Personally, I think ALL the times she has been inundated with a sudden burst of snow is someone playing a prank on her and not a random act of nature. Probably one of the Golem Girls. Or maybe Tepoz. Just getting her back for all those times she was mean to him. There are a number of candidates. All in all, my money would be on Tepoz since he has been around her from the start and has reasons to prank her from time to time. Now it's a tradition so he can't just stop.
You know, I was going to say that I think that happened before she met Tepoz - but it actually happened right after she sent him to Utah...
But there's no alcohol in snow.
Proof Positive the world is not flat: If it were, cats would have pushed everything off the edge by now.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:
jwhouk wrote:
But there's no alcohol in snow.
He can still *poit*

He just can't create stuff without alcohol. He can transport stuff without issue. He's played "soccer mom" for Nudge before.
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
Hansontoons

Post by Hansontoons »

My first thought when I viewed the post was "Wait, Jin is pregnant-- or has she domino'd already???". And then realized I've been reading too much fan fiction!

Granted, this was early this AM, BC (before coffee).

Just being thick as a brick.
GlytchMeister

Post by GlytchMeister »

Hansontoons wrote:My first thought when I viewed the post was "Wait, Jin is pregnant-- or has she domino'd already???". And then realized I've been reading too much fan fiction!

Granted, this was early this AM, BC (before coffee).

Just being thick as a brick.
Right... I have to work to keep fanon separate from canon in my head. It actually takes conscious effort. :P
He's mister GlytchMeister, he's mister code
He's mister exploiter, he's mister ones and zeros
They call me GlytchMeister, whatever I touch
Starts to glitch in my clutch!
I'm too much!
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Hansontoons wrote:. . . Granted, this was early this AM, BC (before coffee). . . .
computer wrote:File Coffee.com not found.

Reboot user?

[Yes] [No]
Of course, in my case it would be caffeine.com

--FreeFlier
Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

FreeFlier wrote:

Reboot user?

[Yes] [No]

--FreeFlier
Or tea, cola, mate (mah-TAY)
I ride my bike to ride my bike, and sometimes it takes me where I need to go.
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

Opus the Poet wrote:
FreeFlier wrote:

Reboot user?

[Yes] [No]
Or tea, cola, mate (mah-TAY)
I don't drink coffee or cola, which is why the more generic caffeine, and mate' is arguably tea, or at least an infusion.

--FreeFlier
lake_wrangler

Post by lake_wrangler »

FreeFlier wrote:and mate' is arguably tea, or at least an infusion.

--FreeFlier
Oh? Silly me, I thought Mate was a desktop environment in Linux... ;)
KnightDelight

Post by KnightDelight »

AnotherFairportfan wrote:But there's no alcohol in snow.
There are probably trace amounts of various kinds of alcohol in the atmosphere. Not much but some. How much does it take for Tepoz to work his magic on a substance containing it? One molecule? Does even a trace amount in one point in the atmosphere give him control over the whole atmospheric system since it's all connected? Who knows. More likely though, there would be some trace amount spread throughout the atmosphere. That tiny amount might even allow for some control over the weather by transmuting specific parts of it. A little effect here, a big effect at some other location? Create a vertical snow front right over s tiny island in the Bermuda Triangle? Getting it to dump all it's snow at once would be another matter. Though that could be a characteristic of a vertical front.

That being said, and as has been noted, it would most likely be his power to poit that did the trick.

Yeah. I know. I'm way over thinking this. But in the Wapsiverse, physics be damned so anything is possible.
DANGEROUSLY UNDER-MEDICATED
If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

KnightDelight wrote:
AnotherFairportfan wrote:But there's no alcohol in snow.
There are probably trace amounts of various kinds of alcohol in the atmosphere. Not much but some. How much does it take for Tepoz to work his magic on a substance containing it? One molecule? Does even a trace amount in one point in the atmosphere give him control over the whole atmospheric system since it's all connected? Who knows. More likely though, there would be some trace amount spread throughout the atmosphere. That tiny amount might even allow for some control over the weather by transmuting specific parts of it. A little effect here, a big effect at some other location? Create a vertical snow front right over s tiny island in the Bermuda Triangle? Getting it to dump all it's snow at once would be another matter. Though that could be a characteristic of a vertical front.

That being said, and as has been noted, it would most likely be his power to poit that did the trick.

Yeah. I know. I'm way over thinking this. But in the Wapsiverse, physics be damned so anything is possible.
So Tepoz poits in or creates some alcohol vapor, it goes into solution in the atmospheric moisture, and then he has control of same . . .

--FreeFlier
illiad

Post by illiad »

actually, alcohol *stops* ice forming.. it is used in many car de-icers.... :P

So If tepoz somehow got it in a big 'snow cloud' the result would be a big RAIN downpour! I prefer snow, it can be brushed of before it gets wet!!
FreeFlier

Post by FreeFlier »

illiad wrote:actually, alcohol *stops* ice forming.. it is used in many car de-icers.... :P

So If tepoz somehow got it in a big 'snow cloud' the result would be a big RAIN downpour! I prefer snow, it can be brushed of before it gets wet!!
But once he has alcohol in it, he has control, and can lower the temperature enough that it freezes anyway.

Even straight alcohol will freeze solid if it's cold enough . . . though amusingly, it freezes at a higher temperature than a mixture of alcohol and water.

And given that apparently he only needs a fraction of a percent to have control, the freezing point wouldn't be lowered that much anyway.

--FreeFlier
DinkyInky

Post by DinkyInky »

jayessell wrote:Hopefully the MiB is ok.
What was that...A reverse entropy bomb?
The release of some Maxwells' Deamons?
(Does that mean a different area of the island is now too hot?)

The temperature is only temporary.
Maxwell's tiny silver frozen Hammer(s)...
Yanno how some people have Angels/Devils for a conscience? I have a Dark Elf ShadowKnight and a Half Elf Ranger for mine. The really bad part is when they agree on something.

Aphyon chu kissa whol l'jaed.
--Safyr Drathmir
TazManiac

Post by TazManiac »

Look, its really very simple;

Tepoz poits some Alcohol into the sky above the 'victim', using his control over the substance he causes it to expand quickly causing a drop in pressure in that localized area, the naturally occurring water vapor held in suspension in the air freezes and drops to the earth as snow.

Hell, that was easier than trying to figure out how Storm/Ororo of the X-Men might do it...